The 'yer da' element of your support

10 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I think this admittedly more tends to be younger people, but replying directly to the official account on Twitter when the line-up is announced for a game. It's usually stuff like "Where's [Insert Player Name]?" or folk asking the person running the account what the formation is going to be. It's like some folk think that the manager is also running the social media accounts and are expecting him to reply to them. If you want to moan or ask stupid questions about a line-up, you should do it on a forum. 

The whole "announce xxxx" or "that's a funny way to spell Xxx" reply from young people to every tweet is peak gimp patter as well. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

This can't be exclusive to St Mirren, but typically yer da's solution to every on-pitch problem is to add more attacking players to the starting line-up - to any part of the pitch - without any consideration of the formation the team plays, of who to remove, or the balance that will have on the team.

51 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

This can't be exclusive to St Mirren, but typically yer da's solution to every on-pitch problem is to add more attacking players to the starting line-up - to any part of the pitch - without any consideration of the formation the team plays, of who to remove, or the balance that will have on the team.

As such, given his recent outpourings of wisdom, Random Guy is doubling up as our "yer da" as well as St Johnstone's.

I'm not a yer da type regarding football.  However I am with regards to music.  Was just somewhere where Radio 1 was playing and fuck me, geez the 90s early 00s back.  I'm 35.

2 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Further yer da symptoms:

1. a call for all coloured boots to be banned

2. brainless applause of a studs-up, two-footed, 100mph tackle on a combine harvester and intolerant of any effort less than that;

3. MOANGITTHEBA'UPTHEPARK and an intolerance of 'tippy-tappy' football; claiming that standards are much worse than in their day despite favouring a cretinous, route-one, zero skill-all-physicality style;

4. Roaring STEPPPPPPPPPSSSSS every time the keeper takes a few too many whilst holding the ball; see also FOUL SHY

5. calling for the youth team to be fielded and the local junior teams to be scouted for recruits after a run of poor performances;

6. denying hard-wired sexism on the basis of having voted for Ruth Davidson and once having held the door open for the tea lady;

7. Agreeing with Tam Cowan

8. Not only buying newspapers but actually taking Keith Jackson seriously;

9. A false aura of footballing expertise having once had a call taken by Clyde Super Scoreboard a decade ago, and having had a five minute chat with the manager after kidnapping him in hospitality;

10. A call for synthetic pitches to be banned (just from the top flight), "never seen a good game of football played on plastic", a typical da type rambling.

11 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

10. A call for synthetic pitches to be banned (just from the top flight), "never seen a good game of football played on plastic", a typical da type rambling.

Correct. Cos apparently the ball doesn't bounce in a natural fashion.

However, most footage of Scottish football from the 60s to the 90s* shows that the game was played on a combination of mud, sand and the odd bit of grass from October on. The ball would sometimes stop dead in a puddle of water.

* Motherwell, as true Yer Da holdouts, carried on with this until about 5 years ago. Legends.

We seem to have two camps. Unbelievably moany c***s who seen to hate everyone associated with the club and folk who will call you a c**t for suggesting anyone has ever had a bad game.

It’s interesting to see because in reality, we’ve had some properly bang average players on the books for years. Not according to the Hibs da’s, who would either tell you that Paul Hanlon is a world beater or that they’re currently better than him.

13 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

We seem to have two camps. Unbelievably moany c***s who seen to hate everyone associated with the club and folk who will call you a c**t for suggesting anyone has ever had a bad game.

It’s interesting to see because in reality, we’ve had some properly bang average players on the books for years. Not according to the Hibs da’s, who would either tell you that Paul Hanlon is a world beater or that they’re currently better than him.

This... when my Da (R.I.P)used to bring(drag) me to football when I was a youngfella listening to his mates argue was much more entertaining than the game...  always one that said, especially anyone that came from the youth set up was the next Pele which was always contradicted by another saying he should be cleaning the dressing rooms because hes never a footballer... good times 🤣