The Wildcat Douglas Ross Experiment

Ludo*1

On 10/10/2020 at 14:39, tam the bud said:

Running the line at the Luxembourg v Cyprus game.
Also did the England v Wales game on thursday.
How on earth can he find the time to be a MP and also be leader of the Scottish Tories emoji848.png

Maybe unlike some, he has a good work ethic. That said, he is a limp noodle and completely ineffective.

I know for a fact that Dross was shitting himself during the Moray election count in 2019 as the counting started to show a considerable gain by the SNP's Laura Mitchell and eventually Dross won with a vastly reduced majority he had in 2017 when he beat Angus Robertson by 4,159 votes, in 2017 Mitchell reduced this to 513, a real slap in the face for the arrogant wee tory.

And all credit to Laura Mitchell who recently donated a kidney to her mother.

the fact Douglas Ross is the best they can throw at the Scottish question leaves me thinking they don't take it seriously.

You can make excuses about him being a linesman but they wouldn't have the Brexit negotiator appearing to work part time.  

I think London are setting themselves out to simply deny Scotland any new referendum regardless of the views expressed.  It's a catalanisation of Scotland in the making.

if you support independence, you probably need to go through the motions of seeing Scotland's right to decide denied before taking any other more serous action.  unfortunately, I see a lot of parallels in Scottish society to Catalonia now.  I feel like a substantial minority would boycott a wildcat vote.  if that precedent is set, it's very hard to gain ground even if a majority want it.  The time to set out a plan B is when you are sure enough people consider a vote legitimate and that is why looking for over 60% support rather than over 50% is preferential.  A slow build up of resentment, organically younger voters coming onto the register is the goal and changing of Scotland's civic society from unionist to nationalist.  The main issue is the age of the SNP being in power and time breeds contempt.  The SNP have also become less the agitator and more the manager in Scotland.

27 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I see Stormzy is a big fan of the Forres Fuckwit.

I'm not a big fan, I'm just less of a fan of the sheer unchecked nonsense that gets posted here about Unionists or people who have chosen to vote for Brexit or Tories etc.. I'm a centrist trying to reign in the nutters by giving them little red dots... 

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I think this is why they're looking at >50% pro independence now. I don't much like it as it's usually what happens when a party has run out of ideas and attracts folk who aren't interested in doing anything radical, but it would appear to be popular with Scots.

Sure.  But it's time limited as Labour found out.

46 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I think this is why they're looking at >50% pro independence now. I don't much like it as it's usually what happens when a party has run out of ideas and attracts folk who aren't interested in doing anything radical, but it would appear to be popular with Scots.

I'm no great fan of the Indy or nothing types and even less of the UltraYoons. 

I think it's even simpler than that. Sturgeon is  generally consistent and offers strong leadership. Despite the hostility of the dying Scottish print media, she has a good tv profile and is generally quite likeable. She isn't a gambler nor is she arrogant and blustery like Salmond.

Theres a lot of pretty average to poor SNP MSPs out there but theres a few really good ones like Kate Forbes who is sharp as they come. When you contrast what is in opposition to them both on the Tory and Labour benches at Holyrood and the clusterfuck pantomime that is Westminster then they've had a near free run at things. I don't see that changing any time soon.

Ross is generally unimpressive from what I've seen.  But he hasn't had the fawning media PR nonsense that gave Ruth Davidson a free pass from being shown up as the lazy MSP and shouty, principle free zone she is.  

On 13/10/2020 at 22:26, Stormzy said:

I'm not a big fan, I'm just less of a fan of the sheer unchecked nonsense that gets posted here about Unionists or people who have chosen to vote for Brexit or Tories etc.. I'm a centrist trying to reign in the nutters by giving them little red dots... 

Guessing that people who are reined in by red dots on a football forum are not genuine nutters

4 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

Guessing that people who are reined in by red dots on a football forum are not genuine nutters

Yeah the reigning in part was a bit of a joke. If anything it just slightly annoys them, proven by the fact 3 or 4 of them check my recent posts to dot me.. There has been 2 or 3 posters here that are clearly able to have discussion and aren't far left/ far right/nationalist weirdos but they are certainly in the minority. 

Yeah the reigning in part was a bit of a joke. If anything it just slightly annoys them, proven by the fact 3 or 4 of them check my recent posts to dot me.. There has been 2 or 3 posters here that are clearly able to have discussion and aren't far left/ far right/nationalist weirdos but they are certainly in the minority. 
I'm not even sure we all bother reading your posts first tbh. As you freely admitted you only visited the Indyref thread to wind folk up, your opinions/posts are of absolutely no value.

8 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

I'm perplexed, isn't Miriam Brett an SNP candidate?

She stood in 2017 but I've not heard of her being a candidate this time round.

Given the importance of the constitutional debate it's really important that panels don't just have the SNP and the rest are unionists, so she's a decent choice.