Terrors v Maureens Saturday 19 September

We enter a schedule of three league games that could be a clear indicator of how well this season will pan out.

I’m not a big fan of three at the back but I’m not sure Mellon will change things, however we need to tighten up defensively.

I’d happily see Butcher In besides Reynolds in a back four with Powers partnering Harkes.  Clark and Shankland playing together with wide players and occasional overlaps from Robson and a right sided counterpart.  I’d be happy to see Sporle getting a chance in an advanced left sided role.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

As we have other fish to fry before taking 3 points from this mob, I'll just repost this for now...

reOi7x5.jpg&key=8cb58bce9c9563e493205411

One of the guys in that photo is an English Premiership player and Scotland international.  Not sure about the others.

6 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

You're lucky you didn't make that post a few months ago!

Kenny McLean

435786888_20200820_223610(1).png.3e51e8748c6328d0ccb0288ecc67f95e.png

Why would I make a post a few months ago about a game that’s taking place on Saturday?  The fixture list wasn’t available then.

6 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Both of these sides have competed well against Celtic but been hammered by Sevco. Both teams sit on 7 points.

What does it all mean and who knows what the future holds?

With home advantage,  I'd say you'll be slight favourites.  Would probably take the draw right now.

Should be a decent game. 

10 hours ago, Munoz said:

Would probably take the draw right now.

Not at all, we should be looking to take all 3 points.

This is a club where the new manager bounce has bounced and a team who is leaking goals, shipping 8 in the last 3 games having the worst GD in the league.

We have a better squad and easily a better looking manager.

Edited by Ric

5 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I am very surprised Div hasn't thrown a tantrum and edited the thread title already, to be quite honest with you all.

The fact you've had to edit that simple post suggests you are maybe not the literary terrorist you may think you are.. ;)

I'm hoping for a far more impartial refereeing performance than the last time we met, now that United's place at the top table isn't at stake.

Would definitely place United as marginal favourites, but it'll be close and we certainly have nothing to fear. I think we'll go the same line-up as yesterday.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Not at all, we should be looking to take all 3 points.

This is a club where the new manager bounce has bounced and a team who is leaking goals, shipping 8 in the last 3 games having the worst GD in the league.

We have a better squad and easily a better looking manager.

49CB6EB2-7A51-458D-94C5-DB9E9060757C.jpeg

Started filling in the register for United's TV.  Date Of Birth section you cant just type that in it's a square calendar starting with this month. An arrow to take you back through each month with each year that's nuts I'm an old git from the 50's. I gave up after a few minutes will watch highlights in Sportscene 

We've gone 3-5-2 against the other diddies at home so that seems most likely. I might be tempted to go ..

Neilson - Butcher - Reynolds

Bolton - Harkes - Powers - Robson

Glass

Shankland - Appere/Clark

Not that Micky's shown any inclination to play Glass at any point so it's probably a little fanciful.  More likely Edwards in the back three and Butcher sitting behind Harkes and Pawlett. Glass sitting in the stand or at home playing xbox.