Companies and Services To Avoid

D.A.F.C

On 04/09/2020 at 15:15, tongue_tied_danny said:

Blacks is decent for camping and hillwalking gear, however, FootAsylum is strictly aimed at the sort of fuds who wear grey jogging bottoms with black trainers, ie neds, junkies and Arbroath supporters. 

For future reference, if wearing grey jogging bottoms, what colour of trainers should be worn? Grey?

I used to wear grey jogging bottoms about the house but recently I’ve been going for cargo shorts.

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

It's going to be sad after hard Brexit when we shit ourselves again and don't get independence and they deport all the nice Poles and Lithuanians and all our Highland hotels get staffed once more with the bored local youths like in the 90s.

On a distantly related note, I checked the Republic of Ireland’s population yesterday. They are now at just under 5 million. They were at 3.5 million last time I cared to check (the 90s). Have they been shagging like f**k or is this an influx of people from mainland Europe?

ROI are obviously not to be avoided, so this makes no sense, but there it is anyway.

Edited by Scary Bear

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

On a distantly related note, I checked the Republic of Ireland’s population yesterday. They are now at just under 5 million. They were at 3.5 million last time I cared to check (the 90s). Have they been shagging like f**k 

Pat Mustard has been busy...

Shout out to talk talk, trying to get any type of contact is a ballache and a half. Online chat gets you nowhere and over the phone trying to have a conversation with someone the other side of the world ( who’s doing their best may I add) took me around half and hour to get to the issue i was having ( intermittent broadband) Having worked in a call centre for Sky broadband I relatively know what to do and what checks need done to get openreach out to look at the line and yet we still haven’t got there after 2 calls and several tries at online chat that genuinely take over an hour.

Will be going back to sky ASAP as we had 0 issues over the last few years but moved for cash back offer and fixed price for the length of the contract.

11 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Shout out to talk talk, trying to get any type of contact is a ballache and a half. Online chat gets you nowhere and over the phone trying to have a conversation with someone the other side of the world ( who’s doing their best may I add) took me around half and hour to get to the issue i was having ( intermittent broadband) Having worked in a call centre for Sky broadband I relatively know what to do and what checks need done to get openreach out to look at the line and yet we still haven’t got there after 2 calls and several tries at online chat that genuinely take over an hour.

Will be going back to sky ASAP as we had 0 issues over the last few years but moved for cash back offer and fixed price for the length of the contract.

Only took 6 hours via twitter help but finally had openreach assigned to look at the line.

Hermes has been great for me so far as it’s usually the same guy who delivers and he’s really good. 
Unfortunately he must have had a day off on Tuesday because the parcel that they claim to have posted through my letterbox has clearly been posted through someone else’s letterbox instead, because it wasn’t delivered to me. I’ve e-mailed Hermes and heard f**k-all so far.
Hermes are great for me too. Usually get the same driver all the time, they get familiar with my address quickly (thanks to Mrs B) and therefore alwyas just leave stuff round the back rather than fannying about taking it elsewhere. Current driver is an absolute wid and a really nice lassie (as described previously) and the one before that was bordering on being my daughters' best pal. They absolutely loved her and were over the moon every time she came to the door.

On 05/09/2020 at 18:40, Hedgecutter said:

Tricky to tell whether they're genuinely nice people or c***s instructed to do it by management in order to outdo ASDA across the road. 

Why Huntly merits two large  supermarkets is beyond me anyway. 

I can tell you that there was never intention to have both asda and tesco in Huntly. 

They both applied for planning at roughly the same time, each expecting the other to withdraw thier application when they saw the other had applied. 

However neither did. Also Tesco originally wanted and cafe with no fuel outlet. 

ASDA wanted fuel without the cafe. 

Also for a long time after its opening Tesco  Huntly, was make five figure losses every week. 

Tesco has Elgin, Keith, Inverurie and Westhill, within a 50 mile radius all bigger stores than Huntly 

14 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

I can tell you that there was never intention to have both asda and tesco in Huntly. 

They both applied for planning at roughly the same time, each expecting the other to withdraw thier application when they saw the other had applied. 

However neither did. Also Tesco originally wanted and cafe with no fuel outlet. 

ASDA wanted fuel without the cafe. 

Also for a long time after its opening Tesco  Huntly, was make five figure losses every week. 

Tesco has Elgin, Keith, Inverurie and Westhill, within a 50 mile radius all bigger stores than Huntly 

I just wish there was anywhere at all to get breakfast in the centre of Huntly on a Sunday morning. Last time I was there was before the lockdown, freezing, and 2 hours to wait for a train.