The Wildcat Douglas Ross Experiment

Ludo*1

There's a new programme on telly to help folk learn Gaelic. (Quite good, it's got that Joy Dunlop on it.) 
In the interests of fairness to our southern neighbours, if they are going to feature Scots on Gogglebox, maybe someone needs to dig out the "Parliamo Glasgow" and broadcast it to give them a chance of keeping up? Classics like "layaff, yanyaff" and "hoora boorit?" can't be lost. 
Would better if they picked a family not from the Greater Glasgow area.

23 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
6 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:
There's a new programme on telly to help folk learn Gaelic. (Quite good, it's got that Joy Dunlop on it.) 
In the interests of fairness to our southern neighbours, if they are going to feature Scots on Gogglebox, maybe someone needs to dig out the "Parliamo Glasgow" and broadcast it to give them a chance of keeping up? Classics like "layaff, yanyaff" and "hoora boorit?" can't be lost. 

Would better if they picked a family not from the Greater Glasgow area.

Dunno about that.  When I was a student, I worked in Inverness for a while.  One pal was from Aberdeen, another was from Shetland.  Once they started up it was unintelligible. PARLIAMO GLASGOW? More like "Parliamo Zefukkwizzat? "

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

What a fucking loser Dougie Ross is.  Couldnt fucking trust the c**t as far as you could throw him.

You mean by claiming expanses for days when he was allegedly running the line makes him untrustworthy well I never.

DRoss today said "his government" as in BJs administration.

I quite like his cute wee strategy of pretending that the Tories in this country as compared to he ones union wide are different entities.

A Tory is a Tory is a Toly and DRoss was elected on BJs ticket.

Somehow he thinks that many will be fooled into thinking that in comparison to others, he isn't so bad.

Actually, he might be right.

22 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

DRoss knows fine well that Johnson remaining as leader will see the Tory vote in Scotland crash, and with it his own constituency seat and political career.

That is a fair point but it isn't my one and I rather think that his strategy of pretending to be different is a free shot and also a nice bit of positioning for the upcoming referendum.

After all, come what may, one in five in this country, come what may, actually vote for them (the tolies) so there is nothing to lose.

11 hours ago, sophia said:

That is a fair point but it isn't my one and I rather think that his strategy of pretending to be different is a free shot and also a nice bit of positioning for the upcoming referendum.

After all, come what may, one in five in this country, come what may, actually vote for them (the tolies) so there is nothing to lose.

Do you honestly think there'll be another referendum?

I think Ross would just rather Johnson was away because he's a liability in general.  I don't think it's anything to do with a referendum.

Liz Smith had the whole of the nation, or at least those listening to the wireless and tuned into radio Scotland, this morning as an audience, the opportunity and the floor belonged to her.

The question put: what is your big idea to reform the Scottish economy?

Her big idea ...

Reform business rates.

Yes, that's the big Toly idea, reform business rates.

No philosophy, no profundity, nothing of common humanity, not even a hint of our environment, just cheaper business rates for their chums.

Charlatans.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

Liz Smith had the whole of the nation, or at least those listening to the wireless and tuned into radio Scotland, this morning as an audience, the opportunity and the floor belonged to her.

Her big idea ...

Reform business rates.

No philosophy, no profundity, nothing of common humanity, not even a hint of our environment, just cheaper business rates for their chums.

Charlatans.

The good Liz Smith would be more effective and have more to say, despite having been dead for five years.

E7A4C1D9-65A9-4CD0-97EA-1FC33659B7E0.jpeg

1 hour ago, sophia said:

Her big idea ...

Reform business rates.

Charlatans.

What's wrong with reforming business rates?

15 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

What's wrong with reforming business rates?

I'm way past the stage in life to give any of my time to someone so infantile that presents a fan of wrestling so it is for the best and in order that you are removed from the temptation to respond to me, that you add me to your burgeoning list 

1 minute ago, sophia said:

I'm way past the stage in life to give any of my time to someone so infantile that presents a fan of wrestling so it is for the best and in order that you are removed from the temptation to respond to me, that you add me to your burgeoning list 

I'd prefer if you just told me what's wrong with reforming business rates to be honest.

Why does it make you so cross?

11 minutes ago, sophia said:

Aye, better to be added to Stormzy's expanding list than to respond to his trolling shite.

Hopefully calling him a c*nt will get me my place on the list.

15 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Aye, better to be added to Stormzy's expanding list than to respond to his trolling shite.

Hopefully calling him a c*nt will get me my place on the list.

sorry to jump on this bandwagon but i would also like to call Stormzy a c*nt....hope you dont mind