The 'yer da' element of your support

Making creepy, unsolicited comments to young female supporters on Twitter is a very typical 'yer da' trait. This isn't just exclusive to one club, though- something that really unites 'da' types of all footballing persuasions across the length and breadth of the UK. 

10 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

"Sack him! If I don't do my job I'd get sacked...no questions asked!"

"Why does he not do the decent thing and walk away, I would!"

Ah, the old 'should walk away' nonsense! Classic stuff.

On 05/09/2020 at 15:30, DA Baracus said:

Thankfully the vast majority of Pars on here are fine.

All the das use DAFC.net.

Is it maybe an age thing? My old line manager was a pars fan, top guy, very knowledgable about football but he read DAFC net.

42 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Be furious if a play dares to smile or laugh after a defeat. 

They almost combust with rage if a player dares to be out after a defeat.

They shouldn’t be out after that disgrace,  ah’d have them in the morra doing double sessions.   These guys don’t care. 

Hibs da's are a fascinating species, and as @Alan Stubbs has already correctly pointed out, they tend to fall into two distinct variants - a bit like squirrels.

The happy clappers tend to sit in the West, the Famous Five or the centre of the East. Their kids go with them every week. I tend to think they're a little bit posher but this isn't always the case. Some traits of theirs include:

- Leaping to the defence of Lewis Stevenson under any and all circumstances

- Almost certainly have a .net account, whether they post regularly or not depends on their level of sanity

- Convinced that, though Aberdeen may finish above us every season by many points, they prefer watching Hibs - an alleged flair team - draw with Killie

- A slightly unhealthy obsession with the progress of John McGinn's career

- Leeann Dempster can do nothing wrong, despite the objective fiasco that has been loyalty points etc

Meanwhile I've found the moaners are more likely to drink at Tamson's, Strathie's or The Four in Hand (RIP), are possibly bald and/or divorced, and maybe a bit more "gid" and "hoanest". They sit on the wings of the East and maybe the cheap seats in the FF Lower, and anywhere they can when Hearts come and they remember they're actually a lifelong attendee. Traits include:

- "We could've signed Griffiths for 180k but that pennypinching Petrie!!!" - a general hatred of Petrie/love of Paul Kane applies here

- Sexist and/or homophobic remarks and/or allusions towards Dempster

- An undying belief that Lennon was a managerial genius and we should've just allowed him to let us plummet lower than eighth in the table

- Hated Alan Stubbs while he was manager and have now rewrote their own history to pretend they actually loved him

- Most likely was a lapsed season ticket holder up until a certain date in May 2016 when something happened, and suddenly all those principled reasons they had for no longer going to Easter Road vanished into thin air

What both parties share, however, is a complete inability to grasp any sense of perspective when Hearts turn up and beat us at Easter Road yet again. You'd think thirty or forty or even fifty years of experiencing it might have numbed them, but it hasn't one bit. God bless the da's.

Edited by HibsFan

On 09/09/2020 at 13:43, Coventry Saint said:

I was at a Newcastle game in 2012 and there was a wonderful collective Da moment as the referee was pacing out the distance for a defensive wall... and only counted nine yards. The entire stadium erupted as 50,000 Geordie Das proved they'd been sitting there counting as he walked, just to keep him honest

Or his last two steps are wee short ones so he doesn't have to move the wall back from where it is.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Hibs da's are a fascinating species, and as [mention=61927]Alan Stubbs[/mention] has already correctly pointed out, they tend to fall into two distinct variants - a bit like squirrels.
The happy clappers tend to sit in the West, the Famous Five or the centre of the East. Their kids go with them every week. I tend to think they're a little bit posher but this isn't always the case. Some traits of theirs include:
- Leaping to the defence of Lewis Stevenson under any and all circumstances
- Almost certainly have a .net account, whether they post regularly or not depends on their level of sanity
- Convinced that, though Aberdeen may finish above us every season by many points, they prefer watching Hibs - an alleged flair team - draw with Killie
- A slightly unhealthy obsession with the progress of John McGinn's career
- Leeann Dempster can do nothing wrong, despite the objective fiasco that has been loyalty points etc
Meanwhile I've found the moaners are more likely to drink at Tamson's, Strathie's or The Four in Hand (RIP), are possibly bald and/or divorced, and maybe a bit more "gid" and "hoanest". They sit on the wings of the East and maybe the cheap seats in the FF Lower, and anywhere they can when Hearts come and they remember they're actually a lifelong attendee. Traits include:
- "We could've signed Griffiths for 180k but that pennypinching Petrie!!!" - a general hatred of Petrie/love of Paul Kane applies here
- Sexist and/or homophobic remarks and/or allusions towards Dempster
- An undying belief that Lennon was a managerial genius and we should've just allowed him to let us plummet lower than eighth in the table
- Hated Alan Stubbs while he was manager and have now rewrote their own history to pretend they actually loved him
- Most likely was a lapsed season ticket holder up until a certain date in May 2016 when something happened, and suddenly all those principled reasons they had for no longer going to Easter Road vanished into thin air
What both parties share, however, is a complete inability to grasp any sense of perspective when Hearts turn up and beat us at Easter Road yet again. You'd think thirty or forty or even fifty years of experiencing it might have numbed them, but it hasn't one bit. God bless the da's.
Your second variant is 100% the "ah used to be CCS" crowd.