The Top 50 Greatest Landfill Indie Songs of All-Time (Vice)

Miguel Sanchez

23 hours ago, virginton said:

Try thirteen. 

IMG_1730.jpg.503ad6f38e542a53da7aeb96cba4ec6a.jpg

2) Anyone who thought that The Guillemots were 'a British Arcade Fire' didn't actually listen to their debut album,

I mean, this is a moot point, as anything The Guillmots released has never came close to what Arcade Fire have ever released. So very telling you like them though, big yikes. 

Landfill indie always implied to me a band that were never able to progress beyond the very specific sound of indie music circa 2004-2010 which is why Arctic Monkeys being on this is so weird. They weren't even the same band by 2009 as they were in 2007 much less by Suck it and See and Tranquility Base.

Respect to the P&B Da Brigade as they desperately try to convince themselves that the Arctic Monkeys are terrible and that their decade had the best music ever, whilst simultaneously listening to Top Gear's "THE BEST AIR GUITAR DRIVING MUSIC ALBUM EVER: PART 6" on repeat.

Anyway, this was the high point of the landfill indie era:

20 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

I mean, this is a moot point, as anything The Guillmots released has never came close to what Arcade Fire have ever released. So very telling you like them though, big yikes. 

It's a moot point because they weren't actually producing a similar type of music at all, other than in a truly moronic 'oh look non guitar instruments!' hot take. 

No surprise to see you diving in for that one like a clown though, WeeperDee. 

3 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

That's correct pal. Skating should reach Perth any time soon, we've had it here since the 70s. 

Sound I’ll let you know when my old man starts dressing like Tony Hawk and hanging out with the teenagers down the skate park.