Structure for 2021/2022

mcruic

13 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Pretty sure it has been said Pollok meet the Entry level licencing for their pitch. It's only when going up to Bronze I believe they have a problem, and you only need Bronze for the Championship & Premiership. So not an immediate concern. As for floodlights there have been several clubs in the last couple of years that have got them installed that were meant to have problems getting them. That doesn't mean it would be the same for Pollok, but it's not something they've had to pursue seriously until now.

Other than Auchinleck Talbot i'm not entirely sure how many of the WoS Premier clubs that withdrew so themelves as both title contenders  and able to get licenced by Feb 2021. At the time most of them withdrew there were serious concerns over getting a season completed, as well as the financial and health concerns that are in play. For me one of the factors in Talbot sitting out the season was also to avoid promotion. My thinking being they would rather return in 2021-22 playing old rivals rather than debuting as the only Ayrshire side in the Lowland League.

Fair, Agree with everything you said except the part in bold.
If its true that they sat out the season to avoid  promotion then I would want the people on the committee concerned to leave as that  is totally wrong.  Auchinleck for example can continue to stay in the top WOSFL and keep winning it, if they are good enough to win it and thus not get promoted due to not having the correct facilities, (just move the pie hut or make it smaller 🤣).    Then in 5 years time of they felt they wanted to see what level they could get to, make the pie hut bigger and then try and go through the divisions.  "now ffs, dont sake the pie hut sellers, pie hut comment being an  example of a euphemism)                                 

4 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

If its true that they sat out the season to avoid  promotion then I would want the people on the committee concerned to leave as that  is totally wrong.  Auchinleck for example can continue to stay in the top WOSFL and keep winning it, if they are good enough to win it and thus not get promoted due to not having the correct facilities, (just move the pie hut or make it smaller 🤣).    Then in 5 years time of they felt they wanted to see what level they could get to, make the pie hut bigger and then try and go through the divisions.  "now ffs, dont sake the pie hut sellers, pie hut comment being an  example of a euphemism)                                 

It's not about 5 years it's purely about this year.

Play 2020-21 largely BCD, while keeping up with whatever COVID protocols that might come along and meeting licencing standards comes at a cost. That's even if players make compromises on wages. The reward? Nothing as they don't get promoted, or potential promotion to the Lowland League in 2021-22 coming with extra travel costs and likely smaller crowds.

Skip 2020-21 money goes into getting licenced in time for Feb 2021 instead of running a team BCD and on temporary COVID measures. Return in 2021-22 against traditional rivals to make up for the lost 2020-21 season. Derbies that they might not be playing again for quite some time if they win promotion.

You don't half talk pish about things you know nothing about [emoji849]

If its true that they sat out the season to avoid  promotion then I would want the people on the committee concerned to leave as that  is totally wrong.  Auchinleck for example can continue to stay in the top WOSFL and keep winning it, if they are good enough to win it and thus not get promoted due to not having the correct facilities, (just move the pie hut or make it smaller [emoji1787]).    Then in 5 years time of they felt they wanted to see what level they could get to, make the pie hut bigger and then try and go through the divisions.  "now ffs, dont sake the pie hut sellers, pie hut comment being an  example of a euphemism)                                 

3 minutes ago, andy25 said:

You don't half talk pish about things you know nothing about emoji849.png

Pmsl, im just luring you into a false sense of security. 

if you wanna know how a euphemism is, don't be afraid to ask on here, I'm sure there will be a few who will help you out  or you just scared the pie hut might get moved 🤣🤣

Any chance of repeating that in English?
My eyes are hurting trying to make sense of it.

Pmsl, im just luring you into a false sense of security. 
if you wanna know how a euphemism is, don't be afraid to ask on here, I'm sure there will be a few who will help you out  or you just scared the pie hut might get moved [emoji1787][emoji1787]

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

A 65lb brain?

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

A 65lb brain?

I seriously burst out laughing loud there. Jim go and sit beside Andy.
I'm gonna get my wet suit on and take you both out for fishing lessons.

Anyways back to Fair's comments, yes he's right and he knows as well as us that if Auchinleck won the league next season, they can stay in the same league by not fulfilling all the licensing criteria.  Personally why would any team not want to take the chance and see where it leads.  They can always go back down to the WOSFL in the future but losing.

I believe Pollok withdrew purely for financial reasons. I mean it would be a minimum £3000 weekly wage bill with no supporters paying and less sponsorship so they were quite right to withdraw, would Auchinleck be in the same position, doubt it as they have money but they had their reasons to withdraw.  Every team who stayed and every team who withdrew had their reasons and should be commended

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

48 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I seriously burst out laughing loud there. Jim go and sit beside Andy.
I'm gonna get my wet suit on and take you both out for fishing lessons.

Anyways back to Fair's comments, yes he's right and he knows as well as us that if Auchinleck won the league next season, they can stay in the same league by not fulfilling all the licensing criteria.  Personally why would any team not want to take the chance and see where it leads.  They can always go back down to the WOSFL in the future but losing.

I believe Pollok withdrew purely for financial reasons. I mean it would be a minimum £3000 weekly wage bill with no supporters paying and less sponsorship so they were quite right to withdraw, would Auchinleck be in the same position, doubt it as they have money but they had their reasons to withdraw.  Every team who stayed and every team who withdrew had their reasons and should be commended

I was going to give a spiky response there but given your excellent reputation with the mods on squashing us ill-informed galloots I'll give it a bye.

That and the fact that you're a condescending arse.

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I was going to give a spiky response there but given your excellent reputation with the mods on squashing us ill-informed galloots I'll give it a bye.

That and the fact that you're a condescending arse.

Hey I'm only gonna be condensing to ones who deserve it after starting on me and I think you know that only too well Jim

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

5 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Has Henry Dunigan not been quoted as saying that when Talbot enter the pyramid they will be in it to win it? The obvious way to avoid progression would be to have no floodlights, but this happened over the summer:

Think the floodlights were always gonna happen, just a great
It makes much to sense, getting the locals youth closer as it makes access and use  of the park during midweek easier

5 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Has Henry Dunigan not been quoted as saying that when Talbot enter the pyramid they will be in it to win it? The obvious way to avoid progression would be to have no floodlights, but this happened over the summer:

Pretty sh#t lighting levels , who designed it ray Charles 

Edited by Thistlewalk