The Wildcat Douglas Ross Experiment

Ludo*1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

c**t on sky news just now, not answered one question yet...just SNP bad.......

I also saw that Dross interview on Sky, sounds like 'the once in a generation' and 'currency' have been replaced with the SNP have been bad for Scotland over the last 13 years, by governing Scotland in Scotlands capital they are out of touch with the Scottish people and the only party that understands the Scots is based in London.

The SNP forced the UK out of the EU against the people's will, they introduced the bedroom tax and have spent many billions of pounds on a nuclear missile system but refuse to feed schoolchildren. The SNP have ruined peoples lives by cutting welfare and spent £225.000 to promote Universal Credit which failed. They also slashed police numbers by 20,000, they have fecked with women by raising the pension age without consultation.

I could go on and on, yes the SNP are really bad people and the tory party is the party who really care for the ordinary Scots.

Douglas Ross: "The only way to strengthen the union is to abolish the Scottish Parliament"

Needs to be constantly brought up by the SNP and Greens at every interview that the Conservatives want to do this. I expect Labour and Lib Dem’s will be delighted by that statement too with only a small % of Unionists in favour of scrapping Holyrood they’ll probably pick up a few disillusioned unionist voters from DRoss who has surely just consigned his party to 3rd place in May.

Don’t let the media sweep that statement under the carpet

40 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Needs to be constantly brought up by the SNP and Greens at every interview that the Conservatives want to do this. I expect Labour and Lib Dem’s will be delighted by that statement too with only a small % of Unionists in favour of scrapping Holyrood they’ll probably pick up a few disillusioned unionist voters from DRoss who has surely just consigned his party to 3rd place in May.

Don’t let the media sweep that statement under the carpet

I dunno. As usual, they're going hardline for the NO INDEPENDENCE AT ANY COST crowd, and will get all of their votes. They aren't going to lose any votes to Labour or the Lib Dems, who are Tory lite and come across as fecking useless. There's nobody else for a right-winger who believes in devolution to vote for, so it's hard to see anything other than a very distant second place for Ruth Davidson's Scottish Conservatives™.

We'll see how this pans out, but I think the Tories are laying the groundwork for a wee bit of the old fascism here. There's always been a swell of anti-devolution sentiment among right-wingers, but it looks like the leadership might be moving towards more of an overt "democracy doesn't work unless we win" approach. Considering these folk are likely to be running the UK for a very long time, this is going to get very interesting.

Douglas Ross: "The only way to strengthen the union is to abolish the Scottish Parliament"

In fairness that’s taken wildly out of context. Ross is going through some of the views expressed to him by English Tories, and dismantling them. If that clip keeps playing, he praises devolution and says it’s here to stay.

He damaging enough to the Tories without lying about things.

32 minutes ago, Paco said:

In fairness that’s taken wildly out of context. Ross is going through some of the views expressed to him by English Tories, and dismantling them. If that clip keeps playing, he praises devolution and says it’s here to stay.

He damaging enough to the Tories without lying about things.

I don't see anything wrong with that sort of tactic tbf. The Blurt's Twitter was a constant stream of lies and inaccuracy. I'd quite like to see the same tactic employed to absolutely destroy Ross's credibility (what little he has to begin with). 

28 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I don't see anything wrong with that sort of tactic tbf. The Blurt's Twitter was a constant stream of lies and inaccuracy. I'd quite like to see the same tactic employed to absolutely destroy Ross's credibility (what little he has to begin with). 

Last time around I’d have been dead against this kind of tactic, seeing it as stooping to their level. This time: f**k it. Let the little crapweasel have to explain every time it’s brought up (not that it will be to his face) the context. Have no doubt that scum like Johnson and co would delight in doing the same if a pro independence figure said something that, without the rest, would look damaging.

Last time around I’d have been dead against this kind of tactic, seeing it as stooping to their level. This time: f**k it. Let the little crapweasel have to explain every time it’s brought up (not that it will be to his face) the context. Have no doubt that scum like Johnson and co would delight in doing the same if a pro independence figure said something that, without the rest, would look damaging.
One only has to look at the desperate twisting of "once in a generation" for a prime example.

10 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
25 minutes ago, Antlion said:

One only has to look at the desperate twisting of "once in a generation" for a prime example.

Exactly. The BritNat side know that most people don’t stick around for the explanations; they see and hear only the main line. If we want to win mass support, it can only be with the knowledge that the UK supporters will certainly not be interested in playing nice (nor will they be interested in nuance, context, etc.). A mistake last time was patiently trying to explain context and background every time the UK headbangers leapt on snippets of statements and ideas.

f**k the moral high ground we should use every dirty trick in the book as they absolutely will, Last time they were quite happy to bully pensioners and EU citizens and that was when the polls were in their favour. Westminster certainly won’t give us our independence and they’ll do everything they can to prevent it.

f**k the moral high ground we should use every dirty trick in the book as they absolutely will, Last time they were quite happy to bully pensioners and EU citizens and that was when the polls were in their favour. Westminster certainly won’t give us our independence and they’ll do everything they can to prevent it.
This - last time round Yes played it far too softly.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
4 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

This - last time round Yes played it far too softly.

Nonsense. You've got to stand for what's right. If you're going to cheat just because the other side to I don't think the battle's worth winning.

32 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Nonsense. You've got to stand for what's right. If you're going to cheat just because the other side to I don't think the battle's worth winning.

Standing up for what's right in politics gets you absolutely gubbed. The tories will use every dirty trick they can conjure up and it'll work, unless we counter it.