The Wildcat Douglas Ross Experiment

Ludo*1

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Dougie appears to have appointed someone even less normal than him as his deputy, imagine descending so low in politics you are retweeting dogs looking sad.

50 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Stop the world, I want to get off. FFS!!!!

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Dougie appears to have appointed someone even less normal than him as his deputy, imagine descending so low in politics you are retweeting dogs looking sad.

Harriet Cross was barely out of Uni freshers week when the parliament started debating this - today she is saying its been "rushed through".

Just another Tory fandan.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Harriet Cross was barely out of Uni freshers week when the parliament started debating this - today she is saying its been "rushed through".

Just another Tory fandan.

I do hope someone points out to her that GRC reform was a Tory policy long before Holyrood took it up. 

On 24/12/2022 at 20:51, Clown Job said:

It’s mental how a guy with not one but two parliamentary jobs can also be a linesman at the weekend and apparently people are ok with this 

At least he carries out the duties of one of his jobs, which is more than can be said for his predecessor as Scots Tory leader even though she only had one actual paid role.

EDIT - just realised I had completely forgotten about Jackson Carcrash's stint. Well the point stands. Ruth Davidson was totally invisible and turned being unavailable to her constituents into an art form.

Edited by Boo Khaki

11 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Ruth Davidson was totally invisible and turned being unavailable to her constituents into an art form.

No! She was THE TORY YOU CAN RELATE TO and she was THE WOMAN WHO CAN DETOXIFY THE SCOTTISH TORY BRAND!

(That second one was actually pretty much what The Guardian's tweedy North Britain correspondent Severin Carrell once wrote about her. He hat the hots for her a bit and went ton to write umpteen praise-pieces about her after his spell as Jim Murphy's obsequious bard went funny-shaped)

My one overriding memory of her actual participation in Holyrood will be her standing up to defend and endorse the 'Rape clause'.

I knew her through friends in a previous life, and I was both disappointed and surprised she decided to embark on a political life as a Tory given that party's long disregard for the rights of LGBTQ people and their disdain for Scots, but after watching her do that I realised she had completely fallen to the dark side and simply was not the person myself and many others had once thought.

She no longer ever appears socially in many of the places she used to, and while I'll admit that part of that will obviously be down to having other commitments and priorities now, I'd also contend that it would be impossible for her to do so because she would no longer be welcome and would be lucky to get away without being assaulted, such is the shift in attitudes towards her in places where she was once 'part of the furniture'. 

I'm unsure if she managed to 'detoxify' anything about the tories, but she certainly achieved the opposite with regard to her own profile.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

My one overriding memory of her actual participation in Holyrood will be her standing up to defend and endorse the 'Rape clause'.

I knew her through friends in a previous life, and I was both disappointed and surprised she decided to embark on a political life as a Tory given that party's long disregard for the rights of LGBTQ people and their disdain for Scots, but after watching her do that I realised she had completely fallen to the dark side and simply was not the person myself and many others had once thought.

She no longer ever appears socially in many of the places she used to, and while I'll admit that part of that will obviously be down to having other commitments and priorities now, I'd also contend that it would be impossible for her to do so because she would no longer be welcome and would be lucky to get away without being assaulted, such is the shift in attitudes towards her in places where she was once 'part of the furniture'. 

I'm unsure if she managed to 'detoxify' anything about the tories, but she certainly achieved the opposite with regard to her own profile.

she can;t even be arsed turing up at the House of Lords these days (in fact, I have been there more often than her since last spring - guided tour a couple of weeks ago)  More likely to she Baroness Mone pop in to pick her £332..........................

https://members.parliament.uk/member/4927/voting?page=2

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

She's a fucking coward. After the DUP deal bribe/deal she was asked how she could justify working with a party which was vehemently anti same sex relationships. Obvs she shat it and ran off (ok, quickly waddled). Didn't even have the courage to stand up for her own sexual orientation 🤣

20 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

She's a fucking coward. After the DUP deal bribe/deal she was asked how she could justify working with a party which was vehemently anti same sex relationships. Obvs she shat it and ran off (ok, quickly waddled). Didn't even have the courage to stand up for her own sexual orientation 🤣

Aye. Like I said, there are a fair few reasons why she wouldn't be welcome in many of the places she used to frequent.

4 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

No! She was THE TORY YOU CAN RELATE TO and she was THE WOMAN WHO CAN DETOXIFY THE SCOTTISH TORY BRAND!

I have an uncle in the south of England - hes Scottish but been living there for ~60 years and has some views incompatible with mine. 

He was "telling me" at my dads funeral wake that Ruth Davidson would make a brilliant Prime Minister....................

I was steaming at this point, but as the wake had moved onto my Mums place I didnt want to cause bother by telling him he was a tory p***k (which he is).

I contented myself by telling him that as she had never even been the First Minister, and pissed off as soon as the going got tough, it wasnt happening.

53 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I contented myself by telling him that as she had never even been the First Minister, and pissed off as soon as the going got tough, it wasnt happening.

If she had, by some miracle made FM, why would she consider the demotion to the lesser English job anyway? :P

Oh wait... Tory. Daft question. 

On 28/12/2022 at 13:45, Benjamin_Nevis said:

No surprises here, would you expect anything other from  tory except to run and hide.

Just watch the next two years with them as they run the economy, NHS and public services into the ground knowing that Labour will be to pick up the pieces.

tories are a spiteful fraudulent bunch of rogues, how anyone with a shred of decency could vote for and support these criminals is beyond me.

An unelected prime minister whose wife refuses to pay tax in the country like the rest of us is only one example of immorality among the tories.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not at sure that the type of language Douglas indulged himself in today squares with his SFA obligations.

To my mind his pitchfork use of "absolute beast" is inflammatory and similar in barrel scraping as the words that saw Kyle Lafferty penalised with a long ban.

• 3 weeks later...