St Mirren vs Celtic, 16/09/2020

17 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Hopefully 3-5-2 again.

Start peppering the Zlamal with shots early doors too.

Is the St.Mirren tv stuff any good? Decent enough view? Da type commentary?

Compared to watching OF TV the commentary is balanced. Frank MacAvennie and Danny Lennon are providing some analysis.

35 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Hopefully 3-5-2 again.

Start peppering the Zlamal with shots early doors too.

Is the St.Mirren tv stuff any good? Decent enough view? Da type commentary?

It's been genuinely decent. I've had disagreements on here before with people because I hate overly partisan commentary, even from my own team. You know the sort: the screamy/shouty, lose control of vocal capacity if we nearly score sort of thing. However, this season it's been done very well* and I'd like to think opposition fans could watch/listen without wanting to stick knitting needles in their ears. It's still one-sided, as you'd expect, but they've massively reduced the cringe factor.

* Possibly because instances of us nearly scoring are few and far between.

12 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Obika is our best and probably only option of getting a goal currently. He must start for me. If we're getting a pumping after 60 odd minutes,  then take him off and save him for Saturday. 

Praying defenders and midfielders dont pump balls up to the opposition its happend far too often this season. I have a Celtic mate coming round for dinner a few beers and the game. Wished I had not arranged this now I'm not up for it as I have no confidence for this game. 

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

What have Celtic spent on transfer fees this year 10/15/20 million. Avarage Celtic salary is over £800,000.  St Mirren no transfer fees paid.  Avarage St Mirren salary 48,000.  How can you expect a competitive game seriously. 

Look at our record against Celtic over the last few years and you’ll see why you should expect a competitive game.

19 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's been genuinely decent. I've had disagreements on here before with people because I hate overly partisan commentary, even from my own team. You know the sort: the screamy/shouty, lose control of vocal capacity if we nearly score sort of thing. However, this season it's been done very well* and I'd like to think opposition fans could watch/listen without wanting to stick knitting needles in their ears. It's still one-sided, as you'd expect, but they've massively reduced the cringe factor.

£12 quid is a decent price don't mind giving St Mirren a bit of hard earned dosh.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yes, would agree with that, it's noticeably improved this season. Even the presenter before the game seems to know what she's doing. (Can't remember her name, but there's certainly worse on sky)

Am I the only one not overly impressed with McPherson this season ? For me he's looked a yard off the pace whenever he's been on.  I'm a fan of his, but the clamour for him to be playing is purely down to Sheron being shite. For me McPherson has been slightly less shite, which is worrying if it's between those 2 for a CM position at the moment.

Edited by monthelie'

37 minutes ago, monthelie' said:

Yes, would agree with that, it's noticeably improved this season. Even the presenter before the game seems to know what she's doing. (Can't remember her name, but there's certainly worse on sky)

Am I the only one not overly impressed with McPherson this season ? For me he's looked a yard off the pace whenever he's been on.  I'm a fan of his, but the clamour for him to be playing is purely down to Sheron being shite. For me McPherson has been slightly less shite, which is worrying if it's between those 2 for a CM position at the moment.

Cammy being slightly better than Sheron is good enough for me. Sheron is nowhere near good enough for this level.

10 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Just about managed to get evens on Celtic to win by 2 or more, Saints not to score. Traitor's bet, perhaps, but times are tough.

After the 4/5 on Hibs on Sat, if we lose by 2 tonight, I will have made my season ticket money back. Been stung a couple of times on the handicaps with Celtic though!

My son says I'm a disgrace.

St Mirren TV one off pass purchased for £12, don't mind doing this to help clubs out in general during the pandemic but a fucking disgrace this game isn't on SKY, is it just me who thinks they only went for the exclusive Scottish football rights to stop BT having any of our game to hit them but, not really giving a f**k about actually showing our matches and any decent coverage. 

I genuinely thought that they might have gone for the likes of Sutton, Stewart and even Darrel Currie who were excellent on BT, try and actually put some effort into the coverage of our game and improve on their general woeful standards, instead we are stuck with fucking imbeciles like Boyd, Commons and Andy Walker.

All of which just makes me pine for the days of being actually able to go to the games, before lockdown I'd worked out I'd missed 3 Celtic games played in Scotland in four seasons, not to mention two or three European away games a season and a handful of Stirling Albion matches per year, looking like I won't get to another match this calendar year, absolutely fucking w**k so it is.

3-0 Celtic but I'm too crabbit to bother predicting goalscorers. 

Edited by Flybhoy

I don't think Sky are actually allowed to broadcast this tonight even if they wanted to. However, even with that said, why is it an "absolute disgrace" that every single Celtic away game isn't televised? The TV deal is only for 48 games a season, so the vast majority of games aren't on there.