The Wildcat Douglas Ross Experiment

Ludo*1

On 23/09/2022 at 21:16, Clown Job said:

How these people get into a position of power is beyond me 

This is just a mis-understanding DRoss probalby mean to say that Kwatengs tax cuts would turbo-charge his early flight back from Washington.

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

IIRC correctly, dross is what is left at the bottom of a sack of coal.  She'll probably want him to get fracked. 

It's also the term for the residue from smoking opium, I have included an old photo of Douglas with some fellow young Conservatives.

See the source image

Edited by btb

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Linesman backs children's author on complicated and sensitive debate that requires an intellectual capacity their chosen careers don't require.

He probably just likes the bit in her Times diatribe where she says "It is dangerous to assert that any category of people deserves a blanket presumption of innocence."

Life sentence if you're caught within 10 yards of a clothespeg, dreams Dougie. 

3 hours ago, 101 said:

Presumably JK Rowling and Dougie are taking full responsibility for the abuse Trans people are getting? 

Blaming a woman for male violence against women doesn't seem particularly feminist.

I've never witnessed a group level the degree of misogynistic bile at NS that regularly comes from GC 'feminists'.

What I find doubly odd about them is they choose to name their groups things like 'Standing Up for Women', 'Let Women Speak', 'Women Won't Wheesht' and so on, and yet every single time I've seen a biological woman express any contrarian view to their line, they are invariably told to sit down, stop speaking, and wheesht.

I've alluded to this before, but I don't think there is a single more hypocritical, cossetted, and myopic group of individuals than gender critical feminists. They clearly couldn't give less of a f**k about the concerns of any woman who doesn't hail from their own middle-class, middle-aged, white demographic, if those concerns are not primarily about gender theory and transgenderism. 

In their minds women who vote SNP are traitors to their sex because of the SNP's policy of GRC reform, yet they can not comprehend how another woman might view economic policy as the most important factor in deciding what matters most in determining how politics impact upon women. If I'm being uncharitable I'd suggest that's because GC feminists are, in the main, fortunate to hail from a demographic where they can afford to obsess over single issues rather than worry about how to feed and clothe themselves and their children. This is it in a nutshell for me. I think that there are a huge number of feminists out there who view the single issue GC lot as nothing more than a delusional, privileged, exclusionary mob, and I can completely understand why they are off-putting even before you question whether or not they are really just transphobes hiding behind a veneer of 'legitimate concerns'.

I'm also at a loss as to how they can continue to insist that GC views are 'the norm', and that the SNP are pressing ahead with GRC reform against the wishes of the general population. It's self-evident that either enough people simply don't care about this issue enough to preclude them electing SNP governments, or they are in support of the GRC reform legislation and that's part of the reason why they are voting SNP. I think the fact they keep repeating this irreconcilable contradiction is yet more evidence of the self-delusion that they are somehow the only voice of the 'majority'. When you challenge them on this their take is invariably that the issues are not well circulated or understood enough for people to realise what's going on, therefore people are widely supportive of GRC reform only because they do not fully understand the implications. I agree with them that in general the UK population is frequently ignorant and gullible, but on this particular occasion I think people generally are well aware, and they just don't buy the hyperbolic nonsense that is presented as the case against.

Edited by Boo Khaki

9 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I've never witnessed a group level the degree of misogynistic bile at NS that regularly comes from GC 'feminists'.

What I find doubly odd about them is they choose to name their groups things like 'Standing Up for Women', 'Let Women Speak', 'Women Won't Wheesht' and so on, and yet every single time I've seen a biological woman express any contrarian view to their line, they are invariably told to sit down, stop speaking, and wheesht.

I've alluded to this before, but I don't think there is a single more hypocritical, cossetted, and myopic group of individuals than gender critical feminists. They clearly couldn't give less of a f**k about the concerns of any woman who doesn't hail from their own middle-class, middle-aged, white demographic, if those concerns are not primarily about gender theory and transgenderism. 

In their minds women who vote SNP are traitors to their sex because of the SNP's policy of GRC reform, yet they can not comprehend how another woman might view economic policy as the most important factor in deciding what matters most in determining how politics impact upon women. If I'm being uncharitable I'd suggest that's because GC feminists are, in the main, fortunate to hail from a demographic where they can afford to obsess over single issues rather than worry about how to feed and clothe themselves and their children. This is it in a nutshell for me. I think that there are a huge number of feminists out there who view the single issue GC lot as nothing more than a delusional, privileged, exclusionary mob, and I can completely understand why they are off-putting even before you question whether or not they are really just transphobes hiding behind a veneer of 'legitimate concerns'.

I'm also at a loss as to how they can continue to insist that GC views are 'the norm', and that the SNP are pressing ahead with GRC reform against the wishes of the general population. It's self-evident that either enough people simply don't care about this issue enough to preclude them electing SNP governments, or they are in support of the GRC reform legislation and that's part of the reason why they are voting SNP. I think the fact they keep repeating this irreconcilable contradiction is yet more evidence of the self-delusion that they are somehow the only voice of the 'majority'. When you challenge them on this their take is invariably that the issues are not well circulated or understood enough for people to realise what's going on, therefore people are widely supportive of GRC reform only because they do not fully understand the implications. I agree with them that in general the UK population is frequently ignorant and gullible, but on this particular occasion I think people generally are well aware, and they just don't buy the hyperbolic nonsense that is presented as the case against.

A woman gave me an anti-GRC leaflet the other day (which I didn't read. It got binned)

I wish I'd had the courage to follow through on the evil thought that crossed my mind to say "Of course there are also female to male transexuals. I'm glad you're protesting because I don't want some hairy legged lezza smacked to the eyeballs on testosterone sneaking into the Gents just to see ma willie. Because that's basically what you're arguing in reverse"