The 'yer da' element of your support

1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

We seem to have two camps. Unbelievably moany c***s who seen to hate everyone associated with the club and folk who will call you a c**t for suggesting anyone has ever had a bad game.

It’s interesting to see because in reality, we’ve had some properly bang average players on the books for years. Not according to the Hibs da’s, who would either tell you that Paul Hanlon is a world beater or that they’re currently better than him.

Substitute out 'Hibs' for 'Aberdeen' and 'Paul Hanlon' for 'Ash Taylor' and this post is accurate for us. 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

The tartan Army forum is often a Da’fest.  Dont go to Scotland games but is this the norm with them?

From my experience only:

Home games, a wee bit but nowhere near as much as Accies (and I suspect every other team on the basis of this thread 😆).

Away games, much less so, for reasons that may be obvious if you ever watched them on the telly. For many attendees at these events, the football is a secondary consideration.

7 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Further yer da symptoms:

1. a call for all coloured boots to be banned

2. brainless applause of a studs-up, two-footed, 100mph tackle on a combine harvester and intolerant of any effort less than that;

3. MOANGITTHEBA'UPTHEPARK and an intolerance of 'tippy-tappy' football; claiming that standards are much worse than in their day despite favouring a cretinous, route-one, zero skill-all-physicality style;

4. Roaring STEPPPPPPPPPSSSSS every time the keeper takes a few too many whilst holding the ball; see also FOUL SHY

5. calling for the youth team to be fielded and the local junior teams to be scouted for recruits after a run of poor performances;

6. denying hard-wired sexism on the basis of having voted for Ruth Davidson and once having held the door open for the tea lady;

7. Agreeing with Tam Cowan

8. Not only buying newspapers but actually taking Keith Jackson seriously;

9. A false aura of footballing expertise having once had a call taken by Clyde Super Scoreboard a decade ago, and having had a five minute chat with the manager after kidnapping him in hospitality;

I’m right behind Number 1, and as far as Number 4 goes, it certainly does ma heid in when goalies hold onto the ball in their hands for about 20 seconds when the law is 6 (unless it’s Joe Lewis), but all the rest get a no from me.

Don't know if it's been mentioned earlier in the thread ... but (and at the risk of incurring the wrath of some QOS fans on here) some of our more "senior" lot love taking old style wooden rattles to games.  Bloody murder if they're sitting near you.  I know some of them follow the team home and away hardly ever missing a game and so you have to take your hat off to them for that ...... but those friggin rattles .... jings, crivens, help ma boab!  Probably just me tho ....

6 hours ago, gannonball said:

The tartan Army forum is often a Da’fest.  Dont go to Scotland games but is this the norm with them?

Would a Tartan Army yer da thing to say be "if thae Czechs can field a decent team from uncapped League players then get overpaid bone idle shagbags like McTominey tae f*ck.. "?

On 05/09/2020 at 22:19, Academically Deficient said:

Me.

What of it?

But seriously, Accies fans on here seem ok. At the ground though, DEARIE me. I said DEARIE me 😂

Accies have always had a terrible section of fans who berate anyone and everyone whether online or at the game.

Most of them years ago(I've been going nearly 44 years,so count as an Accies DA  age wise)were like Auld Fergie apprentices and all -bar a few- seemed to sit in The Centre Stand.

In fact,the new lot who sit In The Centre Stand act the exact same as their forerunners including some of our young lot who have moved over from Section A to this area.

The only difference I notice is clothing wise.Years ago,they were all dressed like Jack/Victor to a man whether they were 35 or 85.Nowadays, there is no "Centre Stand" uniform but the ability to disparage anything and everything remains intact.

4 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Accies have always had a terrible section of fans who berate anyone and everyone whether online or at the game.

Most of them years ago(I've been going nearly 44 years,so count as an Accies DA  age wise)were like Auld Fergie apprentices and all -bar a few- seemed to sit in The Centre Stand.

In fact,the new lot who sit In The Centre Stand act the exact same as their forerunners including some of our young lot who have moved over from Section A to this area.

The only difference I notice is clothing wise.Years ago,they were all dressed like Jack/Victor to a man whether they were 35 or 85.Nowadays, there is no "Centre Stand" uniform but the ability to disparage anything and everything remains intact.

That's the main reason I sit as far away as possible. Even sat in the away end a few times to get peace from them. Martin Canning's old man should've done the same 😆

51 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Still thinking the 10000 seater rule is in place.

'How will Ayr and Killie manage to ground share if Ayr go up?' Is something I've heard.  Think it was before when we drew them at home in the playoffs in 18/19.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, I have a football hipster mate who is into all manner of football podcasts and quotes stuff like Why England Lose all the time. We’ll be in the pub after games, sometimes with other mates’ actual da’s and this guy will be piping up about XG and packing stats or whatever.

I’m probably closer to him than the auld yins in terms of how I view the game but I’m still tempted to pretend otherwise and call him a poof or something.

3 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Ayr cannae afford to go up.

The 'board dont want us to go up' is often heard amongst yer da's!

My late 'da' used to infuriate an adolescent me by insisting on muttering 'hit it son' whenever anyone was in range of a shot at goal. Now dont get me wrong I wish Ayr would have a go from range more often! Only problem was he would do it when it was the opposition too!! Annoyed the hell out of me.

Edited by paulbrucerick

23 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

Is it 'yer da' types that shout about the ball not touching the line at corners? (Even though it doesn't have to)

They're sad that can't shout for "steps" when the keeper has it any more. They console themselves with at least 3 "foul throw" shouts per game.

5 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

On the opposite side of the spectrum, I have a football hipster mate who is into all manner of football podcasts and quotes stuff like Why England Lose all the time. We’ll be in the pub after games, sometimes with other mates’ actual da’s and this guy will be piping up about XG and packing stats or whatever.

I’m probably closer to him than the auld yins in terms of how I view the game but I’m still tempted to pretend otherwise and call him a poof or something.

On this subject what is a football hipster?

Is it a w****r who quotes Inverting the Pyramid and talks about XG?

Is it an #AMF w****r who despises the champions league, premiership and is more interested in 90s kit chat.

I'm definitely the second kind of w****r

Claiming that players aren't trying and/or and lazy, as well as showing no 'passion', usually when on a run of poor results, all whilst having zero concept of how confidence can affect players.

Edited by DA Baracus

9 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

On this subject what is a football hipster?

Is it a w****r who quotes Inverting the Pyramid and talks about XG?

Is it an #AMF w****r who despises the champions league, premiership and is more interested in 90s kit chat.

I'm definitely the second kind of w****r

I always thought being an AMF type was a bit "yer da" to be honest (I also fall into this camp). The XG guys are the boring VLs who have no interest in the fun aspects of watching foot ball.

I've always thought football hipsters are the guys who like German football (support Union Berlin) and talk about Enganches and Liberos.

Claiming that players aren't trying and/or and lazy, as well as showing no 'passion', usually when on a run of poor results, all whilst having zero concept of how confidence can affect players.
This, never understood booing in the opening 5 minutes before anything has happened or at all tbh surely getting behind a team not playing their best and encouraging them is better than booing every time there is a stray pass.