Games you have an irrational dislike of

djchapsticks

19 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Why do you not like them?

For me it's the first person aspect. The story always intrigued me and when the remastered collection was on PSPlus I downloaded them...tried to persevere with it but the first person aspect of things just ain't for me. Make them 3rd person and I'd probably be all over them...same with CoD tbh. The only times i've enjoyed a 1st person game is at an arcade or on VR where you have either the physical controls

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

For me it's the first person aspect. The story always intrigued me and when the remastered collection was on PSPlus I downloaded them...tried to persevere with it but the first person aspect of things just ain't for me. Make them 3rd person and I'd probably be all over them...same with CoD tbh. The only times i've enjoyed a 1st person game is at an arcade or on VR where you have either the physical controls

tbf if you played the original BioShock in 3PS it would spoil the twist

Just now, Mr X said:

Honestly, not really sure. Just found them dull and never got into them. Ive only played a couple, probably the first one and the one where you start off in water

I played the demo for the original on PS3 before I played the game. That sucked me in and I didn't care what shortcomings the game itself had. 

Also "where you start off in water" is a strange way of writing "you're in a plane that crashes in the Pacific Ocean." Although I suppose they all technically start off in water. 

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I played the demo for the original on PS3 before I played the game. That sucked me in and I didn't care what shortcomings the game itself had. 

Also "where you start off in water" is a strange way of writing "you're in a plane that crashes in the Pacific Ocean." Although I suppose they all technically start off in water. 

Thats how memorable it was for me, I'd forgotten the plane crash part. Surely the others start under water?

Infinite has a really cool and coherent science fiction narrative, a cool world and the twins are maybe my favourite side characters for a long time but it's let down by the game dissolving into a functional shooting gallery and terrible centrism on Daisy Fitzroy. 

The thing is with that and RDR is I'd probably still view them favourably if I hadn't replayed them recently which is why I deleted GTA IV off my hard drive cause I enjoyed that a lot at the time and I'm worried it won't hold up.

Edited by NotThePars

9 hours ago, NotThePars said:

OP has fucked it

Indeed I have. This was meant as a very different question to the one I ended up asking and I put it terribly in the first place. 

I was looking for game that people played that they actually found decent but there was something irredeemable that meant they couldn't play it any more or wouldn't play it again. 

Now it's just ended up as folk moaning about popular games because they don't like them. 

Ah well, f**k it. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Indeed I have. This was meant as a very different question to the one I ended up asking and I put it terribly in the first place. 
I was looking for game that people played that they actually found decent but there was something irredeemable that meant they couldn't play it any more or wouldn't play it again. 
Now it's just ended up as folk moaning about popular games because they don't like them. 
Ah well, f**k it. 

At least you've outed some wrong 'uns

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Ah well, f**k it. 

Whenever I watch a game of football I notice how much players lift the ball off the ground around their opponent's box when they're trying to find a way inside and then I switch on FIFA and get unnecessarily mad that you pretty much can't do this on FIFA. That's a decent game that I have a petty dislike of.