Premiership to be a 28 game season.

So junior clubs and supporters during a pandemic are getting news first from a guy who loves playing football manager that nobody knows ,  a parody of a football manager with no credibility at darvel and a st roch fan who runs an unofficial west region twitter account.  

Desperate times indeed. If it wasn't so serious you'd just burst out laughing. 

Edited by rncaa

3 minutes ago, rncaa said:

So junior clubs and supporters during a pandemic are getting news first from a guy who loves playing football manager that nobody knows ,  a parody of a football manager with no credibility at darvel and a st roch fan who runs an unofficial west region twitter account.  

For all you and I know the clubs voted on this and their representatives are all in the know. After a vote like that and 67+ people in the know it's kind of hard to control how that information is controlled in this day and age.

2 minutes ago, rncaa said:

Mate as I said in my last post I was probably dragged into this kicking and screaming as I had been a Junior fan all my life.

I have learned to embrace it and looking forward to it now.

I have realised my team will always be my team no matter where they play. 

Maybe time for you to do the same.

20 minutes ago, rncaa said:

Thats without even taking into consideration what clubs have planned and budgeted for what a shambles. 

The clubs (who incidentally must have agreed to this) have know about coronavirus for six months . Do you really think many will have "planned and budgetted" for a full season?

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The original set up being a 38 game season with no guarantee that fans would be allowed in and involved numerous midweek games. All before factoring in postponements and COVID.

I'd like to think most clubs have been cautious with their budgets if they're dependent on gate receipts & hospitality.

Exactly - there may well have been a minority of clubs that have allowed themselves to be drawn into a wages arms race that could conceivably cause trouble for them,, but it's not like we haven't been aware there was a distinct possibility that this season would be a very strange one-off since as far back as March when last season shuddered to a halt.

It wouldn't be surprising if the EoS follows suite with its 18 club Premier being split in the same way with inter-conference games added. The Division One Conferences could also be increased from 2 to 3. We shall see.

3 minutes ago, sctv said:

Very sensible idea but I thought the whole thing about the premier was no conferences at tier 6?

The SFA's issue was the number of clubs at tier 6, 67 were too many. They did agree to 20 clubs, which is still the case although in a slightly different format.

The SFA's issue was the number of clubs at tier 6, 67 were too many. They did agree to 20 clubs, which is still the case although in a slightly different format.

Don’t think it was, supposedly came from rod petrie that conferences at tier 6 wasn’t acceptable.
Again I strongly believe that splitting the premier is the most sensible idea they have came up with even if it was the best blatantly obvious solution, for me though the rest of teams now at tier seven and in conferences have again been shafted.
It was four fair conferences at the beginning.

I can’t how “legally” the premier can now be a conference

3 minutes ago, sctv said:

Don’t think it was, supposedly came from rod petrie that conferences at tier 6 wasn’t acceptable.
Again I strongly believe that splitting the premier is the most sensible idea they have came up with even if it was the best blatantly obvious solution, for me though the rest of teams now at tier seven and in conferences have again been shafted.

The difference I suppose is no play-off for a champion and inter-conference play. At this point the SFA have also accepted the WoSFL so its harder to argue against.

Nope it was numbers as the SFA claimed managing & processing the discipline of an addidtional 67 clubs as part of the JPP wouldn't have been viable due to manpower or something like that. The SFA don't care about the internal structure of a member's competition as evidenced by not kb'ing the all-in 18-19 EOS Premier.

21 hours ago, WilliamBragg said:

Mate as I said in my last post I was probably dragged into this kicking and screaming as I had been a Junior fan all my life.

I dont think he really cares that much hes just a sad pathetic troll

22 hours ago, WilliamBragg said:

Well said, I'm pretty much the opposite from you: a big supporter of the pyramid who is following a club still in a junior league. I'd love for us to be properly in the pyramid but I'll watch my team regardless of what league we're in.

28 game season is better but perhaps still a bit much.  Be lucky to get 8 games done never mind 28 the way things are. The conferences are fine just play the 18 games , winners play off for title , 3 down from each , if it's 7 to be relegated bottom 4 play off.  No that long ago the top division was only 22 games anyway. Next season is all about getting stuff sorted for the following season just get it started and done with asap.