Goalies:
Marshall/Gordon/McLaughlin
Defenders:
Robertson/Tierney/McKenna/Cooper/Gallagher/McTominay/Palmer
Midfield:
McGinn/Armstrong/Fraser/Forrest/Fleck/McGregor/Jack
Strikers:
Dykes/Burke/Griffiths/Christie/Naismith

Would leave Kenny Mclean and Calum Paterson out and bring in Ryan Fraser , Steven Naismith & Lee Griffiths (if fit). Would also bring Craig Gordon back into the fold.

It'll be the same squad that was picked for these games with a few added*. Clarke said he'll be hoping to name a bigger squad for these games.

If McLaughlin's still Rangers' first choice then he'll obviously get picked but if he's dropped by October then Gordon will probably be brought in for him. You could see Gallagher or McCrorie being omitted if it wasn't for Clarke trying to get a consistent squad going.

*Hanley, Paterson, Fraser (if he can be bothered) and maybe Phillips and/or Russell. Clarke likes Naismith so he might be called up too but I wouldn't.

3 hours ago, sidofthesouth said:

Goalies:
Marshall/Gordon/McLaughlin
Defenders:
Robertson/Tierney/McKenna/Cooper/Gallagher/McTominay/Palmer
Midfield:
McGinn/Armstrong/Fraser/Forrest/Fleck/McGregor/Jack
Strikers:
Dykes/Burke/Griffiths/Christie/Naismith

Would leave Kenny Mclean and Calum Paterson out and bring in Ryan Fraser , Steven Naismith & Lee Griffiths (if fit). Would also bring Craig Gordon back into the fold.

Naismith is done. By then he won't have played a competitive game for almost six months. He's forty years old and will catch fire at the first hint of sun.  He's done.

1 hour ago, Craigieboy86 said:

Clarke want try Giggs (Wales manager) type to bring bright younger in squad

Who though? And the Israel game isn't the time to be experimenting.

Clarke will know his preferred XI for that game.

Assuming the same squad available then I think we need to be looking at a team of -

--------------------- Marshall
Tierney - McKenna - Cooper - Robertson
----------- McTominay - McGregor
Christie --------- McGinn ---------- Armstrong
----------------------- Dykes

I'd have liked to try Tierney at CB in a two against Czech Republic but as that didn't happen just get him in at right back for defensive qualities.
McTominay had a nightmare two games but a far better player in centre midfield. Would be ok with Jack playing in there or even McGinn deeper with Christie or Armstrong off the front - Forrest and Fraser other options for out wide. Fine with Dykes up front unless Griffiths somehow makes it back.

10 hours ago, Craigieboy86 said:

Anyone Scotland someone player like  play to H.Wilson, Roberts, James, Brooks ,Ampadu, Woodburn, Williams

Are you genuinely calling for a squad full of uncapped players for our first playoff game in nearly17 years?

Assuming the same squad available then I think we need to be looking at a team of -

--------------------- Marshall
Tierney - McKenna - Cooper - Robertson
----------- McTominay - McGregor
Christie --------- McGinn ---------- Armstrong
----------------------- Dykes

I'd have liked to try Tierney at CB in a two against Czech Republic but as that didn't happen just get him in at right back for defensive qualities.
McTominay had a nightmare two games but a far better player in centre midfield. Would be ok with Jack playing in there or even McGinn deeper with Christie or Armstrong off the front - Forrest and Fraser other options for out wide. Fine with Dykes up front unless Griffiths somehow makes it back.

4 left-footed defenders could be a disaster

Just now, sidofthesouth said:

4 left-footed defenders could be a disaster

Why, what difference does it make? We had four left-footed defenders fairly regularly at the end of Strachan's reign and they didn't all suddenly fall over every time there was an attack down the right.

14 hours ago, Craigieboy86 said:

Scotland Squad

Keeper:

Kelly (QPR)

Doohan (Ross County loan Celtic)

McCrorie (Livingston Loan Rangers)

Defender:

Rose (Coventry City)

Cooper(Leeds Utd)

Findlay (Kilmarnock)

Robertson (Liverpool)

Tierney (Arsenal)

Hickey (Bologna)

Grimmer (Wycombe Wanderer)

O'Donnell (Motherwell)

Midfielder:

Liam Henderson ( Hellas Verona)

McGregor (Celtic)

McGinn (Aston Villa)

Gilmour (Chelsea)

Christie (Celtic)

Fraser (Newcastle Utd)

Forrest (Celtic)

Striker:

Stewart (Ross County)

Dykes (QPR)

Brophy (Kilmarnock)

Shankland (Dundee Utd)

Hornby (Stade de Reims)

I presume that's a joke?

It'll be effectively identical to the most recent squad, with the addition of a few due to it being three games in a short period.

I'd expect to also see:

McBurnie, Fraser, Shankland, Hanley.

And then a couple from the u21s like Turnbull, Hickey, Gilmour, Hornby, Porteous, depending on how important the Czech and San Marino u21 games are judged.

Given the way the games are arranged, with the Czech U21 game at Tynecastle the night after the Israel game, I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of the top U21 players stay with that squad for the Czech U21 game and then join up with the senior squad afterwards rather than travelling to San Marino. With the senior team having 3 games in a week we're probably going to have to use our depth a bit more than usual.

Edited by craigkillie

Who's actually gonna get bumped up for these games? Porteous maybe because Clarke called him up before? Patterson because he's highly thought of and we have shit RBs? Hornby because of our dearth of strikers?

Obviously Turnbull's class but we've got 4 million midfielders, and Hickey's never even played for the 21s and, again, we've got loads in his position. I suppose if we continue picking five central midfielders per game then folk like Ferguson, McCrorie and Turnbull might be needed.