Games you have an irrational dislike of

djchapsticks

Agreed on Read Dead 2. It's definitely my least favourite Rockstar game since the 3D era. Beautiful to look at but it's so awfully, dreadfully slow. I played through to St. Ettienne and I had enough. 
Shame as I looked so forward to it. 
It's definitely no Bully. 
St. Ettienne? You sure you weren't playing a dodgy French version of the game? [emoji14]

That is the complaint by a lot of the people who didn't like the game; that it isn't a Wild West shoot 'em up. But that isn't the point of the game at all. It's a period when the 'Wild West' was ending and we're seeing a new world being built; quite literally. It's all about the immersion in the game and if folk didn't 'get that' then they were never going to enjoy the game tbf.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

St. Ettienne? You sure you weren't playing a dodgy French version of the game? emoji14.png

That is the complaint by a lot of the people who didn't like the game; that it isn't a Wild West shoot 'em up. But that isn't the point of the game at all. It's a period when the 'Wild West' was ending and we're seeing a new world being built; quite literally. It's all about the immersion in the game and if folk didn't 'get that' then they were never going to enjoy the game tbf.

Haha. St. Denis. I knew it was a French name. That's how memorable the game is to me. 

Point IS though, the first game felt a lot more 'Western' and that was set after events RDR2. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Transylvanian Tower. One of the first games I played, and had me rooting for it to be good, as a youngster who loved the idea of horror stuff.

So you traipse around a maze, then get killed by a bat because you can't hit it, every time. Marvellous. Early video game makers were c***s. Count Kreepy can suck a dick.

transylvanian-tower_5.png

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Transylvanian Tower. One of the first games I played, and had me rooting for it to be good, as a youngster who loved the idea of horror stuff.

So you traipse around a maze, then get killed by a bat because you can't hit it, every time. Marvellous. Early video game makers were c***s. Count Kreepy can suck a dick.

transylvanian-tower_5.png

Lol

Anything Dark Souls related.  Might be heresy to some, but I have just never managed to get into any of them.  At all.  
Same here. I have Bloodborne, I want to like it but I am ultimately just shite at the games. Same with Sekiro. Demon Souls on PS5 looks enticing.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

^^^ Coupla of fuckin noobs

I know, I know.  git gud and all that.

I don't think it was down to the difficulty when I played them - although that was probably part of it - it was the entire thing.  I didn't find any of them particularly interesting world-wise.  Maybe they're filled with lore and I was just too much of a basic bitch to notice, but it just seemed like you were plonked into the world and told to plough your way through a game that was difficult almost for the sake of it.

I know, I know.  git gud and all that.
I don't think it was down to the difficulty when I played them - although that was probably part of it - it was the entire thing.  I didn't find any of them particularly interesting world-wise.  Maybe they're filled with lore and I was just too much of a basic bitch to notice, but it just seemed like you were plonked into the world and told to plough your way through a game that was difficult almost for the sake of it.

A lot of the lore comes from reading bits and bobs throughout the world and putting thing together that various characters mention in passing. I can understand why the lack of story driven action could put some people off tbh.

If anyone is wanting to give any of the SoulsBourne games I would recommend playing along with a walkthrough by FightinCowboy in YouTube. The walkthrough is in depth will take you through all bosses, even optional ones and will also explain lore throughout.

I just haven’t put aside the time and effort to get through a Soulsborne game. I was gonna use the Star Wars one to act as an intro but haven’t found the opening world to be very interesting.

Bloodborne looks like the one I’d be most into though I love the Lovecraftian mythos.

I'd like to get into a Souls game and really, really invest the time in getting good at one but I've just not got the time or patience for it anymore.

I first started noticing my lack of patience with 'getting good' around the time of Ninja Gaiden Black...I couldn't even get through the first level and at that point, decided I didn't want to plough hours into the game so I could get to that point.

Edited by djchapsticks

I've always found the perennial Nintendo roster of games quite off-putting. Mario, Zelda, etc. They've always seemed bland and for very young children.

Last time I tried was when the wean was a tot and I got him a Wii, as he'd heard from his friends that Mario et al were good. Was slightly disappointed that he was bored shitless by them too. Think I may have spoiled him early on with co-op Serious Sam.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I cant play any MGS games anymore on the off chance you have to play as fucking Raiden at any point.

Sacrilege I know, but I just don't have the inclination to replay MGS games at all. I still have all my old consoles set up and replay old favourites fairly often, but can never be arsed putting any of them on despite obviously being excellent games. It's not Raiden for me, I have no idea why I just can't be fucked with it.

Moving away from the intended point of the thread to the topic it ended up being with popular games you didn't like, Gears of War was shite. The epitome of generic shooters which were everywhere at the time and I could never understand the hype.

I have no issue with huge worlds in games generally, but I've never managed to complete the main story of a Fallout game. Always get bored and chuck it, and it's not even a Bethesda issue as I had no issue racking up hundreds of hours in Oblivion or Skyrim.