“I forgot he played for us” XI

Just now, craigkillie said:

Hibs were absolutely awful that day. It was 3-0 going on about 10. I remember being absolutely raging when the lights went out the second time and we thought there was no way it was going to finish.

I totally forgot about the light fiasco that day that was some carry on, it was bloody freezing aswell.

Greg Stewart tore us to absolute bits that day, peak Neil Lennon doing Neil Lennon things. 

22 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

GK. Dean Brill

RB. Angelis Charambalous

CB. Ellis Plummer

CB. Keiran Kennedy

LB. Stephen Hendrie

LM. Luka Belic

CM. Lee Lucas

CM. Jake Taylor

RM. Nathan Thomas

FW. Theo Robinson

FW. Wes Fletcher

Most of these are in the I wish I could forget them team.

5 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Sergio Berti. Did Keane not sign him on about £5k a week then he tried to bin him for spitting on a young lad during a friendly ?

Pretty sure the SFA sided with the players unfair dismissal claim and it cost you quite a lot of money mate !!

Think it was Richie Brittain he spat on, during an argument in training. Yep, it all got a bit messy for Livi when we punted him, at least John Terry just gobbed on opposition players the dirty b*****d. Fining him, and/or a punch in his gub would've been a swifter way to resolve it, and a bit less costly. 

An odd one for Accies fans:

When Edinburgh City were in the East of Scotland League we used to occasionally get contacted by foreign players who thought we were full time for a trial. Usually we'd tell them to try Hibs or Hearts. Anyway a young Spanish striker turned up looking for a gig and we signed him to put him in the shop window so to speak.

We were due to play Gala Fairydean in the Qualifying Cup (South) quarter final. If you got to the semi finals you got into the Scottish Cup which meant much needed money for the club. The Spaniard scored a brace against Gala to get us through and it was obvious he was too good for the East of Scotland League. So we freed him when Accies offered him a contract. The Gala manager accused City of sharp practice by the way but as he was perma raging mess ex Arab John Clark who cares.

The Spaniard played about two games for Accies as a sub before returning to Spain. To sum up:

Adrian Nieto Gonzalez. An important footnote in Edinburgh City's history and probably forgotten in Accies' recent history.

On 19/09/2020 at 01:34, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Mark Paston

Wallace Duffy
Sean Webb
Jordan Tait
Euan Donaldson

Paul Kinnaird
David Hannah
David Bagan
John Paul McBride

Rory Fallon
Adam Morgan

Ably managed by John McLelland.

Paul Kinnaird, shudder at the thought. He was decent for Motherwell, rotten for us. Could have been a stunt double for Beavis...

images (1).jpeg

Poor old Brian McLean getting plenty of mentions in this thread.

Unfortunately I remember his time at County too well. His high point was playing up front in a pathetic defeat away to admin era Hearts after Yoann Arquin went AWOL. That was the same match Derek Adams was decked by Jamie Hamill.

McLean also bizzarely has an international cap for Northern Ireland, who he wasn't even eligible for.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

When Edinburgh City were in the East of Scotland League we used to occasionally get contacted by foreign players who thought we were full time for a trial. Usually we'd tell them to try Hibs or Hearts. Anyway a young Spanish striker turned up looking for a gig and we signed him to put him in the shop window so to speak.

We were due to play Gala Fairydean in the Qualifying Cup (South) quarter final. If you got to the semi finals you got into the Scottish Cup which meant much needed money for the club. The Spaniard scored a brace against Gala to get us through and it was obvious he was too good for the East of Scotland League. So we freed him when Accies offered him a contract. The Gala manager accused City of sharp practice by the way but as he was perma raging mess ex Arab John Clark who cares.

The Spaniard played about two games for Accies as a sub before returning to Spain. To sum up:

Adrian Nieto Gonzalez. An important footnote in Edinburgh City's history and probably forgotten in Accies' recent history.

