St Mirren v Hibernian

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fuxake. McAllister ballwatching there, totally flat footed.

Our long balls to the head of Gogic simply haven't worked today. I hope we change that for Celtic.

I think we’ll mix it up a bit and play long balls to Ajer instead.

2 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Is there a reason MacPherson can’t get in the team? I’d have had him in before both Sheron and Erhahon?

I honestly think Erhahon has been really good today. One of the better midfeild performances of the season.

The 'Scottish Premiership Football For Anyone Who Gives A...' thread on Kickback (which, by the way, has now reached page 30) has gone mysteriously quiet 🤣

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/189547-this-weekends-scottish-premiership-football-for-anyone-who-gives-a/page/30/#comments

Edited by The Other Foot

Yeah second half was a non event really.

Our performances have definitely dipped since the Shaugnessy sending off. At that point we were beating Ross County and on course for 9 points. Since then we haven’t scored and have conceded 5.

Shuffling Foley from midfield to defence and losing Joe has made the defence and midfield weaker. Good news is that Joe is back on Wednesday so fingers crossed for an improvement.

Definitely not time to panic, but I know some of our supporters will. It’s still been a decent start to the season and we still sit in 7th.

Agreed. Cammy and Erhahon in for Celtic or we riot.

Erhahon been best player on the park for saints, anytime he’s received the ball first thought has been to go forward. Passing has been very accurate as well.

Would have Foley in midfield with them, Shaughnessy back in the team with Sheron & Les dropping out. Hopefully only a knock for him today although he was struggling towards the end of the first half.

15 minutes ago, GAD said:

Foley seemed to get a lot of credit for a couple of games (I'm thinking specifically of the one against Kilmarnock) where he strolled it at CB, but was never really tested as we completely dominated.

Killie game was his first one in there but JG should never have made decision that he appears to have made and have him as our back up CB, moving Foley hurts the midfield too much and he should be the first pick in the middle of the park. For me Jack Baird should have been kept on till we had a back up CB but Goodwin has been stubborn with him to a point that it's been detrimental to the club.

Edited by thomas

7 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Erhahon been best player on the park for saints, anytime he’s received the ball first thought has been to go forward. Passing has been very accurate as well.

Would have Foley in midfield with them, Shaughnessy back in the team with Sheron & Les dropping out. Hopefully only a knock for him today although he was struggling towards the end of the first half.

I forgot Shaughnessy was back, tbh. Yeah, agree with that. But Jim will go stodgy, I reckon.

Cammy was good when he came on, and I like the look of Connolly. He was actually trying to get to the byline and cross the ball. Mental.

1 hour ago, thomas said:

Killie game was his first one in there but JG should never have made decision that he appears to have made and have him as our back up CB, moving Foley hurts the midfield too much and he should be the first pick in the middle of the park. For me Jack Baird should have been kept on till we had a back up CB but Goodwin has been stubborn with him to a point that it's been detrimental to the club.

I think that sums it up for me. Jim is a stubborn bugger.

Dissapointed obviously however I won't be calling for heads. Reckon with Jak and Shaunessy we would not have conceded 2 of those goals. And considering we never got a penalty and Boyle punched the ball into the net for the 3rd then the score should have been closer although Hibs deserved the win.

Erharon was a find and I thought Erwin and Connolly showed promise. McPherson showed what we are missing in midfield. If we sign the left back we are interested in then we shouldn't need to play Foley in the back. Squad looking a bit better now.

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

Dissapointed obviously however I won't be calling for heads. Reckon with Jak and Shaunessy we would not have conceded 2 of those goals. And considering we never got a penalty and Boyle punched the ball into the net for the 3rd then the score should have been closer although Hibs deserved the win.

All in all, even with Shaughnessy and Alnwick we could still have come away with a 3-0 loss and not be too disappointed, albeit not the goals we did concede.

For me, the wheels came off the bus pretty much with Shaughnessy's sending off and Goodwin messing about with the formation at Perth, that was compounded today with the goalkeeper shenanigans. I think we are on a hiding to nothing with Celtic too, but if we can get the back 4 into place again, and push Sheron onto the bench to be used for emergency use only (or for shitfesting late on in a game) then we can maybe start building some momentum.