Terrors v Maureens Saturday 19 September

Ridiculous how annoyed I was getting listen to that commentary [emoji3]

That’s the most annoyed I’ve been in a long time watching us. Every week I switch on we are set up differently, which is worrying at this stage of the season. Goodwin needs to decide how he wants to set up and play to our strengths. Not sure if he’s trying to be too clever or what, but he needs to go back to basics.

He really seems to struggle getting the balance between being solid at the back and having ability to win games / score goals

11 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Ridiculous how annoyed I was getting listen to that commentary emoji3.png

That’s the most annoyed I’ve been in a long time watching us. Every week I switch on we are set up differently, which is worrying at this stage of the season. Goodwin needs to decide how he wants to set up and play to our strengths. Not sure if he’s trying to be too clever or what, but he needs to go back to basics.

He really seems to struggle getting the balance between being solid at the back and having ability to win games / score goals

I thought we were the better team in the first half; playing some nice stuff; and undone by a great bit of quality from Shankland.

United excellent start for first 20 mins of second half, but even down to 10 men we still had them pinned back for periods.

Frustrating yes, and 4 defeats on the trot is never good, but (aside from the loss of Tait) I think there are reasons to look forward with a bit of positivity. 

Edited by Bobby_F

Not going to lie, that is the most annoyed I've been with us in some time. We were more than capable of taking that game but the experienced players, those who should know much better, who cost us. I genuinely hope Goodwin is in that dressing room tearing the paint off the walls.

It’s been said already but Goodwin has to take some blame for faffing about with the lineup again. I had no idea why McAllister started ahead of Connolly and whatever the formation was didn’t suit Obika or Erwin at all.

Tait’s red card was really stupid and he’s the last player we need suspended right now.

I thought Fraser did a very good job after we went down to ten men and Zlamal had another great game. Connolly did brilliantly to get his goal and showed how badly we need more pace.

Foley’s been really poor the last few games. I hate to say it but I’m worried it could be a Jack Ross type situation where his legs have gone after one excellent season.

Sporle MoTM for me. Great to have him in the side.

Special mention to Siegriest. Matured into a solid dependable keeper. I, and many others, had my doubts about 12 months ago, but surely he's proved us all wrong.

One other thing, what is it with our centre half's? Can be pretty reasonable in a game for long periods, but all seem prone to a catastrophic error in almost every game.

3 points and Shanks is back.  Not a great performance but was enough, 2-1 was probably about right.

Chalmers and Sporle did well and Harkes probably had his best game of the season.

Stupid challenge from Tait but actually seemed like we were a man down for long spells after he was sent off.

7 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Sporle MoTM for me. Great to have him in the side.

Special mention to Siegriest. Matured into a solid dependable keeper. I, and many others, had my doubts about 12 months ago, but surely he's proved us all wrong.

One other thing, what is it with our centre half's? Can be pretty reasonable in a game for long periods, but all seem prone to a catastrophic error in almost every game.

Very frustrating. Up untill that point I thought Reynolds was having a good game too.