St Johnstone vs Ross County - 19/09/20, 3.00pm

57 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Just watched the highlights and I have a couple of questions:

Do St Johnstone not have an away kit?

What is the story behind the Dogger Saints flag? People are usually quite discreet about these sort of things. 

Yes Saints have an away kit, they were playing at home.

There is nothing discreet about dogging pal, it's done in public.

On 19/09/2020 at 17:20, Widge said:

I think it’s harsh to say he’s not learning, he’s changed the formation already and moved away from this perceived idea he’d rigidly stick to 5-2-3 already. He’s played exactly the same players Wright did, in exactly the same formation and they’ve let themselves down again. This is a team who finished last season absolutely flying and for whatever reason they haven’t started this season. Now whilst Davidson has a responsibility to get the best out of them and motivate them, the players need to take a long look in the mirror. These same players were scoring goals and creating chances last season and they aren’t just yet.

You’re going into over-analyse panic mode again and there’s no need for it. He’s a young manager who’s managed 8 senior games and you’re on the verge of writing him off. That’s ludicrous.

To be fair, giving him eight games before writing him off is generous for Random.

47 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Yes Saints have an away kit, they were playing at home.

There is nothing discreet about dogging pal, it's done in public.

I have two follow up questions in that case:

Do Ross County not have an away kit?

Where did you get your flag printed?

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

What is the story behind the Dogger Saints flag? People are usually quite discreet about these sort of things. 

County and Dundee* have both played in navy at McDiarmid in recent seasons and it's been easy to differentiate between the teams.  Don't know if it's the stream or the fact that Saints blue is a touch darker this season (as it should be) that made it more difficult this time.

*you'd know this if you bothered to attend matches.

**why would the home team play in their away strip?

14 minutes ago, The Marly said:

County and Dundee* have both played in navy at McDiarmid in recent seasons and it's been easy to differentiate between the teams.  Don't know if it's the stream or the fact that Saints blue is a touch darker this season (as it should be) that made it more difficult this time.

*you'd know this if you bothered to attend matches.

**why would the home team play in their away strip?

Dundee have never played in navy at McDiarmid, or any other stadium for that matter.

Obviously you can tell the difference but any away kit would make it far easier, this is the reason for away kits. An absolutely disgusting lack of concern for the older fan with failing eyesight. 

I don't attend as many matches as I'd like to due to slight logistical difficulties.

Tree House Tam has already corrected me on the game being played in Perth so pipe down. 

Eta: And the avoidance of any mention of the Dogger Saints flag is very suspicious IMO.

Edited by Dee Man

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can't wait for a multi-page argument about the difference between "dark blue" and "navy", tbh.

It's not going to happen, m8, but people need to be educated about very basic mistakes - we aren't known as The Dark Blues because we play in navy. 

Either way, you of all people, have a cheek to insinuate that a discussion on any topic whatsover would be boring/tedious. 

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

I have two follow up questions in that case:

Do Ross County not have an away kit?

Where did you get your flag printed?

County's away kit is light blue and white, probably even closer to St. Johnstone's home kit than our home one.

Dundee have never played in navy at McDiarmid, or any other stadium for that matter.
Obviously you can tell the difference but any away kit would make it far easier, this is the reason for away kits. An absolutely disgusting lack of concern for the older fan with failing eyesight. 
I don't attend as many matches as I'd like to due to slight logistical difficulties.
Tree House Tam has already corrected me on the game being played in Perth so pipe down. 
Eta: And the avoidance of any mention of the Dogger Saints flag is very suspicious IMO.
It's navy.

4 minutes ago, Comrie said:

County's away kit is light blue and white, probably even closer to St. Johnstone's home kit than our home one.

You got away with it on Saturday though. You'd have to be a complete joke outfit to have a complete clash with the home side and be forced to wear their away kit instead of your own efforts. 

12 minutes ago, Comrie said:

You say that as if its our fault you have two blue kits.

Why, St Johnstone were at home.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

You say that as if its our fault you have two blue kits.

The away kit is predominantly white, though.  I genuinely have no idea why County didn’t play in that.  Quite clearly white and blue is less of a confusion than blue and blue.   I guess these decisions aren’t made with the benefit of the fans in mind, though.  There have been instances where Dundee United and Aberdeen have played in their home kits and been virtually indistinguishable from each other.

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I guess these decisions aren’t made with the benefit of the fans in mind, though.  

This, I think. Its not an issue close up...

_114493988_19970853.jpg.242d2b2db609bfa428929f126f511291.jpg

... but further away on a laptop screen with the game going at full pelt...

2100095283_EiSIMQ_WoAI0A6v(1).thumb.jpeg.0803181e0bdd83f42e2e16180e8afb19.jpeg

Was dodgy to keep up with early on, especially when it was in the shade.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

This, I think. Its not an issue close up...

_114493988_19970853.jpg.242d2b2db609bfa428929f126f511291.jpg

... but further away on a laptop screen with the game going at full pelt...

2100095283_EiSIMQ_WoAI0A6v(1).thumb.jpeg.0803181e0bdd83f42e2e16180e8afb19.jpeg

Was dodgy to keep up with early on, especially when it was in the shade.

Right.  Nobody could possibly say that County in their away kit (perhaps with their home shorts?) would have been harder to follow.  You’d have thought in these times that the television viewer would have been foremost in consideration, but evidently not.  

Incidentally, I presume that all kits must be presented to the SPFL kits steering committee before being launched?  If so, presumably everyone involved was okay with what you’ve pictured.   

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Incidentally, I presume that all kits must be presented to the SPFL kits steering committee before being launched?  

Believe all clubs have to send them photos of 3 kits via email, either an actual photo of the kit or a graphical version, at some point late in the previous season.

Might be wrong though.