FC London Scottish

10 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Not even in an amateur capacity?   Which the lower levels of the English pyramid are.

You would probably be at the first game, given a chance.;)

ETA - If we could get poach @The_Kincardine away from Wycombe Wanderers, I could imagine both you enjoying a pint at the game,  in yer Glenngarry caps

It would drip out of it...

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting idea, already have some clubs in the English pyramid for overseas people, .FC Romania, Deportivo,Punjab,Assyria (I think)  New Salamis (maybe)  London Welsh, Scottish ,Irish reached their level without getting great crowds, and now Guernsey and Jersey are members who knows. A sneaky way for the OF to enter the English League, crafty swines.

On 03/09/2020 at 17:06, Sergeant Wilson said:

There isn't a snowball's chance in Hell that an idea like this would get anywhere.

You’re prepared to stand by this statement when there is a team called Hashtag United on the go?

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

You’re prepared to stand by this statement when there is a team called Hashtag United on the go?

Yes, Hashtag are a niche club that originate from a social media base. It seems to work to a degree. (They're on the BBC website tonight in the FA Cup.) But they probably won't  make much impact or progress very high in the pyramid.

Up here clubs like Caledonian Braves, BSC Glasgow etc have set up and have funding models that don't  rely on physical attendance of supporters. A London Scottish club as suggested is appealing to a demographic that doesn't exist or it'll need to be funded from another source. Who would be interested in doing that long term?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

23 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Yes, Hashtag are a niche club that originate from a social media base. It seems to work to a degree. (They're on the BBC website tonight in the FA Cup.) But they probably won't  make much impact or progress very high in the pyramid.

Up here clubs like Caledonian Braves, BSC Glasgow etc have set up and have funding models that don't  rely on physical attendance of supporters. A London Scottish club as suggested is appealing to a demographic that doesn't exist or it'll need to be funded from another source. Who would be interested in doing that long term?

Scottish ex-pats love football and love a club. A certain type would be right up for this. Especially if it has a social club supplying cheap drink.

13 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Scottish ex-pats love football and love a club. A certain type would be right up for this. Especially if it has a social club supplying cheap drink.

Based where, would these latent, fervrent patriots, pass all the other pubs, social clubs and football grounds to support this new entity?

Apart from the OP I haven't seen any demand and I was going to non league games in London fairly recently.

Although Romanians are fairly well spread out in London there's also areas where they have congregated like parts of Waltham Forest. Same goes for most diasporas. So they can aim to have a part of London to base themselves in. (Although I think FC Romania are playing in Bedford(?) that's easy enough to get from Northeast London. 

Scots in London are far more spread out. Even if they could find a groundshare I doubt folk living in Wimbledon or Wembley or Dagenham would make the effort if they were playing in Haringey for instance. 

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Based where, would these latent, fervrent patriots, pass all the other pubs, social clubs and football grounds to support this new entity?

Apart from the OP I haven't seen any demand and I was going to non league games in London fairly recently.

I saw this film, build it and they will come. If they don’t I suppose there would be some problems. It’ll probably be fine.

Attendance would be mandatory for SNP MPs I assume. Scots visitors may be interested in taking in a game. Stag weekends. Would Scots down there as students be interested? Or any Scot settled there who would like to see the dark blue of the national team more than a half dozen times a year?

It might depend on if there were actually any Scots in the team - an annual quota of Scottish youths, maybe, on some sort of development scholarship? Depends on the level the team reached, if they played centrally enough, or toured about. 

Try it and see what happens?

1 hour ago, Oldster said:

Attendance would be mandatory for SNP MPs I assume. Scots visitors may be interested in taking in a game. Stag weekends. Would Scots down there as students be interested? Or any Scot settled there who would like to see the dark blue of the national team more than a half dozen times a year?

It might depend on if there were actually any Scots in the team - an annual quota of Scottish youths, maybe, on some sort of development scholarship? Depends on the level the team reached, if they played centrally enough, or toured about. 

Try it and see what happens?

Ok, how much are you willing to contribute to start up costs?

£100. Plus another £500 if the government pays me if I have to self isolate.

I think people respond to what they identify with and loyalty comes from that.

But you can't make a sow's purse out of a silk ear so maybe it's a non-starter.

10 hours ago, Oldster said:

£100. Plus another £500 if the government pays me if I have to self isolate.

I think people respond to what they identify with and loyalty comes from that.

But you can't make a sow's purse out of a silk ear so maybe it's a non-starter.

You're going to need to find a few hundred others. Then find a management committee in the chosen location. It's all.falling in to place.