Scottish Infrastructure

jamamafegan

46 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:
Vote for the tunnels/bridges from Inverclyde to Argyll.

As opposed to options #2 & #3 which propose making the current route even longer.  :lol: 

image.png.dc86204b85281e84fb8fee3240d3586d.png2

image.png.097bd0b396ef9b0ca9b5f2e2e44a75cd.png3

Eta:  Corridor 7 Shirley has to be the best one by some distance as it connects Dunoon to the opposite side (A78 is better than the Helensburgh area) and doesn't needlessly force anyone wanting to go to Kintyre into going near Inveraray:

image.thumb.png.65cdede2e08270bd1cb560382ee2720b.png

If a submarine can't avoid a fixed bridge then it shouldn't be out at sea.

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

As opposed to options #2 & #3 which propose making the current route even longer.  :lol: 

image.png.dc86204b85281e84fb8fee3240d3586d.png2

image.png.097bd0b396ef9b0ca9b5f2e2e44a75cd.png3

Eta:  Corridor 7 Shirley has to be the best one by some distance as it connects Dunoon to the opposite side (A78 is better than the Helensburgh area) and doesn't needlessly force anyone wanting to go to Kintyre into going near Inveraray:

image.thumb.png.65cdede2e08270bd1cb560382ee2720b.png

If a submarine can't avoid a fixed bridge then it shouldn't be out at sea.

I like 7 in principle. That Glendaruel to Otter ferry road has about a 1:20 gradient though.

It's a fun drive though and you are never quite sure if you are still on a classified road as there is grass growing through the tarmac

Edited by invergowrie arab

15 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I like 7 in principle. That Glendaruel to Otter ferry road has about a 1:20 gradient though.

It's a fun drive though and you are never quite sure if you are still on a classified road as there is grass growing through the tarmac

Looks nice enough.  Stick an extra passing place along it somewhere and it'll all be fine.

image.png.9f0979bfd96c8dc2ccabefac8fce7255.png

On 19/09/2020 at 23:13, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I think you mentioned it before on this thread but do road workers actually ever do any work on the roads? Is it purely a coincidence that when I pass them the majority are standing with their hands on their hips? Seems a decent job like, getting paid to stand around all day doing f**k all.

It's like nurses, they always say they are hard worked and underpaid but every time I've been in hospital they are all standing about doing f**k all.

Obviously I've not been on a covid ward yet, they seem to be fairly busy, the rest? Not so much.

On 19/09/2020 at 23:13, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I think you mentioned it before on this thread but do road workers actually ever do any work on the roads? Is it purely a coincidence that when I pass them the majority are standing with their hands on their hips? Seems a decent job like, getting paid to stand around all day doing f**k all.

I can understand it while some work is actually going on, road works usually have a sequence to follow so there will be times when folk are waiting around to do their bit, but practically the whole of Inverness is covered in road cones at the moment with absolutely nothing happening apart from a couple of locations.

21 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I would vote for this.

As highly unlikely as it is if it where to be built or something similar  this would be spectacular . I often think that we are far too conservative in our ideas for civil engineering just look at France and Spain in their ideas as above.

I don’t know about the rest of the country but there seems no joined up thinking when Park and Rides set up.
There are two by the M90 north of the Forth. At Inverkeithing the East Coast mainline runs through and it also branches off for the Fife circle but rather than place the P&R by this and create a transport hub linking bus and rail together it is at Ferrytoll about a mile away.
Then at Halbeath there is a Park and Ride that has the railway line running to the north of its car park but the nearest station is either Dunfermline or Cowdenbeath.
How difficult can it be to have a fully joined up transport infrastructure.
And don’t get me started on the lack of linked ticketing that could allow you to use the bus or the trains!