St Mirren vs Celtic, 16/09/2020

15 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

The Celtic fans are way more rattled than I was expecting, tbh. 

There does seem to be a strong feeling of anxiety emanating from Celtic fans, as they compare and contrast their team's performances so far this season with Sevco's.

I really don't think they are going to enjoy this season at all.

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I understand the ref missed a clear handball in the box, too. So we probably deserved the draw.

Handball's don't apply to St Mirren, unless it's us doing them of course. I'm sure it will return to the rule book in those circumstances.

I wouldn’t say St Mirren gave us a game, as such.

They did however have enough about them to take advantage of a poorly organised defence.

Celtic were rotten last night, it’s happens a few times this season. The left winger for St. Mirren made it look like our defence were being rewound.

If the  ball had went through him a bit more St Mirren very well could have nabbed something outside of the plucky performance wooden spoon.

A couple of Celtic fans I’ve spoke to recently are shitting themselves about Rangers actually looking decent.
Up until a spectacular bottle job last season Rangers were more than a match for Celtic. Folk seem to forget that. I cant say whether that bottle job happens again. I'd be stunned if Slippy hasnt learned at least something from it, and the motivation is obviously there for them as a club.

A crashing of bottle is a bit of an intangible really. You cant rely on it happening again and on that basis, Celtic are in a fight whether their fans want to admit it or not.

We’re anxious and rattled, shouldn’t have had a freekick, should’ve conceded a penalty, have more money, have biased commentators. Gotta love a match thread. Shame the fans weren’t allowed in for the songbook comments and a full house of Diddy pish.

18 minutes ago, stressball said:

I wouldn’t say St Mirren gave us a game, as such.

They did however have enough about them to take advantage of a poorly organised defence.

Celtic were rotten last night, it’s happens a few times this season. The left winger for St. Mirren made it look like our defence were being rewound.

If the  ball had went through him a bit more St Mirren very well could have nabbed something outside of the plucky performance wooden spoon.

Been a while since we had a player with pace.

Pity we couldn't get him on the ball to run at that right back, because he looked rotten.

Disappointing to lose goals from 2 crosses, thankfully Celtic only managed 3 corners.

We’re anxious and rattled, shouldn’t have had a freekick, should’ve conceded a penalty, have more money, have biased commentators. Gotta love a match thread. Shame the fans weren’t allowed in for the songbook comments and a full house of Diddy pish.
Apparently Barkas is at hospital having his hands treated after last night's game, could be out for weeks Screenshot_20200917-101102_Chrome.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Lets also not forget the absolute bed wetting after this

18 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Just about managed to get evens on Celtic to win by 2 or more, Saints not to score. Traitor's bet, perhaps, but times are tough.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I understand the ref missed a clear handball in the box, too. So we probably deserved the draw.

Before the game the buddies where happy to take the defeat and move on,after the game damn could've got a point there.
This is why St Mirren won't make the top six,the defensive mindset is good enough to stay in the league but the lack of taking a chance to get all 3 points or 1 point isn't there.
I'm glad we missed the penalty gives that wee bit of hope that was never there. 

45 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Lets also not forget the absolute bed wetting after this

Not sure what the point of that post is. Are you defending the actions of your fans there?

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'm glad we missed the penalty gives that wee bit of hope that was never there. 

You were doing so well up until then.

Edited by Ric