“I forgot he played for us” XI

40 minutes ago, TAFKAC said:

If I was picking out a Livi team, it would probably be something along the lines of...

Giordano Vanin or Kevin Walker (GK)

Salvador Capin or David Cowan (RB)
Phil Cave (LB)
Julius Raliukonis (CB)
Ryan Harding CB)
Dubi Tesevic (MR) - He might have been a ML but struggling for that one position.
Jakob Hottek (ML)
Milan Thomas or Grant McCann (MC)
Davide Luongo (MC)
Nocko Jokovic (SC)
Lewis Allan or Thomas Orr (SC)

Luongo was another one yep, he was a running joke too with the invisible man tag. Still not got the French dude from last season though, beginning to doubt myself of his existence now. . Cameron Blues is another one that faded into obscurity, went out on loan to Morton and then left the club.  And Callum Crane, oh and Greg Wylde would be good shouts too.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Luongo was another one yep, he was a running joke too with the invisible man tag. Still not got the French dude from last season though, beginning to doubt myself of his existence now. . Cameron Blues is another one that faded into obscurity, went out on loan to Morton and then left the club.  And Callum Crane, oh and Greg Wylde would be good shouts too.

He wasn't French, but there was Savane last season who must have only played two or three games?

4 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

Daniel Bachman - Ended up being a good keeper but never got a chance with us

Jim Fenlon - Was signed by Derek Adams and was meant to be quite good. Wasn't good... Opposite of good.

Tim Dreesen - another Derek Adams special. Once cost a club a million pounds... Terrible played about 5 times.

Abdoulaye Mieite- Signed in the hope of being an experienced head in defense, made 0 appearances.

Jeremy Latouchent - Young guy who was meant to be really promising. Ended up at St Mirren I think.

Milan Lalkovic- Ex Chelsea and Portsmouth, never really got a chance for some reason.

Charlie Adam - Totally forgot he played for us until I seen him sign for Dundee the other day. Scored from the halfway line for us.

Chris Burke - played a few for us and was different class, then spent the rest of the season injured and went to killie.

Marc Klok - one of the Dutch 4 that signed, probably the least promising of the 4 at the time. plays in asia now if I remember right. Hopefully he knows how to play a forward pass now

Darvydas Cernas - a distinguished international forward who barely played and his most memorable moment was getting put in goals against St Mirren when Mark Brown got sent off.

Skhodran Mustafi- Played for some really good sides across europe. He was scared of the ball.

Charlie Adam over the piece was pretty decent for us- scored from the halfway line down at Love Street.

Lalkovic signed with tonnes of hype and never got a game.

3 hours ago, TAFKAC said:

If I was picking out a Livi team, it would probably be something along the lines of...

Giordano Vanin or Kevin Walker (GK)

Salvador Capin or David Cowan (RB)
Phil Cave (LB)
Julius Raliukonis (CB)
Ryan Harding CB)
Dubi Tesevic (MR) - He might have been a ML but struggling for that one position.
Jakob Hottek (ML)
Milan Thomas or Grant McCann (MC)
Davide Luongo (MC)
Nocko Jokovic (SC)
Lewis Allan or Thomas Orr (SC)

how about adding half the "names" Maximo signed that helped push us towards our first administration... namely:

• Theo Whitmore
  • Guy Ipoua 
  • Carlos Garcia (okay; not strictly a signing as he never got international clearance)

A mention in any such "waster" list must also go to Cherif Toure Maman who offered so much but deliver so little.

13 minutes ago, Durnford said:

how about adding half the "names" Maximo signed that helped push us towards our first administration... namely:

• Theo Whitmore
  • Guy Ipoua 
  • Carlos Garcia (okay; not strictly a signing as he never got international clearance)

A mention in any such "waster" list must also go to Cherif Toure Maman who offered so much but deliver so little.

Who was the Argie player that spat at someone in training and got punted before the season started?

7 hours ago, Ric said:

There are people with far better knowledge of our "fringe" players than I, so I'm not going to submit a list. However for any Saints fan that does, it has to have Iain Munro as manager. For those who don't know he lasted all of 6 days or so before leaving to go to Raith. Made all the more puzzling due to him being an ex player for us (with nigh on 200 appearances).

Don't even think it was as long as 6 days. I think it was less than 24 hours. Tommy McLean left Raith for Dundee Utd and Munro decided he wanted that job. They were in the top flight then. 

As for players to forget at St Mirren anyone signed by Tommy Craig, most of Stubbs' signings didn't make it past January either. 

Not sure I could manage a team but, 

Gordon Marshall. Think he played 1 game on loan

Tonet - Spanish midfielder got sent off, not sure if we saw him again

Christopher Wreh - a couple of appearances maybe. Hopeless. 

