Hibernian v The Rangers

10 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I’m not saying he is a bad player mate, I’m just saying his ability seems to have been overhyped since signing for Hibs. He comes across as some kind of cult hero for them, and it’s like he gets praised when in reality he hasn’t stood out in any of the Hibs games I’ve seen. I don’t think any player from either side yesterday had an outstanding performance. 

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m not saying he is a bad player mate, I’m just saying his ability seems to have been overhyped since signing for Hibs. He comes across as some kind of cult hero for them, and it’s like he gets praised when in reality he hasn’t stood out in any of the Hibs games I’ve seen. I don’t think any player from either side yesterday had an outstanding performance. 

Have to disagree, he had the season of his life last year with Hamilton, REALLY developed as a player. Hibs got an absolute steal. 
He does all the work that tends to go underappreciated due to  his position, he won't always be making miraculous tackles or picking out a pass like Pirlo, however he has great stamina, reads the game well and his skill level has finally caught up to his  dedication. 

7 minutes ago, JudgeFlash said:

Have to disagree, he had the season of his life last year with Hamilton, REALLY developed as a player. Hibs got an absolute steal. 
He does all the work that tends to go underappreciated due to  his position, he won't always be making miraculous tackles or picking out a pass like Pirlo, however he has great stamina, reads the game well and his skill level has finally caught up to his  dedication. 

I think people are mistaking what I’m saying and assuming I’m saying he is a bad player, I’m not. I simply said he doesn’t appear to have performed to the level that Hibs fans are elevating him to.

Even yesterday for example, he completely switches off at our second goal and allows Hagi in, effectively making it 2 Rangers forwards vs 1 centre back that was isolated.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think people are mistaking what I’m saying and assuming I’m saying he is a bad player, I’m not. I simply said he doesn’t appear to have performed to the level that Hibs fans are elevating him to.

Even yesterday for example, he completely switches off at our second goal and allows Hagi in, effectively making it 2 Rangers forwards vs 1 centre back that was isolated.

I've rewatched the replay, he doesn't switch off, he simply does not have the great ability of eyes at the back of his head, he's pushed out to start closing down the passing lanes, hes level with the other midfielder on the right, with 5 hibs players behind his line, with 4 rangers players behind him. He's not a centre back.  Number 4 for Hibs actually sees the Hagi run, but takes about 2-3 seconds to react. 

1 minute ago, JudgeFlash said:

I've rewatched the replay, he doesn't switch off, he simply does not have the great ability of eyes at the back of his head, he's pushed out to start closing down the passing lanes, hes level with the other midfielder on the right, with 5 hibs players behind his line, with 4 rangers players behind him. He's not a centre back.  Number 4 for Hibs actually sees the Hagi run, but takes about 2-3 seconds to react. 

Nah, I don’t agree. He has allowed Hagi to ghost past him.

360FFA15-E139-4320-85EF-B13640BE5EE1.png

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

Nah, I don’t agree. He has allowed Hagi to ghost past him.

360FFA15-E139-4320-85EF-B13640BE5EE1.png

The LB has seen the run, didn't recognise it's danger and left him to cut inside(as you can see by my screenshot he is attracted out wide).   The LB also has a player to his left, who could've easily held his position. 

Gogic is pushing out to try and cut off passing angles, via my screenshot you can see the clear vast of space in the left side which hasn't been filled yet, with no shout from his defenders to let him know about a run behind him he's left hanging (again, no eyes behind his back, you rely on your back line for assistance)

All just my opinion though ;)

This episode of MNF has been fun, myself along with many will recognise the talents of Gogic, I was sad to see him go, as he's developed into a brilliant midfielder. Hibs have done great to sign someone so talented on a free who will be commanding very little in terms of wage.

image.thumb.png.fbde69a21dc5566f95b927a043477527.png

18 minutes ago, JudgeFlash said:

The LB has seen the run, didn't recognise it's danger and left him to cut inside(as you can see by my screenshot he is attracted out wide).   The LB also has a player to his left, who could've easily held his position. 

Gogic is pushing out to try and cut off passing angles, via my screenshot you can see the clear vast of space in the left side which hasn't been filled yet, with no shout from his defenders to let him know about a run behind him he's left hanging (again, no eyes behind his back, you rely on your back line for assistance)

All just my opinion though ;)

This episode of MNF has been fun, myself along with many will recognise the talents of Gogic, I was sad to see him go, as he's developed into a brilliant midfielder. Hibs have done great to sign someone so talented on a free who will be commanding very little in terms of wage.

image.thumb.png.fbde69a21dc5566f95b927a043477527.png

The Hibs Left Centre Back (Hanlon I think) had to pick up Kamara. He couldn't leave him for Doig as that would have then allowed Tavernier free reign down Hibs' left flank.

Hibs back 5 were all occupied: Boyle was picking up Barisic, McGinn had Morelos, Porteous had Arfield, Hanlon had Kamara and Doig had to cover Tavernier had he came forward. That left Hagi spare on Gogic's side of Midfield. I appreciate what you saY about needing help from his defenders, but they were all occupied leaving Gogic to deal with Hagi which he missed.

Anyway, I feel this has went down a bit of a rabbit hole. Like you said, you (and others) have their opinion on Gogic, I have mine. I'll not take up anymore of your time on the matter haha.

Edited by AJF

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

The Hibs Left Centre Back (Hanlon I think) had to pick up Kamara. He couldn't leave him for Doig as that would have then allowed Tavernier free reign down Hibs' left flank.

Hibs back 5 were all occupied: Boyle was picking up Barisic, McGinn had Morelos, Porteous had Arfield, Hanlon had Kamara and Doig had to cover Tavernier had he came forward. That left Hagi spare on Gogic's side of Midfield. I appreciate what you about needing help from his defenders, but they were all occupied leaving Gogic to deal with Hagi which he missed.

Anyway, I feel this has went down a bit of a rabbit hole. Like you said, you (and others) have their opinion on Gogic, I have mine. I'll not take up anymore of your time on the matter haha.

What does Hugh Keevins think?

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Just let me move on from that faux pas 😄

Only messing, I think you are being a bit harsh on Gogic, Hibs problem last season was losing too many goals now they're not from open play.
Gogic is the reason for that I said before the game Gogic would need to take care of Kent he did and Kent ended up dropping too deep to effect the game.
This is why Hagi and Arfield had a decent game but so did Newell.