Cannabis Cup - Livi vs. Accies

44 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

After kind sponsorship by Hope C.B.D, kick-off has been delayed to 4:20 for leg 1 of el Plastico.

Home win.

Last seasons Livingston vs Accies game is quite literally the worst live game I've attended this century. I beg for not another repeat of that. 
I'll go with a sneaky 2-1 to Accies, with a penalty and a red card thrown in, with extra portions of HOOFBALL. 

Going to be difficult for Accies with a makeshift defence and our crap  midfield but there are scorers in this team...if we can create chances.

Young Kyle Munro surely to start at left back although knowing us it will be some random out of position.

I'd gladly take a point but not exactly over confident going into this 

McCrorie

Devlin Efe Guthrie Serrano

Bartley Sibbs

Forrest Pittman Souda (if fit)

Stokes/Lars

There should be goals in that team. Hamilton's defence seemed to deal with Dykes better than most so I'd maybe be looking at getting down the wings and putting early low crosses in for a poacher like Stokes.

Any chance we'll play 2 up front, or big Lars with Stokes in the attacking mid 3 feeding off him, nah prob not.

McCrorie

Devlin       Ambrose     Guthrie    Serrano

Souda      Bartley   Pittman     Forrest

Stokes      Lars

or

McCrorie

Devlin       Ambrose     Guthrie    Serrano

Bartley       Sibbald

Souda         Stokes          Forrest

Lars

Would expect Lokotsch to start, with Stokes perhaps coming off the bench for the last 20/25 minutes. 

Retain the 4-2-3-1 and we’re in with an excellent chance. Making it two wins on the bounce would be a tremendous turnaround given the horrible start we had. 

I am trying to be optimistic about the prospects for both sets of fans. Hopefully get a few goals today.

Expecting:

McCrorie

Devlin Efe Guthrie Serrano*

Sibbald Bartley

Robbo** Pitts Forrest

Loko

*would be happy with McMillan **probably the position most up for grabs

A diamond would make more sense than how the tweet has us lined up. There's no way that a) Collar is playing on the right, and b) there isn't a natural winger on the other side if he does play there.

Fulton
Martin Odoffin Want Munro
Collar Mimnaugh Callachan
Templeton
Ogkmpoe Moyo

The FBs aren't great (it makes sense that he wants to keep the Odoffin-Want partnership tbf) and I think Collar works better in a two, but the above formation looks better IMO.

Can only assume that there is fitness issues with both Sibbald and Stokes. Can't imagine why we'd drop our best performer of the season so far to the bench in the case of CS and imagine Stokes isn't near fitness at all yet, which is a slight worry.

17 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Holt seemed to suggest Stokes was still short of fitness.

4 hours ago, Afro said:

Would expect Lokotsch to start, with Stokes perhaps coming off the bench for the last 20/25 minutes. 

Retain the 4-2-3-1 and we’re in with an excellent chance. Making it two wins on the bounce would be a tremendous turnaround given the horrible start we had. 

Yep thought he'd be getting the last 20 mins or so from the bench, but that DR artivcle said he picked up some niggly injuries during his intense training and a bounce game during the international break. Bit frustrating having to wait over 6 weeks since his signing and not a sign of him playing, hope he's worth the wait when he finally gets fit.

Holt completely slipped from my mind during this break, surprised to see him replace Sibbs though, with him being voted our POTM, prob a more combative player alongside Marv.