St Mirren vs Celtic, 16/09/2020

6 hours ago, Torfason said:
8 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
Big Shane the Brighton reserve outscoring strikers up here emoji2357.png 

He's a feckin unit though, watching him shake hands with our players was like a manager congratulating a boy's club.

See if his goal was because he out muscled or jumped higher than our defender, then fair enough. But no one even tracked his run. 

9 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Indeed and as the Sportsound crew mentioned it's so impressive how their multi million pound players are coping with having to play without the backing of the best fans in the world™

Grinding out results through such adversity is admirable.

I wasnt listening - they didnt actually come out with that shite, did they?

Sportsound seems to out embarrass its previous hilarity every week....................

9 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Nae chance. Celtic are not very good but will still win the league mate.

Rangers look a far more vibrant team - Celtic have enough to grind out results most weeks, but when that wee spark is needed, say in a big derby match, I think that (at the moment) Rangers look like they have more about them.

I think we were ok. We were better in the first half than the second for me, despite losing both goals then. I can understand what Jim is doing on these games where we keep it tight and try and stay in the game as long as possible, but I thought last night we should have gone for it a wee bit earlier than we did.

The two goals were disappointing. The second one especially for me as it was obviously a great cross, run and header, but that's what good players do when you put them under no pressure. There wasn't anyone within five yards of any of the Celtic players involved, and that's not really good enough.

44 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Rangers look a far more vibrant team - Celtic have enough to grind out results most weeks, but when that wee spark is needed, say in a big derby match, I think that (at the moment) Rangers look like they have more about them.

I'm with you here; I've been saying Rangers for the title since our game against them. Rangers have a pace and a fizz about them that Celtic don't seem to. Even if Celtic's winning habit gets them over the line, we're going to see the closest title race for a lot of years. 

Also, I think you'd need to be a stick-on title contender to beat us 3-0 😉

30 minutes ago, GAD said:

The two goals were disappointing. The second one especially for me as it was obviously a great cross, run and header, but that's what good players do when you put them under no pressure. There wasn't anyone within five yards of any of the Celtic players involved, and that's not really good enough.

I think we're left a bit short because that's the job Sheron was brought in to do, and he doesn't seem to be up to it. You can make allowances in your team for a complete spoiler, and forgive him if his passing is a bit awry, but not if he's not doing the protective DM work properly.

So he's been dropped because he's shite, but it means someone else is going to have to not play their natural game to cover that role.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think we're left a bit short because that's the job Sheron was brought in to do, and he doesn't seem to be up to it. You can make allowances in your team for a complete spoiler, and forgive him if his passing is a bit awry, but not if he's not doing the protective DM work properly.

So he's been dropped because he's shite, but it means someone else is going to have to not play their natural game to cover that role.

Maybe, but at the point Christie crossed for the second goal we had ten men behind the ball, and nodody went out to him. I don't think it needs to be a midfeild spoiler that does that job, any normal central mid should be up to it in that position.

We enjoyed lots of meaningless possession against Hibs at the weekend too. 

You do know that wee broony trying to control a pass on the halfway line still counts as possession?

People seem to be struggling to explain how St Maureen managed to "give us a fucking game". 

I don't think averaging 1 shot on target every 45 minutes is giving anyone a "fucking game".

I think people are looking at the final score of 2-1 but that has more with our poor finishing and St Mirren defending than it being in any way close to an even match.

Duffy looks a decent player, but by God the media and the Celtic fans seem to be using his shit for toothpaste. Properly marked he wouldn't have got that goal. He's not unplayable.

The biggest issue I have from last night is the poor defending on the crosses, not that Celtic had many, in fact by their standards they were pretty poor. Enough to get the 3 points from us, mind, but still poor.