The Wildcat Douglas Ross Experiment

Ludo*1

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

I watched the Tory PPB after Scotland Today, but I thought I was watching a comedy movie.

image.thumb.png.71d35707f750f57c037fb2df73c884d5.png

Leading a campaign broadcast whilst not seeking to be elected to that Parliament, and the other trying to sneak a seat in one Parliament while keeping his broad posterior in another one--just about sums up the desperate duo. But it is designed to keep their base turn out so maybe correct.

9 hours ago, Pato said:

2nd only to Salmond in the disliked stakes

image.thumb.png.22ad309c6c40201c67a7dead97c2721e.png

How old are some of those pictures now. Dearie me.

It's like we've stumbled upon their dating profiles.

Was sent a link to the Scottish Tories PPB and it was just awful. The whole thing is based around stopping the SNP and nothing on what the Tories can offer Scotland (not that they have much to offer in the first place).

The footballing equivalent of every man behind the ball for 90 mins.

Edited by zidane's child

Listened for the full hour and Ross absolutely nailed the fact he is a political lightweight.

Nicola is going to tear him up for arse paper during FMQ's.

Look how much of a fool a party leader newcomer like Sarwar made of Ross in that TV debate.

I have to admit, I was one of those happily writing Sarwar off as a complete simpleton during the leadership contest, but I've been pleasantly surprised by the fact that he does seem to recognise that there's no mileage in parroting endless 'SNPBad' for Slab, and that Ross and his clown troupe are by far and away the obvious candidate if you are going to attack an opponent along the lines of  'what the f**k are these idiots thinking/doing?'.

I could never countenance voting SLab as long as they remain committed to the Union, and I do accept there's an argument that having ScotCon as the opposition here is actually of benefit to the Indi cause, but I do think that for far too long Slab's obsession with the SNP has worked to their detriment rather than benefit, and a part of me does think that Scots politics would be far the better if the SNP SG was being challenged by a resurgent Slab opposition, rather than a bunch of single-issue fleg-shagging yoon morons.

Edited by Boo Khaki

The whole SNPbad argument might be applicable if the SNP didn't campaign on the basis of Westminsterbad Bojobad. During the leaders debate when Sarwar was putting forward positive visions of the future as were the Greens and Lib Dems when it came back round to Nicola she would always just ask if we want ruled by her or Boris Johnson.. no substance just anti Westminster sentiment. 

Also im pretty certain that the whole ".....bad" patter originated from 4chan type Qanon people with the whole Orange Man Bad thing so I always heavy cringe when "progressives" use that term. 

35 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

The whole SNPbad argument might be applicable if the SNP didn't campaign on the basis of Westminsterbad Bojobad. During the leaders debate when Sarwar was putting forward positive visions of the future as were the Greens and Lib Dems when it came back round to Nicola she would always just ask if we want ruled by her or Boris Johnson.. no substance just anti Westminster sentiment. 

Also im pretty certain that the whole ".....bad" patter originated from 4chan type Qanon people with the whole Orange Man Bad thing so I always heavy cringe when "progressives" use that term. 

The SNP-BAD argument is applicable because it is literally the campaign material of the tory party.

21 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Obsessive or what. 37 (thirty seven) mentions of the words independence or referendum / indyref in one bi-fold flyer. Yet they claim it's the SNP who are obsessed by it. Not one single policy of their own, not one. Their sole policy is SNPbad. Utter charlatans.

20210407_135256.jpeg20210407_135224.jpeg

7 minutes ago, GiGi said:

The SNP-BAD argument is applicable because it is literally the campaign material of the tory party.

So is Westminster/Bojo bad and so was Trump bad. They all have weight. Doesn't mean it's not a cringey term to use when the political party or candidate you support takes criticism. 

10 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

So is Westminster/Bojo bad and so was Trump bad. They all have weight. Doesn't mean it's not a cringey term to use when the political party or candidate you support takes criticism. 

I'll leave Trump to the side but I'll happily be corrected on the Westminster bad if you show that SNP are campaigning on that basis with no positive policies in their handouts or political broadcasts.

Just now, GiGi said:

I'll leave Trump to the side but I'll happily be corrected on the Westminster bad if you show that SNP are campaigning on that basis with no positive policies in their handouts or political broadcasts.

I said in my initial post if you watched the leaders debate everyone else bar Ross and Nicola was putting forward good points about rebuilding after covid and specific healthcare issues, Nicolas response was almost always to start with "Boris Johnson" or "Westminster" go back and rewatch it if you need to see for yourself. No matter what subject they were discussing she would revert back to "at the end of the day do you want BoJo or Me"

2 minutes ago, Pato said:

I think this is a valid criticism of the SNP doing the same thing back to westminster. 'SNPBad' pre-dates Trump though, having its roots in the Bain Principle in 2012.

I'll need to have a look into that. Anecdotally I first heard the term from the Trump gang and I can't imagine they took it from the Bain Principle (whatever that is) nor will some of the people using it now. American language always sadly filters through here so I'm sure there will be a significant amount of people that picked it up after the Trump stuff was popular. 

55 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I have to admit, I was one of those happily writing Sarwar off as a complete simpleton during the leadership contest, but I've been pleasantly surprised by the fact that he does seem to recognise that there's no mileage in parroting endless 'SNPBad' for Slab, and that Ross and his clown troupe are by far and away the obvious candidate if you are going to attack an opponent along the lines of  'what the f**k are these idiots thinking/doing?'.

I could never countenance voting SLab as long as they remain committed to the Union, and I do accept there's an argument that having ScotCon as the opposition here is actually of benefit to the Indi cause, but I do think that for far too long Slab's obsession with the SNP has worked to their detriment rather than benefit, and a part of me does think that Scots politics would be far the better if the SNP SG was being challenged by a resurgent Slab opposition, rather than a bunch of single-issue fleg-shagging yoon morons.

Sarwar's been smart enough to realise that the Tories have essentially been attacking the Labour vote with their myopic anti-independence approach. Shocking that it's taken them this long to work it out, but I don't think anyone's considered Scottish Labour to be terribly clever in a long time.

Any traditional Labour voter must have been watching them stan* their mortal enemies purely because they're against Scottish self-determination and wondering, "why am I supporting this?"

* apologies for the young person vernacular