Scotland Squad face October

Craigieboy86

I was mainly thinking of (Robby) McCrorie, Porteous, Gilmour, Turnbull and Hornby. Gilmour obviously only if he's fit and the latter two if they actually get a run of games at their new clubs which is maybe slightly unlikely. Hickey is nowhere near it - he'd be about 6th choice left-back at best.

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I was mainly thinking of (Robby) McCrorie, Porteous, Gilmour, Turnbull and Hornby. Gilmour obviously only if he's fit and the latter two if they actually get a run of games at their new clubs which is maybe slightly unlikely. Hickey is nowhere near it - he'd be about 6th choice left-back at best.

He's probably third choice by now but won't be in a squad for a while, and will eventually move into midfield.

Why, what difference does it make? We had four left-footed defenders fairly regularly at the end of Strachan's reign and they didn't all suddenly fall over every time there was an attack down the right.
Four left footed defenders and a left footed goalie no less!

Obviously you'd prefer a right footed player at right back but I certainly don't see any issue at centre back. In terms of right back, if some joker like Paulo Maldini can play on his opposite side then I'm sure Tierney can manage it.