St Johnstone vs Ross County - 19/09/20, 3.00pm

1 minute ago, frankthetank22 said:

Knowing County this has 2-1, home win written all over it. We're awful at closing out a match. 

I doubt we'll have a shot on target in the last 10 minutes. 

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

County look comfortable closing us down and snuffing our any attacks.

Doesn't seem hard to play against us really.

Sit deep, let us put in countless crosses to your keeper. Then just take the ball for a run and wait for the inevitable stupid tackle that wins a free kick.

Guaranteed to at least draw doing that, if you can get a shot at goal anywhere else than down the middle then there's your win.

Just now, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Yip, can probably turn it off now tbh

I was tempted at half time against Motherwell tbh, so shouldve done so today tbh. They dont even create chances.

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm adding that my list of goals Parish has conceded where most keepers save them, yet Parish has still somehow made it look like there's nothing more he couldve done.

Tell you what, we’ve had this conversation before, but St Johnstone has a serious issue with their goalkeepers.  Don’t know if its coaching or recruitment, but thats the second time in two games the St Johnstone keeper has been incompetent.  

I’d certainly not swap Laidlaw for either of those two, and that's saying something.  

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Tell you what, we’ve had this conversation before, but St Johnstone has a serious issue with their goalkeepers.  Don’t know if its coaching or recruitment.

Presumably a mix of both, seeing as Clark is getting progressively worse, while someone decided a keeper who got dropped for Jack Hamilton was worth signing.

Same game as last week. We’ve gone 180 minutes without giving up a single clear chance to our opponents, while creating at least four or five gilt edged chances over the two games. We’ve lost both 1-0.

i find it quite hard to absolutely pin down the issue. We’re not giving up vast quantities of chances to our opponents. We’re getting into some good positions ourselves - though probably not as many as we should given the way possession and territory has gone in these games. According to Sky’s stats we put in 42 crosses in that game. Roughly one every two minutes. How many times did an attacker make a worthwhile run to get on to one? Even the incident where Tanser hits the bar it shouldn’t get near him - a striker should have been banging that in from the centre of the goal.

Wasn't a fan of Conways corners seemed to spend about ten seconds in the air and easy for one of their big cbs to head away. He did some decent deliveries from deeper though. 

I'm still happy starting that shape but think it has to be changed quicker when we are losing and time running out. We pushed the wing backs to make it a clear 3 at the back instead of five, but they just stood on the touchline doing little other than cross for May and kane's short heads. 

Didn't seem to create anything in the middle, although partly cos County stacked it being happy to let us do our rubbish crosses. 

Clichéd af but County more 'streetwise' than us, had ref eating out their hand the whole game with going down all the time and getting away with cheap fouls