Nerd Bowl

Dundee is building a venue where spotty nerds can play Space Invaders whilst other spotty nerds cheer them on (whilst eating pehs and ingin bridies). 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/dundee/1563448/plans-for-a-4000-capacity-esports-arena-at-dundee-waterfront/

Is this needed? Does the demand exist or is it peh in the skeh thinking from Dundee City Cooncil?

36 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

Can I give a Yer Da response?

As long as they don't make it compulsory, fill yer fuckin boots, lads (I suspect this may be a female-free attraction).

Have I picked this up wrong? I don't get how you think it would or could be made compulsory. A bizarre comment.

Also your assumption is wrong. Do folk still really believe those stereotypes?! Genuinely?! 😄

9 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Some of the lassies who play video games are up there with the most attractive I've ever seen. There's a Norwegian lass (something)Panda and she's unreal. Makes a very good living out of just playing games too. Jammy bugger. 

Id wager the vast majority of these lassies either have an Only Fans or are funded majorly by teasing non thinking teenage hormone machines. Probably both. Gaming is likely the advertising platform.

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Have I picked this up wrong? I don't get how you think it would or could be made compulsory. A bizarre comment.

Also your assumption is wrong. Do folk still really believe those stereotypes?! Genuinely?! 😄

Just being light-hearted. It's what the more liberal minded yer da's used to say about things they didn't understand, like mullets, ear rings and listening to punk rock 😆

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Some of the lassies who play video games are up there with the most attractive I've ever seen. There's a Norwegian lass (something)Panda and she's unreal. Makes a very good living out of just playing games too. Jammy bugger. 

Well I stand corrected👍

I dont think even attractive Scandanavian female participants would get me to watch it, but I suspect I'm not the target demographic here, as my total ignorance has clearly demonstrated 😆

13 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Dundee is building a venue where spotty nerds can play Space Invaders whilst other spotty nerds cheer them on (whilst eating pehs and ingin bridies). 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/dundee/1563448/plans-for-a-4000-capacity-esports-arena-at-dundee-waterfront/

Is this needed? Does the demand exist or is it peh in the skeh thinking from Dundee City Cooncil?

I've been in touch with your children, they'll be coming to collect you shortly.

2 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

Just being light-hearted. It's what the more liberal minded yer da's used to say about things they didn't understand, like mullets, ear rings and listening to punk rock 😆

Ah, get you now.

TSM (A team that sends players to these things) made £5m last year after building a $50m centre and plying a tonne of money into different streamers etc.

It's certainly not my thing, but it'll be a fantastic investment in the city despite the 'Yer Da' element being out in force on this thread. Here's a video of the centre they made in the US: