Cobra Kai Appreciation Thread

Booker-T

On 22/12/2020 at 17:24, Busta Nut said:

I fucking love this. 

Johnny being a good c**t is great news.

January is a great shout from Netflix too.

They doing one a week or binge worthy all at once?

Johnny has on the whole been the honourable character throughout, always trying to do the right thing by his students perhaps in a drive for redemption. Daniel however is consumed by the bitterness of his youth and has been vindictive from the out-set - despite his claims to be following Mr Miyagi's teachings. 

Enjoyed it - thought it picked up well after slow first couple of episodes. Did expect Austin Powers to turn up a few times and say “isn’t it remarkable how Vietnam/Japan looks so unlike Southern California”. Thought they could have given it a more standalone feel too rather than building so much towards another season.

Just watched S3 Ep1 can see a heavy binge day coming on.

ETA: As expected binge watched the whole lot, still really enjoyable if not still a bit cheesy.

*Spoiler*
Can't wait to see the presumed return of Terry Silver in season 4.

Thought they could have given it a more standalone feel too rather than building so much towards another season.

This. It feels like half a series to me, maybe it's just because the episodes are quite short so 10 episodes feels shorter than you'd expect.

I did enjoy it and it built well but don't feel it's evolved much.

Spoiler

Ali and Kamiko, Daniel sure did f**k it up with excellent women

S3 done. Outstanding stuff. As has been the same since the series began, the relationship between Johnny and Miguel is excellently done. I also thought the Kreese flashback scenes were brilliant.

Also loving Dimitri turning into a top shagger. 

Really enjoyed it, as i said to the wife at the end it is extermely chessy but bloody good chesse!!

loving them bring back all the old stars, i was just getting over seeing the woman from the second film appearing and wondering ' please say they bad guy is still alive' and he appears.

i would have loved if they teased Ali coming back but held off until season 4 as getting all 3 back so quickly lessens the impact.

Loved the whole commitie meeitng for the all valley appeal. All very well done.

Roll on season 4