Premiership to be a 28 game season.

9 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Thanks for posting this. Good decision. Wonder how the groups will be allocated.

Probably the same seeding approach applied to the Conferences.

EDIT:

This is how they worked the Inter-Conference games for last season's EoS First Division if you want to apply guesswork as to who a club might get as home/away games.

image.png.1d513bddf834febff40c294c8ce14944.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan

8 minutes ago, Ardenvohr6 said:

Can I ask how many clubs have already sold season tickets? Were they sold on the basis of 19 home games? We’re wages worked out on the same basis, 19 home games and cup games? 

Why would you sell a season ticket for a season you didn’t know how many games there would be? Likewise why would you budget wages without knowing the facts

5 minutes ago, Ardenvohr6 said:

Players are signing contracts NOW. Are you suggesting they’ll sign not knowing what they’re being paid? Will clubs be offering contracts that could put them in financial problems if they were based on the original setup?

Any treasurers signing off on wages based on life at the start of 2019-20 should be kicked out their committee 😄

Edited by cmontheloknow

5 minutes ago, Ardenvohr6 said:

Players are signing contracts NOW. Are you suggesting they’ll sign not knowing what they’re being paid? Will clubs be offering contracts that could put them in financial problems if they were based on the original setup?

The original set up being a 38 game season with no guarantee that fans would be allowed in and involved numerous midweek games. All before factoring in postponements and COVID.

I'd like to think most clubs have been cautious with their budgets if they're dependent on gate receipts & hospitality.

7 minutes ago, Ardenvohr6 said:

Presumably you're not the first to raise these questions, ad the clubs must have been happy with the answers before agreeing t this.

1 minute ago, andy25 said:

Is this official?
As WOS news isn't somewhere I would take as gospel...

Not seen anything official. If this was just voted on, i'd expect the delay on the official response as it would be more in depth and probably contain the league structure. Someone's just given this person the news and they've jumped on it.

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Not seen anything official. If this was just voted on, i'd expect the delay on the official response as it would be more in depth and probably contain the league structure. Someone's just given this person the news and they've jumped on it.

I wonder who ????

Still totally unworkable whoever is running the show now for west clubs.

38 games to 28 games makes no material difference in the time frame and these pandemic times.

They now know the writing is on the wall or to put it another way they are pointlessly frantically swimming against a tsunami trying to save themselves and the season wont be long before they realise its all futile but at least they can say they tried. 

Thats without even taking into consideration what clubs have planned and budgeted for what a shambles. 

Edited by rncaa

[emoji1787]

Still totally unworkable whoever is running the show now for west clubs now know the writing is on the wall they are pointlessly frantically swimming against a tsunami trying to save themselves and the season wont be long before they realise its all futile but at least they can say they tried. 

Seems like a sensible idea if it is true. 

Must admit I was a very late convert to moving over to this new setup but credit where it's due they are showing an adaptability that was never shown in the Juniors.

Just hope we can get the fans back in soon to enjoy it.