When Is It Acceptable To Physically Assault Someone?

Dee Man

Self-explanatory title relating to a debate on another thread discussing whether Neymar was justified in hitting someone on the back of the head after allegedly being a victim of racist abuse from a Marseille player - he later said his only regret is not hitting the player on the face. 

What is your personal sliding scale of verbal abuse where a violent response becomes merited?

Have you ever assaulted someone and why? Do you think it was justified? 

Have you ever been assaulted, and in hindsight, do you think you deserved it?

Have you ever fantasised about sticking the head on Niall McGinn?

Personally I enjoy videos of school bullies getting battered by their victims so there's one example where I think it's justified. Especially the one where the fat kid picks his aggressor up and smashes him off the ground. That was ace. 

https://m.pinkbike.com/video/186158/

There's no place for violence unless someone starts on you first.

If threatened or under attack, fair enough, but otherwise the use of violence is a sure sign of a simpleton.

This is class, he used the right amount of force and kept calm.

Personally anyone that attacks someone without warning is a shitebag unless, as said, the other person is doing something outrageous.
At school I had a group of so called friends who made up some bullshit and got someone to sucker punch me for no reason. Haven't really been able to trust folk since. Looking back now I should have just turned up with a baseball bat the next day and hammered them but was too nice back then.
I think this is why I react so badly to anyone trying to be a p***k now.

I don't think it was the OP's intention at all, but this thread seems destined to become a procession of pathetic posters fetishising acts they would never get near carrying out themselves.

Kind of like a P&B Danny Dyer documentary.

When "Tommy's Lads" descended on London to cause trouble and incite violence, during the peaceful BLM protests, this identified racist decided he'd indulge in a spot of pugilism with a 20 stone black man.  It went better than anyone could ever have imagined. 

Edited by MONKMAN

9 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I don't think it was the OP's intention at all, but this thread seems destined to become a procession of pathetic posters fetishising acts they would never get near carrying out themselves.

Kind of like a P&B Danny Dyer documentary.

You facking mag

I've never hit anyone in my adult life and haven't been in a proper fight since I was about 14.

If the need arose and I had no other option I like to think I could handle myself but, honestly, I have no idea. The issue I have is that I wouldn't know how hard to hit someone. I wouldn't want to hit someone with such little force that it has no effect but I also wouldn't want to hit them so hard that I end up doing a stint inside for culpable homicide.

To summarise: I'm a big shitebag.