Terrors v Maureens Saturday 19 September

1 minute ago, ZingaliMan said:

Well done United.  Never a nice feeling in defeat which is becoming too regular.  Still back Jim Goodwin even though he has faults in selections for me. Two good goals for United Shankland showing class. F-u-c-k Saints Stubbs you useless grrrrr !  Connolly took his goal really well he is going to be a big player for Saints. 

I'm not sure we can blame Stubbs for losing a player that Jack Ross released, and who was never actually our player anyway.

15 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Being as objective as I can, it was about the right result. I don't think it flattered us, but United certainly deserved the win.

On the plus side though,  we're doing slightly better than Dunfermline. 

41 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm not sure we can blame Stubbs for losing a player that Jack Ross released, and who was never actually our player anyway.

Ok Ross. Shankland was in a bad place he needed help obviously, too much weight but given his history their was never any doubt he was a goal machine . Remember I wrote given his pre St Mirren history.  Anyway so be it. Dont think we are relegation candidates.  What we are not is top six that's crystal clear. 

45 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Ok Ross. Shankland was in a bad place he needed help obviously, too much weight but given his history their was never any doubt he was a goal machine . Remember I wrote given his pre St Mirren history.  Anyway so be it. Dont think we are relegation candidates.  What we are not is top six that's crystal clear. 

Getting Shankland out and Loy in at that point was absolutely the right move. The fact we stayed up is testament to that. Shankland went to Morton and didn't really perform there either. 

It was always clear there was a player there though, dropping down a division and getting a really good season under his belt was the right thing for him to do. I'm glad to see him doing well now, although I'd rather he didn't do well against us. 

I’m sure St Mirren will be fine. We are consistently told there is “not much” between them and the 3rd or 4th best teams in the country.

Incredibly, despite there constantly being “not much” between St Mirren and these sides the last time they finished in the top 4 in Scottish football it was.........well I actually can’t be bothered checking but I’m 34 and I doubt it’s happened in my lifetime*

*post may be deleted after the next game 

38 minutes ago, Ric said:

Yeah, going to say that's not how I saw it at all. I'd expand but it'd just sound like sour grapes.

I think when they looked dangerous, they looked more dangerous than we did when we looked dangerous. They pulled us out of shape in every direction in the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half. Although we did dominate in other periods, I never had that feeling that a goal was inevitable for us. They should arguably have been two up with Clark's chance in the first half too.

I've been thinking more about the way we've been playing, today and previously, and I think there's not enough chemistry among the players. You don't feel like any of them really know what runs any of the others will be making. 

We HAVE to find a settled team. I really can't work out why the line-up was changed from midweek. Obika was brought in and played out of position, McGrath was dropped deeper/wider and didn't do a great deal. 

I genuinely think we've got a decent squad, yet we seem to be less than the sum of our parts. The responsibility for that lands with one man. He's got to get it sorted soon.