The Wildcat Douglas Ross Experiment

Ludo*1

Are they.................resigned to the fact that another Indyref will be a Yes victory?  The stuff they're coming out with these days suggests so.
It reads that way. Even that poster contradicts Dross from FMQs yesterday where he cited no exceptions when that poster very clearly states one named state that doesn't have to join the Euro. It's utterly pathetic stuff.

37 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Why not just ask back why the UK never joined the Euro?

Edit: and why not Denmark?

It was a concession to get Maastricht passed in a second referendum (after it was rejected in the first one), along with some other opt outs.

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

They’re really struggle to find something  to criticise about Scotland rejoining the EU

Given that the majority of people in the UK are now in favour of rejoining (and it is a reasonable assumption the proportion is even higher in Scotland) it seems a very bizarre line of attack.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Given that the majority of people in the UK are now in favour of rejoining (and it is a reasonable assumption the proportion is even higher in Scotland) it seems a very bizarre line of attack.

It worked brilliantly for them before ...

keep-the-pound-hague-G4Y79X.jpg

Personally, I'd prefer an independent Scotland to be outside the EU. More like Norway so not adopting the euro is fine by me.

For me one of the important things a sovereign state should have is full fiscal autonomy. The states that are in the euro don't have that and the smaller states just have to accept that the interest rates etc will be set to suit Germany and France. To me that's the same as the situation we have in the Uk where the economy is run for and by London and the southeast with little attention paid to anywhere else.

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

I'm sure wee Glenn will be doorsteeping Cole and the linesman shortly

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ex-council-leader-andrew-polson-charged-with-electoral-fraud-d89kk8v9b

I remember a lot of Tory councillors being outed as bigots, racists, misogynist, abusive online trolls etc… when Ruth Davidson was leader and you barely heard a peep from the media about it 

It was unreal how much she get away with by just simply ignoring it and not being pressed by the media 

On 28/10/2022 at 12:36, Suspect Device said:

Personally, I'd prefer an independent Scotland to be outside the EU. More like Norway so not adopting the euro is fine by me.

For me one of the important things a sovereign state should have is full fiscal autonomy. The states that are in the euro don't have that and the smaller states just have to accept that the interest rates etc will be set to suit Germany and France. To me that's the same as the situation we have in the Uk where the economy is run for and by London and the southeast with little attention paid to anywhere else.

Whether you are for or against independence, that is the big negative of adopting the euro.

The southern countries such as Italy, Spain and Greece have had a torrid time with interest rates being set to suit the Northern countries.

It would completely negate the whole point of independence, in my opinion.

In fact, utter madness.

10 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Whether you are for or against independence, that is the big negative of adopting the euro.

The southern countries such as Italy, Spain and Greece have had a torrid time with interest rates being set to suit the Northern countries.

It would completely negate the whole point of independence, in my opinion.

In fact, utter madness.

A post-independence adoption of the Euro is not something that would happen immediately so this is a fairly pointless thing to raise. Croatia has run with its own currency the Kuna for nearly three decades and is only now moving to adopt the Euro (though there were plenty places you could spend Euros in Croatia). Scotland would run with its own currency for the foreseeable future and whether we were in the EU, EEA or EFTA that is how it would be. 

The nonsense being spread by the Tories about the Euro also fails to come up to any sort of meaningful scrutiny. It is a much more stable currency than sterling.

10 minutes ago, AndyM said:

A post-independence adoption of the Euro is not something that would happen immediately so this is a fairly pointless thing to raise. Croatia has run with its own currency the Kuna for nearly three decades and is only now moving to adopt the Euro (though there were plenty places you could spend Euros in Croatia). Scotland would run with its own currency for the foreseeable future and whether we were in the EU, EEA or EFTA that is how it would be. 

The nonsense being spread by the Tories about the Euro also fails to come up to any sort of meaningful scrutiny. It is a much more stable currency than sterling.

So you want Scotland to ditch the pound and have its own currency.

Im lost. I thought sterlingisation was the plan?

What is it to be?

3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

So you want Scotland to ditch the pound and have its own currency.

Im lost. I thought sterlingisation was the plan?

What is it to be?

Come on you are brighter than that.

Scotland will use the current Pound post independence and then move over to its own currency when it is ready.

Our friends in Croatia moved from the Dinar to the Kuna in the 1990s. It's really not complicated.

Scotland will use the current Pound post independence and then move over to its own currency when it is ready.
Our friends in Croatia moved from the Dinar to the Kuna in the 1990s. It's really not complicated.

He really isn't

1 hour ago, AndyM said:

You didn’t say that but I accept you meant to.

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Omission