Kilbride thistle

Polnessan72

9 hours ago, truthtellee said:

Heard gilgannon left after a few weeks and went back to thistle. no disrespect to Kilbride but they won’t be any where near the top 3

Left with a fridge full of messages courtesy of the Kilbride manager I’m hearing. 

Play dailly the mora down there. Hard game yo start, our training numbers have been inconsistent(at best), still missing a couple and well prob be a good bit behind fitness wise. Really tough test but will just be good to get some mins in the legs n get back to kicking a ball 

10 hours ago, heeders said:

Play dailly the mora down there. Hard game yo start, our training numbers have been inconsistent(at best), still missing a couple and well prob be a good bit behind fitness wise. Really tough test but will just be good to get some mins in the legs n get back to kicking a ball 

Who you ply ur trade with mate?

Not wide open a all imo. Shortlees win it at a canter Glenburn likely best of the rest but will battle it out with some decent teams and I think KilbrideThistle will be one of them

Aye dailly or Stewarton are a great shout. Hurlford folding, shortlees and glenburn can’t get 5 folk at training. They must be struggling. Wide open

• 4 months later...
On 27/01/2021 at 14:32, Jimmy From the Block said:

Rumours are that Kilbride Thistle from Ayrshire Amateur Prem are looking to make the jump to the WoS league next season. 
Seen on social media they’re planning for their own ground etc too, be interesting to see how that develops

Those that are familiar with the 

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/266794-new-clubs-in-the-west-of-scotland/

thread will have learnt about the possibility of Kilbride Thistle joining the WOSFL next season (hopefully the 2021/22 season!). This in my view would be a great move and I certainly wish the club all the best on a very positive and progressive venture for the future which also includes joining the Lowland U20 Development League.

328870370_StMathewsAcademy.thumb.PNG.45605fc6c6c9636a92424587d31116e9.PNG

St Mathews Academy - Saltcoats

I understand that there are another 5 applicants hoping to join the WOSFL in addition to KTFC. Any news on these clubs? Also any news about other clubs that may be thinking of moving to the Senior ranks in the near future. This of course does not mean leaving the Amateur ranks altogether as clubs can still enter Amateur sides as appropriate.

Looking forward to football getting back to normal across the spectrum at all levels.

There is a great article in the Scottish Amateur Football News:

Kilbride Set Out Vision For A Home Of Their Own
25 Jan 2021
Scottish Amateur Football News    

Kilbride Thistle AFC are determined the on-going pandemic won’t derail ambitious plans to have a home of their own where current and future generations of footballing talent can be properly coached and developed, writes Tom Scott.

Land at St Matthews Playing Fields, Saltcoats – adjacent to the local Secondary School – has been identified as the perfect location for a Club who are now 10 years old in Amateur Football, but actually date back to Under-6 level using the name of Kilbride Boys.

Revealing the plans exclusively to Scottish Amateur Football News Manager Sean Kenney said: “I have enclosed an overhead picture of the pitch we are applying for. You can just see some of the others (pitches) around the edges.”

“Unfortunately, I don’t have any photographs of all the pitches.”

With no training and games allowed at the moment, Sean has been in discussions with the local Council.

He said “We spoke with K.A. Leisure at the start of December. Many Council employees are currently in furlough due to Covid-19, and decision-making matters are clearly not possible.”

“It’s a good facility. The park is inside a Cage – surrounded by other pitches – and has a large running track, which is used by North Ayrshire Athletics Club.”

“Our first thought was what can we do to improve the facility? We would look to go in and put the park to good use.”

“The Council are operating with a skeleton staff, so it’s hard to get an answer.”

“We used to play at the venue coming through the Ayrshire divisions. The Secondary School is roughly 100 yards away from the pitches and initially could be used as dressing rooms. As part of our plans, we would build a structure inside the Cage to house ourselves and visiting clubs, dug-outs, and space for potential youth teams under our banner.”

“It would be a great Hub for us.”

“I grew up watching Clark Drive AFC (sadly no longer with us) and always wanted to play for them because of their facilities and park. I never did get the opportunity.”

“However, I want that type of set-up for Kilbride Thistle AFC. Everyone is willing to put the work in at St Matthews Playing Fields.”

Thanks again to Mr Sean Kenney for kindly providing the photograph.

Source: https://scottishamateurfootballnews.com/2021/01/25/kilbride-set-out-vision-for-a-home-of-their-own/

NB: Do have a look at the article and the superb aerial photo of the ground.