When Is It Acceptable To Physically Assault Someone?

Dee Man

I've only ever started something once in my life - was waiting for a bus home in Hope St when I saw a couple walking past me having an argument and the guy started punching f**k out the woman about four or five feet away from me. Without really thinking I decked him and put the boot in a couple of times.

I was left in that no man's land when my bus arrived, between the driver wanting to shake my hand  because he'd seen the whole thing unfolding while sitting at the lights and some c**t lying in a puddle telling me to come back and fight.

Worst of it is my intervention probably didn't do any good...you pretty much know she got worse when they got home because somebody had made him look like a p***k, but that's probably the answer to the original question...it's acceptable when you see something you won't allow to stand.

I rather liked the tale of a guy who burgled an old guys house thinking he would be a soft target only to be knocked out by the old guy...who was a former boxer.
The other good bit of violence was our coach's teenage daughter getting harassed by two yokels at a Scottish Cup tie in darkest Galloway and she landed a fine punch on one of them.
Reminds me of this

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12158603.duncan-ferguson-fights-off-two-intruders/

One man, whom Ferguson detained after a scuffle, was taken by ambulance to hospital but the other fled. Ferguson, 29, who now plays for Everton, suffered minor injuries to his head but did not need hospital treatment

Old diesel engine mechanic who would frequently visit my work as a contractor had something similar.  Stocky little guy who was 67 year old and resembled Santa, from Ellon or one of the other small towns north of Aberdeen.  One night there was a bit of noise from outside, looked outside and 3 youths were trashing his front garden, which happened to be his wifes' pride and joy (I believe she was keen on gardening competitions).  He went out to confront the 3 teenagers as they were kicking up all the plants, telling his wife to lock the door behind him.  He had to knock the door to get his wife to call an ambulance as when they started pushing him about he leathered 2 of them, one of which was out cold, before the third bailed.  Turns out little old man who resembles Santa and has hands like shovels, spent the first 25 years of his adult life boxing in the army.

Edited by MONKMAN

17 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

I've only ever started something once in my life - was waiting for a bus home in Hope St when I saw a couple walking past me having an argument and the guy started punching f**k out the woman about four or five feet away from me. Without really thinking I decked him and put the boot in a couple of times.

I was left in that no man's land when my bus arrived, between the driver wanting to shake my hand  because he'd seen the whole thing unfolding while sitting at the lights and some c**t lying in a puddle telling me to come back and fight.

Worst of it is my intervention probably didn't do any good...you pretty much know she got worse when they got home because somebody had made him look like a p***k, but that's probably the answer to the original question...it's acceptable when you see something you won't allow to stand.

Defended a woman being dragged home by the hair one Saturday night by her husband, decked him, but then had to fend off her, it had f**k all to do with me apparently 

14 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Old diesel engine mechanic who would frequently visit my work as a contractor had something similar.  Stocky little guy who was 67 year old and resembled Santa, from Ellon or one of the other small towns north of Aberdeen.  One night there was a bit of noise from outside, looked outside and 3 youths were trashing his front garden, which happened to be his wifes' pride and joy (I believe she was keen on gardening competitions).  He went out to confront the 3 teenagers as they were kicking up all the plants, telling his wife to lock the door behind him.  He had to knock the door to get his wife to call an ambulance as when they started pushing him about he leathered 2 of them, one of which was out cold, before the third bailed.  Turns out little old man who resembles Santa and has hands like shovels, spent the first 25 years of his adult life boxing in the army.

0_15748638.jpg.6ba9ff0a059cd5b69c988598236df415.jpgScreenshot_20200914_225140.thumb.jpg.39e486c8263455dbc9667d401daf3967.jpg

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Violence is never acceptable unless it's in an organised sport.

Every situation should be handled in the marketplace of ideas.

Anderson Silva and Chael Sennon would have been better if they'd sat down and debated their differences

28 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

Batman's no-kill policy is funny given the amount of people he's permanently disabled and probably killed without noticing

Not been involved in anything violent since i was at school. I'd been getting it tight from this lad in my year for months, the tipping point finally came when he started shoving me about in a Science class while we were waiting for the teacher to turn up. There was nothing technical about it, i just lashed out without really thinking  and luckily caught him right on the nose with a gloriously clean lucky punch. He fell backwards into a coat rack with a burst nose seconds before the teacher came into class, took a quick look at him, shook his head and said "right class, today we're going to be looking at kinetic energy". Bizarre. 

To answer the OP, punching nazis is fucking wonderful and the first few videos are especially excellent. Outstanding work. 

2 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

"Swear on the Bible you walked on the moon".  

I love the fact that people think if you place your hand on a book full of myth and fantasy written hundreds of years ago to suit who ever was in power at the time, you are suddenly going to confess all.

Why didn't he just swear on the Bible? Sometimes the truth hurts.

The US filmed the 'Moon Landing' in a desert because the Soviets put a man in space. In fact the Soviets were totally pumping them in the space race, so they came up with that.

ETA: I did karate for five years and more recently a bit of boxing. I hate violence and will do what I can to avoid it, which I have done successfully for almost a decade, but when I genuinely feel threatened, or if I were assaulted, I would hurt the aggressor. Also I would protect the vulnerable and loved ones if I could.

Edited by Ralstonite

Defended a woman being dragged home by the hair one Saturday night by her husband, decked him, but then had to fend off her, it had f**k all to do with me apparently 

This is the real risk of defending damsels in distress, as many victims of this sort of thing can’t see the big picture that the guy shouldn’t be treating them like that [emoji20] which means you could then find yourself in a 2 on 1 handicap match.

12 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Tell you what though, I thought with the advent of smartphones we'd get to see regular footage of Chinese lads breaking out the kung fu but you don't really. Even lads doing Brazilian Ju jitsu never seem to be seen outside an octagon.

Very disappointing.

Don't get to see it actually happen but this guy stopped someone burgling his house by sticking him in a triangle - 

8 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

Why didn't he just swear on the Bible? Sometimes the truth hurts.

The US filmed the 'Moon Landing' in a desert because the Soviets put a man in space. In fact the Soviets were totally pumping them in the space race, so they came up with that.

Oh dear.

Worked in a very busy St Andrews bar for a while and sadly it was before smartphones. If someone was being a dick, all it took was a wee nod to big Terry the bouncer. He’d remove the offender and with his shovel-sized hands, give them a hefty slap and advise them to modify their future behaviour. Great viewing. 

Edited by Shandön Par