The 'yer da' element of your support

53 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Agree with nearly all of this, but Larsson a diver? Got to disagree there.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

He wasn't a diver in the sense Petrov was. He was just very clever. Could shift his body weight to make contact seem much more than it was.

Cosgrove is very good at it for Aberdeen.

Not having that. Larsson was a great player but he was a diving cheating fucker tae. 

16 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Just cos you two plastic diddies team up doesn't mean yer right

My primary school team had a guy that came to coach and played us in the 2-3-5.
I was "outside left" in that. The confusion on 11 year old faces when told they were playing left half or inside right must been a sight.

Ok da.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Aye. The UEFA Cup final when Porto were a disgrace for diving. Against a team containing Larsson and Petrov.

Sutton and Hartson getting away with elbows every week as they 'shielded' the ball. Bobo Balde getting away with horrendous tackles every weeks as the commentators wpould chuckle "you've been Bobo'd".

I mind Balde didn't get away with even half the shit he did in domestic games in European ones.

For Royals fans, it's "David Glass was still a crappy owner post-2009 and had nothing to do with getting to the World Series in 14 or winning it in 15. And he should have spent more to be competitive in 16."

For Chiefs fans (granted, these are all 2 years old), it's "Alex Smith was going to get us to the Super Bowl if..."  or  "Andy Reid doesn't know how to manage the clock" or "we should have kept (enter over-the-hill player here) to another contract, and that would've solved all our problems."

Thanks for humoring me if you actually read this even though it had nothing to do with the SPFL.

10 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

This is more of a general one, but when a player goes out on loan, fans of his parent club saying "take care of him" on social media.  He's off to play football, not fight in a warzone! 

Who started that?  Was it Ajax with Van De Beek going to United?  May have been Van Der Sar saying it.  I've seen a few Rangers fans saying it to The Caley about Kai Kennedy.

1 hour ago, AmericanFan said:

For Royals fans, it's "David Glass was still a crappy owner post-2009 and had nothing to do with getting to the World Series in 14 or winning it in 15. And he should have spent more to be competitive in 16."

For Chiefs fans (granted, these are all 2 years old), it's "Alex Smith was going to get us to the Super Bowl if..."  or  "Andy Reid doesn't know how to manage the clock" or "we should have kept (enter over-the-hill player here) to another contract, and that would've solved all our problems."

Thanks for humoring me if you actually read this even though it had nothing to do with the SPFL.

Read it twice but none the wiser 

12 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

That's what made me post it.  It's a really weird term.  He's not going to play in the traffic and drink poison!

Even if he was injured it's not as if he's in the first team plans of his parent club anyway.

30 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Cheers. Probably because I didn't explain it very well.

I think if you want SPFL examples of similar to your KC Chiefs ones, it would be Dundee fans claiming that shite manager/pundit Neil McCann "would've kept them up", despite building a shite squad and having them near the bottom constantly.

You also had Saints fans claiming Chris Millar shouldve been kept on, despite going about 12 months without finishing a game because he kept breaking down with injuries.

On 08/10/2020 at 23:32, Highland Capital said:

This is more of a general one, but when a player goes out on loan, fans of his parent club saying "take care of him" on social media.  He's off to play football, not fight in a warzone! 

It's totally acceptable when players are being sent to Ayrshire, tbf.