Aberdeen v Killie - Att. 300

Guest Bob Mahelp

The dropping back to the edge of our own box after 70 mins aside, another very pleasing performance. 

It's like night and day compared with the last 2 years.

Said this on the Hibs thread a couple of weeks ago, Aberdeen are night and day from the rubbish that was served up in the last two seasons. So much more pace and verve in attack, and less interested in dragging the game down into a stodgy battle. All of that considered, I thought we matched them pretty well and could easily have come away with a point with a wee bit more luck. Definitely not too concerned about the result given the performance.

Best side we've played since the opening day defeat. Need to start scoring a few more and should really have been two and easy but given the farce of the first few weeks can't complain really. McCrorie looks better and better each week. Wonder how many years we'll get out of him before a big move.
That's us four clear in fourth with two games in hand. Aberdeen, Hibs, Celtic and rangers all winning, going to hear that alot this season

23 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Said this on the Hibs thread a couple of weeks ago, Aberdeen are night and day from the rubbish that was served up in the last two seasons. So much more pace and verve in attack, and less interested in dragging the game down into a stodgy battle. All of that considered, I thought we matched them pretty well and could easily have come away with a point with a wee bit more luck. Definitely not too concerned about the result given the performance.

Both teams should have been a bit more clinical. One of those weird games where if you scored one of the chances nobody argues it is undeserved but if Wright scores ours then it goes down as a deserved result.

12 minutes ago, glasgow-sheep said:

That's us four clear in fourth with two games in hand.

First team to win 4 in a row this season apparently. Good result v a decent Kille side.

Hoban - Rolls Royce

McCrorie / Ferguson - $ in the bank

Hayes/ Kennedy / Hedges / Watkins all excellent

Wright - must score

Can't fault any of the team tbh (bar the sitter)

Danny Rogers - Worth a look?😉

Good win against a decent team. Hoban was outstanding, but McKenna and Considine were also excellent - it's a really strong, well balanced back three. Hayes was very good and the last couple of games have shown beyond doubt that it was the correct decision to sign him; we seem to have found a role for him where he can have some influence in all thirds of the pitch. I think there are still improvements to be made, and Wright should have scored after he was played through by Watkins to give us a more comfortable last quarter of an hour, but it's a good start. 

Edited by DrewDon

Guest Bob Mahelp

I've been Wright's biggest critic, but I thought he was excellent today ( missed sitter aside).

The whole attacking dynamic of the team has transformed with McCrorie, Hayes and Watkins being there. It's brought the best out of both Hedges and Wright.

Next on Deek's to do list....get Watkins and Hoban tied down on long term deals. 

Good game that despite only containing one goal. McCrorie and Hoban the pick of the bunch for us but it was a good all-round performance. Killie were decent enough, although did they have a shot on target? Not sure. Impressed with Tshibola.

46 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I've been Wright's biggest critic, but I thought he was excellent today ( missed sitter aside).

The whole attacking dynamic of the team has transformed with McCrorie, Hayes and Watkins being there. It's brought the best out of both Hedges and Wright.

Next on Deek's to do list....get Watkins and Hoban tied down on long term deals. 

Wright really was great today. Shame about the miss, but great run and ball from Watkins. It’s so much better watching players trying to beat their man and go forwards. We just need a spell without injuries and I think we could click into a team that will score far more in games.

I thought Wright's ability to retain possession under pressure was pretty impressive today, especially early in the game - quite a few occasions where he really had no right to keep the ball, but managed to use his quick feet to come away with it or find a teammate. He also did plenty of good defensive work, including a goal-saving header under the crossbar in the first half.