Terrors v Maureens Saturday 19 September

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Hadn't really thought of Cammy playing out wide. Guess that's an option - but I can't see him getting in before Morias. Obviously, ideally, that will be Magennis or Flynn eventually.

Agree with the rest, though; Shaughnessy's return has brought some proper shape back to the team. My feelings about not having a back-up CH have been made here already.

Magennis or Flynn will be out wide when fit.  Cammy has played attacking right back and wide right in a four midfield on occasion. He defends far better than Morias, doesn't panic like Morias and has a better shot. Generally is a far superior player. Just need Jim to see it :)

Edited by NorthBank

On 17/09/2020 at 12:11, ZingaliMan said:

Started filling in the register for United's TV.  Date Of Birth section you cant just type that in it's a square calendar starting with this month. An arrow to take you back through each month with each year that's nuts I'm an old git from the 50's. I gave up after a few minutes will watch highlights in Sportscene 

You know, you can lie on the Date of Birth. It's not legally binding.

This is a significant game for both clubs.  Not really seen anything of Utd this year, but MM seemed to have them playing well, at the start of the season anyway.  Shankland loves a goal or two against his former clubs, so there's that...

I wasn't alone in expecting Celtic to turn us over thru the week.  The fact that we competed for every ball, played cohesively and took the lead in open play all point to there being hope for us this season and if we play the way we did on Wednesday we should have enough to take the points and continue to dream of mid table mediocrity.  Another shit show like against the Fermers or Hibs might put us into a tailspin...  

0-2 Saints.  Irwin and Tate.  Saints to go marching in.  

3 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Another shit show like against the Fermers...

So here's the thing, Goodwin messed about with the formation down to one of two reasons (perhaps both). Shaughnessy was out and Davidson plays with 3 at the back. While Shaughnessy is back and the back 4 looked a lot better midweek, Mellon could play a 3 at the back.

I'm hoping we play our game, rather than try and change it to match up or somehow get at the opposition.

On 17/09/2020 at 09:49, Coventry Saint said:

I'm hoping for a far more impartial refereeing performance than the last time we met, now that United's place at the top table isn't at stake.

You should’ve seen some of the decisions they’ve gotten in the last 18 months trying to get them back up.

47 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You should’ve seen some of the decisions they’ve gotten in the last 18 months trying to get them back up.

We did first hand in our 2 playoff games against them. The referees couldn't have been any more accommodating towards them.

Thankfully we overcame all, and justice prevailed. 

15 minutes ago, Munoz said:

We did first hand in our 2 playoff games against them. The referees couldn't have been any more accommodating towards them.

Thankfully we overcame all, and justice prevailed. 

Yep, unfortunately the referee couldn’t actually take a penalty for them.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I can only imagine. You've almost certainly got another season of that to look forward to, albeit with Hearts instead. 

3 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I think both of us might be reading too much into ‘respectable’ defeats by Celtic.  They look out of sorts at the moment.

I'd whisper that, mate. Some of them have been very touchy this week. The idea of actually maybe not getting 10IAR is causing some issues.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I heard a rumour and someone will need to confirm this for me, but I was told that Dundee United fans make bad fashion choices, speak with a strange accent and are  a bit stinky.

Isn't that Morton fans your thinking about. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. 

Only from Sportscene highlights United have impressed me going forward so I can see Shankland  being a real threat. The flip of the coin , Saints defence is the strongest I have seen in a very long time. If a neutral asked me what team he should pick for his coupon I would tell him United. If the game was in Paisley I would tell him Saints. I spent quite a lot of time in Dundee as it was my ships base for many years. Dundee is the most improved city in Scotland the people I found to be cool also. Had many a enjoyable night in Broughty Ferry. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Dundee United haven't scored in over a month. Hopefully Mellon stops setting up so negatively and there is a good game for the viewers today. Fans on social media are turning already. Come on Mickey, go again. 

Fun fact, they haven't won at home all season.

27 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

John Beaton's performance at St Mirren Park was ridiculous. 

What's happened in our last two games regarding a goal that should not have stood. 2 Penalty stone wall category not given this from the so called refs in Scotland shows you how piss poor  our refs are. I dont buy they favour one team unless you play the old firm. 4 penalties at ibrox 3 proved not to be penalties.  How that clown still wears the black boggles the mind.