Bonnyrigg Rose 2020-21

bravehearts dad

Well lads&lassies, Pre season training started , closed door friendliest on their way, fixtures possibly being announced soon. The new season would appear to be getting nearer can’t wait. Time now for the new season thread, if the new season is half as good as last year we could be in for some ride. Enjoy it one and all.

C’mon The Rose 

Well lads&lassies, Pre season training started , closed door friendliest on their way, fixtures possibly being announced soon. The new season would appear to be getting nearer can’t wait. Time now for the new season thread, if the new season is half as good as last year we could be in for some ride. Enjoy it one and all.

C’mon The Rose 
How much of ur squad have use kept since ur junior days? Also is the LL a harder league 2 win than the east juniors? This wosl were in for next season is gonnie be solid with talbot kilwinning medda hurlford n bags of money darvel. Dunno how my teams gonnie cope this season. I feel we shouldve jumped across 2 the east when we had the chance

Mon the papers

11 hours ago, craigiemack said:

where do you think you will finish this year?

For me it was the right thing to jump to the EoS when we did even more so now that the WoS is now in. Without checking I reckon that about 50% of the squad were with us in the Juniors, so we have a strong backbone that have been with the club for 4/5 seasons. 
If we finish top 4-5 this season I would be happy. 
Our fan base has also increased considerably over the same period for matches home and away.

I agree with you, your club should have jumped earlier and joined the EoS

C’mon The Rose 

• 2 weeks later...

Things seem to be happening a bit more regularly now so hopefully no hiccups prior to the start of the season. Reckon this season will be much tougher with all teams on paper strengthening. Gonna be an exciting festive period( will have to be a teetotal one to remember it) and a very tough last 3 League games to complete the season.

So look forward to reading the match reports and highlights to come, sounds like a good run out last night against Broxburn. A couple of experienced players not listed I notice.

C’mon The Rose🌹🌹🌹

6 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Love the wee debate about the offside rule after the first goal.

Great call by the ref, he's behind the ball (or at least not in front of it). Cameraman talking about the ball going forward as if that makes a difference :lol:

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

Great call by the ref, he's behind the ball (or at least not in front of it). Cameraman talking about the ball going forward as if that makes a difference :lol:

Aye. That seems to be one of the most common misconceptions in football.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the day has finally arrived when we can get back to playing football  again. Will miss the genteel drive to Gala admiring the Autumn colours enroute. Hopefully we can return up the A7 with 3pts in the bag and onward and upward for the rest of the season. Will be sitting at home patiently waiting on the updates and biting what’s left of my finger nails.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Edited by bravehearts dad
Spelling

Well first home game of the season tonight. Will be interesting too see how the pitch holds up after the work done during the shutdown. Will now have to go and read up on how to access the live stream. Well done to The Rose and new media team for providing this service.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

• 2 weeks later...

So off to Stirling tonight to play the Uni. There won’t be any problems with water on the pitch. Would expect a difficult game as they have made a good start to the season. Reckon Robbie may have some selection problems. Will have to sit at home waiting for the updates whilst Channel hopping and hope we can return with 3pts.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