Week 1

lichtie23

4 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Had no idea Aldon Smith was back in the NFL, good to see even if it is for the Cowboys.

Same. Guy is from Kansas City and played at Mizzou. Was unbelievable in college. Hopefully has the alcohol issue under control.

In other news, what an embarrassing loss for the Colts.

Edited by AmericanFan
more

8 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Had no idea Aldon Smith was back in the NFL, good to see even if it is for the Cowboys.

Was a great player for 9ers until the substance abuse issues kicked in. Hopefully for the guy he has sorted out his problems but did it have to be at the Them.

Edited by Jute

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Just watched the Rams - Cowboys highlights. Both teams looked rusty and I actually thought the OPI on Gallup in the last minute was a tad harsh.

I actually thought both teams looked really good considering the disruption to off seasons etc. 

It was a dodgy OPI call but the refs missed a blatant roughing by Aldon Smith on Goff for the INT so these things even out. 

Problem for the Rams is red zone efficiency - 1 of 5. Made the game look much closer than it actually was. Pleased with that start. 

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Just watched the Rams - Cowboys highlights. Both teams looked rusty and I actually thought the OPI on Gallup in the last minute was a tad harsh.

You can't call that there, but as @CountyFan said, they missed Goff getting mugged earlier, so it was even.

Living in Texas, I'm always happy to see the Cowboys lose.

On 14/09/2020 at 00:46, Todd_is_God said:

Big fan of Kamara being 1/16" short of the goal line, and the ball being spotted at the ½ yard line 😂

There was a belter last season when they went to review to decide whether Melvin Gordon had broken the plane of the goalline or not, the announcers decided that he was about an inch short, the zebras agreed, then promptly spotted the ball slap bang on top of the 1 yard hash

Predictably, Gordon was a foot short on the next carry.

Not the first time they've screwed us like that either. They did the same to Ekeler against the Broncos, and of course, the very next play he goes out of bounds at the pylon while bobbling the ball, they rule no TD and a fumble out of bounds, when if they'd spotted the ball accurately the bobbling would have started half a yard inside the EZ <_<

I've still never figured out how they take it as gospel that a guy standing 30 yards away can magically peer into a 15 player pile and determine, to within a millimetre, exactly where the ball was when forward progress was stopped. The fact the players invariably just get up and take what is obviously a total guess as the final word is one of the mysteries of football. That, and how everyone on the planet beside the zebra standing the closest can see blatant holding on virtually every passing down, but it seemingly gets called at random whenever the mood takes the refs.

Edited by Boo Khaki