The 'yer da' element of your support

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Call a player 'The Invisible Man' if they've had an inconspicuous game, most often a striker if they don't score.

Patter 

Being overly sensitive to a little jesting

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Sad thing is the Failed Franchise have now been going longer in the League than Meadowbank did.

Surely that means they aren't really a failed franchise then? They're surely close to being an established club, if not one already. 

They're older than a couple of clubs across the leagues as well.

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Surely that means they aren't really a failed franchise then? They're surely close to being an established club, if not one already. 

They're older than a couple of clubs across the leagues as well.

Rangers yes, struggling with others. 

"the Celtic way" 

Sorry if that's been said but I am starting to read this thread ans I am only on page 2. 

This is used when someone (usually a foreigner) has done something naughty or incorrect. "It's not the Celtic way".

In reality it's a lot of shite.

Recently - People complaining about the PPV price. Ours has been set at £12.50. Small amount of Yer Da's screaming about how that's unreasonable and should be £10.

Secondly, jokes about the Dundee vote. Few were absolute zingers about 3 month ago but every time Dundee put up the signing emoji on Twitter there's a whole raft of Rangers and Hearts fans saying, 'That you finally sending the fax!!!!'

Finally, you're a confirmed 'Yer Da' if you still use fucking fax machines.

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

"the Celtic way" 

Sorry if that's been said but I am starting to read this thread ans I am only on page 2. 

This is used when someone (usually a foreigner) has done something naughty or incorrect. "It's not the Celtic way".

Aye. The UEFA Cup final when Porto were a disgrace for diving. Against a team containing Larsson and Petrov.

Sutton and Hartson getting away with elbows every week as they 'shielded' the ball. Bobo Balde getting away with horrendous tackles every weeks as the commentators wpould chuckle "you've been Bobo'd".

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Recently - People complaining about the PPV price. Ours has been set at £12.50. Small amount of Yer Da's screaming about how that's unreasonable and should be £10.

Secondly, jokes about the Dundee vote. Few were absolute zingers about 3 month ago but every time Dundee put up the signing emoji on Twitter there's a whole raft of Rangers and Hearts fans saying, 'That you finally sending the fax!!!!'

Finally, you're a confirmed 'Yer Da' if you still use fucking fax machines.

What’s a fax machine?

"the Celtic way" 

[emoji256][emoji1081][emoji119]quote-celtic-jerseys-are-not-for-second-best-they-don-t-shrink-to-fit-inferior-players-jock-stein-77-24-81.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Aye. The UEFA Cup final when Porto were a disgrace for diving. Against a team containing Larsson and Petrov.

Sutton and Hartson getting away with elbows every week as they 'shielded' the ball. Bobo Balde getting away with horrendous tackles every weeks as the commentators wpould chuckle "you've been Bobo'd".

Agree with nearly all of this, but Larsson a diver? Got to disagree there.

50 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Agree with nearly all of this, but Larsson a diver? Got to disagree there.

He wasn't a diver in the sense Petrov was. He was just very clever. Could shift his body weight to make contact seem much more than it was.

Cosgrove is very good at it for Aberdeen.

On 07/09/2020 at 14:22, LIVIFOREVER said:

10. A call for synthetic pitches to be banned (just from the top flight), "never seen a good game of football played on plastic", a typical da type rambling.

On 07/09/2020 at 14:39, Academically Deficient said:

Correct. Cos apparently the ball doesn't bounce in a natural fashion.

However, most footage of Scottish football from the 60s to the 90s* shows that the game was played on a combination of mud, sand and the odd bit of grass from October on. The ball would sometimes stop dead in a puddle of water.

* Motherwell, as true Yer Da holdouts, carried on with this until about 5 years ago. Legends.

Just cos you two plastic diddies team up doesn't mean yer right

On 25/09/2020 at 09:51, LongTimeLurker said:

We should still be playing 2-3-5 and nane o this 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 shite was a regular refrain in the 1970s. Played in a 2-3-5  in my first ever organised game because the coach was a former Kilmarnock player (so he claimed anyway) who saw things that way. Slamming a ball repeatedly into a wall until none of us flinched and getting a guy he knew from the pub who was just out of jail to instruct us on how to slyly batter opposition players being highlights of his coaching methods. Every generation had to deal with an older generation that had its share of nutters. Think it's the Young Fogeys going on an on about schools being the elephant in the room we really need to keep an eye on though.

My primary school team had a guy that came to coach and played us in the 2-3-5.
I was "outside left" in that. The confusion on 11 year old faces when told they were playing left half or inside right must been a sight.