Ally Mitchell - think he did alright actually in a rotten John Coughlin side. 

Wayne Foster - scored on his debut, played a handful of games and moved on, to Partick maybe?

Going to go for a team of players that most folk will have actually heard of but just forgot existed in a St. Mirren shirt. Not everyone was shit (though most were), but you'd be forgiven for thinking 'did thry play for us?!' 

GK - Gordon Marshall.

LB - Danny Grainger

RB - Eddie Malone

CB - Massimo Donatti

CB - Jamie McCart

LM - Allan Johnston

RM- Kevin Twaddle

CM - Richard Brittain

CM - Eric Djemba Djemba

CF - Christopher Wreh

CF - Eddie Annand

Honourable mentions including but not limited to:

Alan Gow, Andy Dow, Tom Brighton, Paddy Cregg, Ryan Hardie, Daryll Duffy, Ally Mitchell, Iain Anderson, Mixu Paatelainen, Gerry Creaney, Gary Harkins, Chris Iwelumo, Sander Puri, Josh Magennis, Steven Robb, Stephane Bahoken, Ben Gordon, Ross Caldwell, Myles Hippolyte

GK - Jan Mucha - *shrugs*

LB - Luis Rubiales - nearly 200apps in Spain’s top 2 divisions, played 3 games then retired. Now the head of the spainish fa - Banter

CB - Marvin Andrews - Banter

CB - Lamine Diatta - nearly 200 appearances in france, over 70 caps for Senegal playing in the 2002 World Cup. Do not think he played a game. Banter.

RB - Jack Ross/David van Zanten - 2 st Mirren legends who I cannot remember playing for us, one was probably the start of our right back problems, even if they weren’t I’ll blame them anyway.

CM - Adrian Beck - this guy apparently played 6 times last season and he could probably walk by me in the street

CM - Lee Lynch

CM - David Carney - another World Cup star who only remembered played for us through google

ST - Leon Knight

ST - James Grady - vaguely remember he scored for us I think, most Accies fans fondest memory of him was giving us all a laugh at the st Johnstone fans while he still played for Gretna

ST - Willie McLaren - 13 apps for us, wow.

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Going to go for a team of players that most folk will have actually heard of but just forgot existed in a St. Mirren shirt. Not everyone was shit (though most were), but you'd be forgiven for thinking 'did thry play for us?!' 

GK - Gordon Marshall.

LB - Danny Grainger

RB - Eddie Malone

CB - Massimo Donatti

CB - Jamie McCart

LM - Allan Johnston

RM- Kevin Twaddle

CM - Richard Brittain

CM - Eric Djemba Djemba

CF - Christopher Wreh

CF - Eddie Annand

Honourable mentions including but not limited to:

Alan Gow, Andy Dow, Tom Brighton, Paddy Cregg, Ryan Hardie, Daryll Duffy, Ally Mitchell, Iain Anderson, Mixu Paatelainen, Gerry Creaney, Gary Harkins, Chris Iwelumo, Sander Puri, Josh Magennis, Steven Robb, Stephane Bahoken, Ben Gordon, Ross Caldwell, Myles Hippolyte

That's a comprehensive list. Richard Brittain had 37 games though. I remember him well. Gerhard? Fellner allegedly an Austrian centre back. The boy Galloway and another striker from the Tom Hendry era  I think, not sure if his surname might have been McVitie. If that was his name we would have been better off with a digestive biscuit upfront than him 

57 minutes ago, madmitch said:

That's a comprehensive list. Richard Brittain had 37 games though. I remember him well. Gerhard? Fellner allegedly an Austrian centre back. The boy Galloway and another striker from the Tom Hendry era  I think, not sure if his surname might have been McVitie. If that was his name we would have been better off with a digestive biscuit upfront than him 

Yeah. No-one had heard of Fellner or Galloway though. Also Galloway was just a youth player. 

Britain with 37 games is easily forgotten, folk remember him for his time at other clubs and no-one really classes his time with us as memorable in any way. The fact that he played 37 games and produced only one noteworthy moment (an equaliser at Ibrox that I'd have bet my last penny was Stuart Kean) is testament to that. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah. No-one had heard of Fellner or Galloway though. Also Galloway was just a youth player. 

Britain with 37 games is easily forgotten, folk remember him for his time at other clubs and no-one really classes his time with us as memorable in any way. The fact that he played 37 games and produced only one noteworthy moment (an equaliser at Ibrox that I'd have bet my last penny was Stuart Kean) is testament to that. 

I think we are talking two different Galloways here. You are talking Gavin Galloway. I was talking Steve Galloway.