St Mirren vs Celtic, 16/09/2020

17 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Before the game the buddies where happy to take the defeat and move on,after the game damn could've got a point there.
This is why St Mirren won't make the top six,the defensive mindset is good enough to stay in the league but the lack of taking a chance to get all 3 points or 1 point isn't there.
I'm glad we missed the penalty gives that wee bit of hope that was never there. 

To be fair, there's an element of forum posturing in both those posts of mine you've quoted there.

I wasn't really 'happy' to take the defeat, but I was keen to make some cash from what looked like a sure thing (Narrator's voice: it wasn't). The second post was more about needling Romeo than anything else, tbh, because he's clearly feeling the strain and I thought it was funny.

My overall position is more that I want to finally be in a position where we're not completely shitting the bed in these fixtures, before a ball's been kicked. We went through a phase under Gus McP and occasionally under Danny Lennon when we at least looked like we believed we had a chance of taking something. I'd broadly be happy with that, because that attitude tends to leak into other games. 

Here's a scary stat (for us): that Erwin goal last night doubled the number of goals we've vs Rangers and Celtic combined since we got promoted in 2018. We've got to get better in that regard, and I see a game where, yes, we rode our luck, but in which we took the lead, and should have had a penalty, and only lost by the odd goal in three, as improvement.

19 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Having now seen both, rangers look a much better team than celtic. Celtic looked lethargic last night. No energy or penetration. A season to far for them and a manager with no real clue how to change things.

Their team is so stale. And what is it with Lennon signing 4 strikers every season and never playing any of them?

1 hour ago, Ric said:

...where in that thread did I say I "would never go back to see his team again"?

This should be fun..

Now the uncharitable amongst us may suggest that @wastecoatwilly has disappeared from this thread, like snow of a dyke, because they were unable to back up their previous claim.

Me? No, I'm sure they are just busy with other stuff.

9 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Here's a scary stat (for us): that Erwin goal last night doubled the number of goals we've vs Rangers and Celtic combined since we got promoted in 2018. We've got to get better in that regard, and I see a game where, yes, we rode our luck, but in which we took the lead, and should have had a penalty, and only lost by the odd goal in three, as improvement.

Celtic are a free hit whether teams have a go (ross county 0-5) or park a bus (St Mirren 1-2) the result never tells the real story.
From a Celtic point of view we can drop players and still win the game,we don't have a best 11 but fans look at the performance and judge.
Looking at St Mirren I see 9 points maybe 12 points but not the St Mirren from last season beating Aberdeen or sevco needing a free kick to win the game.
It's still early in the season, I would expect both teams to improve it's been a better week for Celtic than it has been for St Mirren.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Now the uncharitable amongst us may suggest that @wastecoatwilly has disappeared from this thread, like snow of a dyke, because they were unable to back up their previous claim.

Me? No, I'm sure they are just busy with other stuff.

If you think I'm going through a thread to find your quote that you made hundreds in, you can sing dixieland.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If you think I'm going through a thread to find your quote that you made hundreds in, you can sing dixieland.

:lol:

A simple, "yeah, I was wrong, I got you mixed up with someone else" would have sufficed.

10 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You were a quite funny poster until that quote plus I hate that film on your avatar so there is no way it was someone else.

A touch of flattery is always nice, you are still talking utter mince. I have, in the past, said that I would stop supporting the team if they followed the actions that Hearts did (bear in mind this was when successful businesswoman Anne Budge was balls deep in her legal action and threatening other clubs). Maybe that's where your confusion comes from.

I'm sure you understand the difference between that and you suggesting I would never go back because you might have scored your penalty last night.

We got away with that shite performance tbh . If we played a team with a slight bit more quality and belief we would have dropped points so happy to get away with it.
I'd agree with that. Said much of the same to my Celtic supporting work mates. We gifted you 2 goals, same can be said for our goal too.

I need to eat a bit of humble pie after slating Zlamal in this thread last night. Aside from not coming off his line and taking the cross for the first goal, he was excellent last night. The difference was him having a few days training with the squad. Fair play to the lad he proved me wrong.

14 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I need to eat a bit of humble pie after slating Zlamal in this thread last night. Aside from not coming off his line and taking the cross for the first goal, he was excellent last night. The difference was him having a few days training with the squad. Fair play to the lad he proved me wrong.

Good on you. 

11 hours ago, Ric said:

Is that you describing the performance of a team assembled using enough money to buy St Mirren as a club 10 or 15 times over?

I understand your frustration.

Celtic being too strong for Saints is much like PSG being too strong for Celtic.............yet when either of the cheeks beats someone in our league it’s seen as some sort of accomplishment 🙈