The 'yer da' element of your support

3 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Don't believe in complicated stuff like 'tactics' and think their team should "just attack and play our own game".

Don't care about fancy things like 'formations'.

“We should just focus on ourselves and let the opposition worry about us” etc. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Bloody foreigners just don't understand  how Ash Taylor conducts himself at set pieces. 

Was listening on the radio while out walking the dug last night. That was my main observation from the game also that EVERY time a set piece went into the box it was just automatically a foul. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Was listening on the radio while out walking the dug last night. That was my main observation from the game also that EVERY time a set piece went into the box it was just automatically a foul. 

Combination of fussy ref but also us not learning our lesson/

17 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Don't believe in complicated stuff like 'tactics' and think their team should "just attack and play our own game"...

We should still be playing 2-3-5 and nane o this 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 shite was a regular refrain in the 1970s. Played in a 2-3-5  in my first ever organised game because the coach was a former Kilmarnock player (so he claimed anyway) who saw things that way. Slamming a ball repeatedly into a wall until none of us flinched and getting a guy he knew from the pub who was just out of jail to instruct us on how to slyly batter opposition players being highlights of his coaching methods. Every generation had to deal with an older generation that had its share of nutters. Think it's the Young Fogeys going on an on about schools being the elephant in the room we really need to keep an eye on though.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

15 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I can just hear Charlie Nicolas saying "yer Spartanses.. yer Civil Service Strollerses...." 

Ha! He's a main offender.

I've never hears anyone use it correctly. It's supposed to be a generalisation, so if naming a team it would mean teams similar to said team, and if naming a player would mean players similar to said player. However anyone who uses it goes on to name similar teams and players.

It's a shite way of expressing things anyway.

9 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Refusing to fully write the name of yer team's rivals or a player you don't like.

Haha, whenever I log on to one of the Old Firm forums prior to a game vs us, the thread title's always 'Rangers v St. Mirren', always

@Div has made it so that 'M1dden' is autocorrected to 'Mirren'. Class! 

Edited by Ralstonite

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

The Hearts fans online have really just became a collective da'. 

"Taste of your own medicine"

"It tastes so sweet"

"You're all getting what you deserve"

They really are a bunch of thick c***s, celebrating as Scottish football goes into financial ruin because of the covid19 lockdown, like being on the Titanic as it sinks, shouting out loud telling everyone you'll be alright because you've just learned to swim.