Cobra Kai Appreciation Thread

Booker-T

• 1 month later...

Finally finished this last weekend. I actually thought it was a bit meh up until that last episode but after that you can bet I’ll be back for the next season.

Terry Silver was always the ultimate bad guy, glad he managed to show it here.

The best parts of the show are still when they lean into comedy with Johnny, he’s just a naturally funny guy/character. The training montage and build the to re-match with Daniel was v funny.

Can’t decide if I now like Sam or if I still think she is the root of all problems encountered in the show.

The Miguel and Johnny going to Mexico thing is a risky change but there’s only so many times Johnny and/or Daniel can fight the forces of evil, the fact Daniel is just saying screw it I’ll still take down Cobra Kai is scrapping the barrel on it.

Read they have finished filming season 5 already, if they are planning on finishing on 6 they’ll need to get that in the bag soon before the kids can’t pass as high school students 🙄🙄

ETA - The Carrie Underwood but was the drizzling shits none of that again please.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

Also finished season 4 tonight, struggled with it but agree the ending was decent.

They're going to have to acknowledge that the main characters can't stay on at school or be eligible for the under 18s tournament forever (never mind half the actors heading towards 30) but if they switch it to the son as the hero that's probably time to put the tin lid on it. 

Another issue is that other than Johnny and Miguel's grandma none of the characters are likable, I end up wanting them all to lose. 

Was thinking there was going to be a reveal / link with Tori's mum but that might still be coming. 

I will still watch season 5 but while I devoured the first 3 seasons this was definitely a bit tougher. 

Ralph macchio being older than the actor who plays Terry Silver is a good stat though. 

Edited by Fuctifano

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I LOVE this show.
That closing scene of episode nine will never be bettered.
Rising up, back on the street...
That song was apparently written for the original karate kid, which is why they did that scene. Nice throwback. Iv loved cobra kai but it's probably best to stop at this season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just finished season 5, I enjoyed it but I hope that's the end of it bar maybe an hour-long special or something. Was surprised Tori's mum never turned out to be someone from the original films, thought that was going to be a big reveal.

I said previously that none of them were likable outside Johnny but I think they tried to soften a couple of them this time (Robbie in particular), Tori's perma-gurn was still annoying though.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally watched season 5 another good season. The intensity certainly went up a good few notches this time.

Johnny still the best character by a mile when they lean in to the comedy with him it’s tremendous, at the same time you are rooting for him in his building of relationships with Miguel and Robbie.

Chozen was a good addition and I genuinely thought they had killed his character off until the end.

Daniel was a knob most of the season but it was still a ‘Yaaas’ moment when he battered Silver.

Agree with most of the above that the ending seems like a natural conclusion. However, I’m sure they originally pitched a 6 season story arc when it was on YouTube but hard to see where they go from here. The Asian woman leading the remaining Cobra Kai in to this championship thing would be underwhelming while any story involving Johnny & Daniel going after Kreese (who would have a man hunt after him) would be ridiculously stupid.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge