Rangers v Dundee Utd

Watching the tackle back again I’m not sure if it’s as bad as I thought it was.

It’s hard to tell if he has deliberately followed through to catch Morelos or not. Certainly reckless and worthy of at least a booking, though I’m on the fence if it was a red or not.

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

Watching the tackle back again I’m not sure if it’s as bad as I thought it was.

It’s hard to tell if he has deliberately followed through to catch Morelos or not. Certainly reckless and worthy of at least a booking, though I’m on the fence if it was a red or not.

If considered a yellow, Barisic took the decision out of Clancy's hands by getting involved with Edwards, and perhaps sensibly Clancy decided to give both a warning, with the home number 31 having earlier gone in the book.

To be fair to Edwards, I don't think he did anything deliberately today.

1 hour ago, thepundit said:

He learned a valuable lesson today. If he goes to Ibrox and sets his side up to play Rangers at their own game then more often than not he’ll be made to look a bit silly.

That said, they’re a newly promoted side who’ve picked up points in 3 or their first 7 games which include games against Rangers and Celtic. If they keep going the way they are going they’ll comfortably avoid relegation which I’m sure is Mellon’s main objective from the board.

As another poster mentioned, you really shouldn't judge results against OF too much for a lot of clubs. Mellon has done a good job so far and should be graded on how he does against Hamilton, St. Mirren, St. Johnstone, Ross County, Killie, Well and Livingston.

The Edward's challenge isn't as bad as some rangers fans are howling about. He got the ball and accidentally clipped him on the follow through.

Rangers were miles ahead of us today but we will see where we are after the next 3 games which are the real test.

9 hours ago, Loemba90 said:

Boyd says United are the 7th biggest team in Scotland, who are the sixth biggest?

This has been puzzling me all day. Dundee are surely the only other team who could lay claim to being the sixth biggest but Boyd, being the massive wum that he is, probably thinks it's Kilmarnock or Motherwell.  

Jack was sent off at Aberdeen a few years ago for something similar.  Won the ball and then the follow through onto the oncoming player. 

I think its a yellow.  I don't know if there is intent, but I think the challenge merits a card.

ETA: I'm just happy Clancy didn't send off Morelos for bleeding on the pitch. 

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Well beaten today by a much better team. No great shame as the arse cheeks are clearly miles ahead of the rest but not much consolation either. Edwards looking like a poor man's Mark Connolly, if you can imagine such a thing. I hope he's not fit rather than just hopeless - at least Connolly would have made a challenge before getting put on his arse for the first and third goals.

Feeling the need for a bit of Pav before next weekend. That'd cheer me right up. 

49 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

As another poster mentioned, you really shouldn't judge results against OF too much for a lot of clubs. Mellon has done a good job so far and should be graded on how he does against Hamilton, St. Mirren, St. Johnstone, Ross County, Killie, Well and Livingston.

Agreed. They’ve done well so far, especially given Shankland hasn’t been fit but now he’s back he’ll hopefully bag a few goals because he’s in my Fantasy team and he’s not been scoring me many points! 👍

6 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Jack was sent off at Aberdeen a few years ago for something similar.  Won the ball and then the follow through onto the oncoming player. 

I think its a yellow.  I don't know if there is intent, but I think the challenge merits a card. 

That’s what it reminded me of as well. Thought the red for Jack at the time was harsh so it’d have probably have harsh if the Utd lad got sent off today. Seemed accidental. A yellow would have been fine.

You'd have to be a master of divination to find Mellon's game plan today as United seemed to be too open to be defensive and too conservative to be attacking.  Instead they seemed to be the worst of both - poorly set up to in defence and with no one in midfield to start an attack.  Looking at the league table this explains why they have the highest  GA and the lowest GD in the league.

Pawlett was a disgrace today and how he stayed on the park is a mystery.  If he wasn't kicking one of our players he was diving.  If he'd put all that energy into actually playing football United maybe have done slightly better,

For us, Steve Davis was immense and belied his years with the shift he put in and Roofe had his best game yet - with a lot more to come.

Thought Arfield was superb when he came on also. Bassey impressed when he was brought on, too.

Quite a few quality performances from a number of Rangers players today. I’m sure Utd fans will agree it was well worth the £9.99 they had to pay Rangers. 🙂 🎣 

8 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

This has been puzzling me all day. Dundee are surely the only other team who could lay claim to being the sixth biggest but Boyd, being the massive wum that he is, probably thinks it's Kilmarnock or Motherwell.  

I don't know what's to be puzzled about - it's clearly Dundee.  Regardless of what Boyd thinks.