League 1 title odds

CM.

Wouldn't have as much as that between Falkirk and Thistle. Looking at both squads there's not an awful lot between them but I suppose McCall has experience getting out this league.

Airdrie a reasonable EW shout and East Fife also slightly high for me. Not saying East Fife will win it but don't think they should be the same odds as us or worse odds than Dumbarton.

Edited by C. Muir

2 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Wouldn't have as much as that between Falkirk and Thistle. Looking at both squads there's not an awful lot between them but I suppose McCall has experience getting out this league.

Airdrie and East Fife also slightly high for me. Not saying East Fife will win it but don't think they should be the same odds as us or worse odds than Dumbarton.

Pretty surprised at them. 

Would. Have put Falkirk right up there too. 

We seem to be pretty high especially with Dumbarton ahead of us... 

10 hours ago, C. Muir said:

It's quite a predictable set of guesses and it could also be related as to how many fans each club have who are likely to bet. I am not a gambler except for the Grand National find a name /colour of outfit , but there is no way Dumbarton will finish ahead of East Fife. I suspect Cove are there because of their money/squad and ambition but it can be hard for newly promoted teams. Most of us would think the "Big 2" would battle it out but it's a funny old game.  If we actually get a league going it looks fairly close to me. 

I'd have put Falkirk and Partick fairly close, Airdrie in next behind them, behind that probably East Fife, Cove and Montrose quite similar, then Dumbarton and Clyde behind that and then Forfar and Peterhead as the no-hopers.

I reckon Cove are a bit of a wildcard and they've just been cautious by not discouraging folk to take a punt on them.

3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I'd have put Falkirk and Partick fairly close, Airdrie in next behind them, behind that probably East Fife, Cove and Montrose quite similar, then Dumbarton and Clyde behind that and then Forfar and Peterhead as the no-hopers.

I reckon Cove are a bit of a wildcard and they've just been cautious by not discouraging folk to take a punt on them.

Much like last season then and I would go along with that. Montrose took me by surprise in the last two seasons and I expect the same again. If we can get to real games I have Cove to tick off in the 42, so lets hope.  Take care.

On 09/09/2020 at 10:55, C. Muir said:

Airdrie a reasonable EW shout and East Fife also slightly high for me. Not saying East Fife will win it but don't think they should be the same odds as us or worse odds than Dumbarton.

What bookies is that with? 

Partick have a decent squad on paper.  Unless McCall has totally lost it as a manager they will be up there and he knows this league. Their forward line is probably the best in the division. Keeping Rudden fit might be key. Our squad while looking decent has a few unknown quantities in it, and we will probably only sign a back up keeper and a defender unless the yank investment gives us leeway to add more. With it being a shorter season dropped points will be a big factor.  Airdrie, Cove, Montrose and East Fife should all be in with a shout of the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Partick have a decent squad on paper.  Unless McCall has totally lost it as a manager they will be up there and he knows this league. Their forward line is probably the best in the division. Keeping Rudden fit might be key. Our squad while looking decent has a few unknown quantities in it, and we will probably only sign a back up keeper and a defender unless the yank investment gives us leeway to add more. With it being a shorter season dropped points will be a big factor.  Airdrie, Cove, Montrose and East Fife should all be in with a shout of the playoffs. 

Loving how, without seeing a single game, you've already decided its between Falkirk and Partick for the title. Thanks for throwing the play-off bone out there for a few teams. 

4 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Loving how, without seeing a single game, you've already decided its between Falkirk and Partick for the title. Thanks for throwing the play-off bone out there for a few teams. 

Your welcome. And best of luck in said playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Cheers, hope you enjoy this season as much as the last one. Looking forward to watching Sammons immense input next time we play you. 

Sammon will be a bench warmer at best behind Keena, Dowds and Lee Miller so you might be disappointed. 

16 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

I see nowhere he has suggested Falkirk will be promotion challengers he's merely stated while it looks good on paper they are unknown quantities, going back 2 season with the squad we assembled and from where they came from i.e. Brighton and Watford reserves we should have had a good squad but they were utter dug meat.  I think everyone has Partick for favourites for the league everyone else is playoffs with the favourites to be in this play offs East Fife, Montrose, Probably us and yourselves.

1 hour ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I could be wrong but I feel like those odds are really overrating Cove. Think the gap in quality between last season's League Two and this season's League One is bigger than them being third favourites suggests.

Its probably cause Hartley is there and have they not got a bit of money anyway to throw about.

I could be wrong but I feel like those odds are really overrating Cove. Think the gap in quality between last season's League Two and this season's League One is bigger than them being third favourites suggests.
They've got a couple of players that should be standouts at this level Fraser Fyvie and Mitch Megginson but the rest I barely recognise.

Would expect they'll comfortably stay up but can't see them finishing ahead of Falkirk, Thistle or Airdrie.

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

They've got a couple of players that should be standouts at this level Fraser Fyvie and Mitch Megginson but the rest I barely recognise.

Would expect they'll comfortably stay up but can't see them finishing ahead of Falkirk, Thistle or Airdrie.

Kevin Keegan-style 'love it, love it' if Cove crash and burn in spectacular fashion, on account of that odious wee tramp.