I have no recollection of this gentleman whatsoever. But for annoying John Clark - good work guys 👏

On 18/09/2020 at 14:34, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Mark Paston

Wallace Duffy
Sean Webb
Jordan Tait
Euan Donaldson

Paul Kinnaird
David Hannah
David Bagan
John Paul McBride

Rory Fallon
Adam Morgan

Ably managed by John McLelland.

Lot of former County guys there, too.  Webb was okay for a season.   Tait never got a fair chance. Hannah was awful.  Kinnaird was about 55 years old and overweight, but he strolled the lower leagues.  I believe we had Morgan on loan.  He played about twice, I think.

8 hours ago, Torfason said:

Saw his debut at ER, shocking player for Saints.

Funny how memory can be distorted. I was also at that game and thought he played all right. The East Terracing Hibees applauded his efforts when he came off.

Of course it could be the young Tam hadn't quite got the hang of irony back then...

Only doing it for seasons i can remember, and the squad lists are on transfermarkt, as the 90s are well gone from my head now. Only include players id genuinely forgot had played for the club.

Michael McGovern - Apparently played a single game for us in 2006/07 on emergency loan, ended the season sitting on Celtic's bench for their Scottish Cup win.

John Hillcoat - GK of many clubs joined as a 37yo in November 2008/09, never played, then seems to have retired a month later.

Tim Clancy - Apparently scored for us against Celtic in our Cup winning season.

Derek Young - Joined in the Summer 2006, played 4 games, then seems to have vanished until December when he moves to Partick. No idea what happened there.

Tristan Nydam - Loaned to us in 18/19 by Ipswich, with their fans claiming he'd run the division. It took seeing his name to remind how wildly bad that prediction was.

Willie Gibson - Apparently played 12 games for us in 2011/12. No memory of that at all.

John Stewart - Sure he looked like a 40yo junkie when he signed for us, apparently a 6 month loan deal in the first half of the 07/08 season, ended it in a Scottish Cup Final with QOS.

Graham Barrett - Ex-Falkirk striker. Joined in February 2009, then left at the end of the season after about 8 games. Seems like injuries had already ruined his career by then.

Jonatan Johansson - Wiki reckons his signing was announced when the team lines came out for a game and he was included, and Hibs didn't announce his release until later that week. Scored a winner at Tynecastle.

James Keatings - Another loanee who barely played. Probably why I cant remember him.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

From the BBC archive, 2005 when Billy Reid was Accies manager.

There is a guy with an identical name who has has a pretty decent career in La Liga. But could he do it on a cold February night at Fir Park? Quite probably, yes.

20200921_111034.jpg

57 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Lot of former County guys there, too.  Webb was okay for a season.   Tait never got a fair chance. Hannah was awful.  Kinnaird was about 55 years old and overweight, but he strolled the lower leagues.  I believe we had Morgan on loan.  He played about twice, I think.

It'll be a different Morgan youre thinking of.

Ours was a shite striker who scored for Liverpool in some C team friendly competition and decided he was a superstar. Best mates with Iain Beale.

Highlight of his time with us was him getting pelters for being shite, so taking the ball to the 1 yard line during half time v ICT and smashing it into the net then eyeballing the Saints support as if he'd done something impressive. 

Thanks- I remember this game because Hamilton were the worst team I had seen in the league then and ever since.  Honking defending.

And yet we still finished comfortably above Killie ‘then’ who almost got relegated off banter fc aka Falkirk. Oh what a different world we could be living in right now.

‘Ever since’ we haven’t been the worst team in the league for the last 7 years

41 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

And yet we still finished comfortably above Killie ‘then’ who almost got relegated off banter fc aka Falkirk. Oh what a different world we could be living in right now.

‘Ever since’ we haven’t been the worst team in the league for the last 7 years

Perhaps I didn’t make my point clearly.  The team we beat 3-0 produced the worst performance in a match against Killie I had ever seen up til then, and since. Hope that calms you down a bit.